The Mad Max Equivalent of Trekkies

Artwork and artistry, sketches, scripts, stories - drop all your creative efforts in here

The Mad Max Equivalent of Trekkies

Postby CriticAndProud » Mon Aug 12, 2013 1:53 pm

We Mad Max fans should have a unifying name, like Trekkie or Whovian. Main Force Patrol ? Zed Runners ? Road Warriors ? The Fans from Beyond Thunderdome ?
That Goose is on fire........
CriticAndProud

Re: The Mad Max Equivalent of Trekkies

Postby Modern Wastelander » Fri Dec 20, 2013 7:24 pm

Well, I think Fallout fans already took wastelanders so that's out.
Modern Wastelander

Postby MWFV8 » Sat Dec 21, 2013 2:30 am

Scurge
"Wrong, we fight for a belief. I stay."
MWFV8

Postby themanw/oaname » Sat Dec 21, 2013 11:55 am

I thought I saw some where they called fans of Mad Max "The Bronze".

It kind of works, not just for fans of the MFP but for the wastland dwellers/raiders' because of their tans being exposed to the sun so much.

Though to be honest, I'd really like to be a fan of something and not be pigeon holed into something. As I've mentioned before I am a fan of Ghostbusters. Ghostbusters fans are called "ghostheads" and that is the stupidest thing to be called. It's like what you'd call a bj from a ghost. Not to mention all the negative press(three on the news for being sexual predators) and the larger portion of the membership are socially retarded weirdos. Another example is the whole Costumer(prop maker)/Cosplayer thing no one ever will get a clue about.

When my Max get up is done, I'm actually pretty excited that there arent going to be many other ones(if any) in my area. It'd be alot like Max in the wastelands in the movie, only it'd be cliques at a convention or other event; instead of different pockets of murderous gangs.
themanw/oaname

Postby Bubba Fat » Sun Dec 22, 2013 4:52 pm

As for me from the Mad Max side of me I would consider me as a "Glory Rider": The non-official name for the Toecutter Gang. 8-)
I could probably make it on my own, but I like you kids.
Bubba Fat

Postby Modern Wastelander » Sun Dec 22, 2013 5:33 pm

Bubba has a good idea. Why one unifying name? We could always pick which movie faction we identify best with. We've got MFP, Toecutter's Gang, Smegma Crazies, Gayboy Berserkers, etc.
Modern Wastelander

Postby MWFV8 » Mon Dec 23, 2013 3:59 am

themanw/oaname wrote:I thought I saw some where they called fans of Mad Max "The Bronze".

That's cool. I'm not sure if Bronze is an Australiasim, but anything that links back to the country should be welcomed.
"Wrong, we fight for a belief. I stay."
MWFV8

Return to Creations and Creativity