Urgent info on XA vs XB needed

Like the name says...

Postby Dave D » Fri Aug 09, 2002 5:10 am

[color=#000000 face="Times New Roman" border="0" target="_blank"]

Guy's,

I've just come across an XA gs coupe that's in good nick, no rust under the rear window at all. The guy has re done the interior & has the GT guards & other bits ready to go on. Since I'm new to OZ & don't know much about the XA, XB, XC range, what are the main differences between the XA & XB.

Would an XA based Interceptor look the same or would it stick out like a dogs balls that I've used the wrong base car. Any help on this would be great since I would like to go & see it tomorrow if I can.

Dave.[/color]

Dave D

Postby cobra » Fri Aug 09, 2002 10:39 am

Hello Dave you can use an XA as a base car, we have just about completed an interceptor out of an XB that had been converted to an XA and we then converted it back to an XB, if you want to email me about it you can.

ghodgson@bigpond.com

regards Grant
cobra

Postby nelson » Fri Aug 09, 2002 12:00 pm

hi dave, Grant will give you all the info you need but you'll find the xa xb and xc are all similiar when being used as a base car as you are replacing the front anyway except the sloping tail lights on the xa are diiferent.
nelson

Postby Peter Barton » Fri Aug 09, 2002 1:36 pm

The guards and bonnet on the XA are different. You will have to install XB bonnet and guards to get the fibreglass front to fit. The doors on the XA are also different to the XB. The taillights are also different.

You can still definitely use an XA as a base car, just be aware of the number of things you're going to have to change. If the XA shell you're looking at has no rust like you say, it might be worth doing - did you check the shell thoroughly for rust everywhere else? If this shell is as good as you say, then it might be worth it even for all the other parts you have to change - cutting the rust out of another shell can be tedious, and expensive if you have to pay someone else to do it.
Peter Barton
Site Admin

Postby Dave D » Sun Aug 11, 2002 3:28 am

[color=#000000 face="Times New Roman" border="0" target="_blank"][color=#000000 face="Times New Roman" size=4][color=#000000 face="Times New Roman" border="0" target="_blank"]

Well I went & saw the XA yesterday & was very disappointed, the guys idea of "No rust at all" & mine where really quiet different. When looking into the boot I could see my feet under it!, It had what I would call major rust all over the arse end. The boot rubber channel was pretty much gone & there was little left under the lights. There was more but I won't bore you with the details, although under the rear window was perfect!.

Does anyone know of a good XB coupe for sale in Victoria, also advice on what to expect to pay would help, are there any good XB's left or are there now only the rotten ones left????

Dave[/color][/color][/color]
Dave D

Postby perana » Wed Aug 21, 2002 2:37 pm

I don't know if it helps but there are stll quite a alot of real tidy XA / XB / XC coupes in NZ and given rego changes and petrol prices theres gonna be Quite a few projects Goin' cheap..........$3-->3,500
Hey Fella .....You're A Turkey .....You Know That
perana

Postby mainforcepatrol » Tue Aug 27, 2002 7:57 pm

Any contact info on XBs in NZ?

SteveO - Main Force Patrol
mainforcepatrol

Return to Film Cars and Replica Cars