Interceptor for sale in the UK

Like the name says...

Re: Interceptor for sale in the UK

Postby roadwarriormfp » Fri Jun 28, 2013 2:40 pm

MWFV8 wrote:It's a shame really because those earlier claims cloud what is a really nice rep, I feel sorry for the original builder.

Huh?? why feel sorry for them? The car was built for a customer.... money exchanged deal done.
The people who built the car have also made various "claims" over the years as well.
We are 100% snafu....
roadwarriormfp

Postby MWFV8 » Fri Jun 28, 2013 11:39 pm

roadwarriormfp wrote:
MWFV8 wrote:It's a shame really because those earlier claims cloud what is a really nice rep, I feel sorry for the original builder.

Huh?? why feel sorry for them? The car was built for a customer.... money exchanged deal done.
The people who built the car have also made various "claims" over the years as well.

I didn't know that, that's a shame, but regardless, it's a really nice rep.
"Wrong, we fight for a belief. I stay."
MWFV8

Postby cobra » Thu Jul 04, 2013 5:32 pm

And what claims would they be Sam???? I dont get on here much any more due to the neolithic incompetence of some. how ever what I will tell you is this car is not a GT, it has a stroked 351 to a 393, it has a T5 5speed in it. 3.25 lsd disc brake nine inch. it has absolutely NO parts from an original car from the film. the nose is from our mold that we took from an original Arcadipane nose. the roof spoiler is from our mold that was taken from Gordons car which had the roof spoiler fitted by Eryl Platt. the car was purchased from NSW, we paid 26,000 for it then did panel/paint, new interior suspension,motor,gearbox and diff. it was set up for its current location and has just under 315hp at the wheels with plenty of torque. top speed of the car is unknown to me as we never took it there but it will be well above 140mph due to the torque figure of the engine and gearing.

all the rest of the Max stuff is as per film and as close to the film car as it can be with out physical inspection of the actual movie car. correct blue light, roof console correct size! rear spoiler correct size and not just a cobra one put on.

why the owner has filled it with so much bull shit is beyond me, but he has. he had no need to as its a beast and stood high on its own merits and would be a fun machine to throw around the Isle of Mann.

regards Grant
cobra

Postby .MAD MAX. » Thu Jul 04, 2013 7:18 pm

Hey Grant.....what Sam is referring to is the claims about having parts from the original car and the first claim that is was the rolled wreck rebuilt. There's never been any question about engine specs or the like. The owner even emailed me with quite a story that any fan that has read through this site would know otherwise. What i can't understand is why the guy only kept the car for such a short period of time

.MAD MAX.

Postby MWFV8 » Fri Jul 05, 2013 12:20 am

.MAD MAX. wrote:There's never been any question about engine specs or the like.

Erm there is... right in this thread.

Some of it even speculative.
"Wrong, we fight for a belief. I stay."
MWFV8

Postby roadwarriormfp » Fri Jul 05, 2013 12:42 am

MWFV8 wrote:
.MAD MAX. wrote:There's never been any question about engine specs or the like.

Erm there is... right in this thread.

Some of it even speculative.

Well the owner said its a "nascar" block.... the builder says its a 351 with a stroker crank...
And Grant I aint gonna go there. Not going to rehash 10yrs of old crap thats come across here or via phone calls or via your own customers.
We are 100% snafu....
roadwarriormfp

Postby cobra » Fri Jul 05, 2013 5:54 am

Sam YOU went there!

(The people who built the car have also made various "claims" over the years as well.)

1stly we had issues with 2 cars, one was left in the California sun for ever, mmm black car not looked after, parked on the street in Burbank! no wonder the spoilers got grumpy.

2nd car with issues was the cheapy, I went to the USA to sort the engine out and give owner part refund for him to sort out an engine his way. cant get much better than that.

the car in the isle of mann has four bolt mains, no its not a nascar block, but it is four bolt mains, scat stroker kit, 3v heads, edelbrock air gap manifold, roller rockers, forged pistons, balanced, 650 dp holley.

any one who buys it will enjoy it. the T5 is the weekest link.

any way, building bigger and better things now like tumblers and the Bat, mack trucks from convoy.

Grant
cobra

Postby mack tanker » Sun Jul 07, 2013 4:06 pm

The car looks good grant you and Gordon do good work the seller will always add spice to the pie when you step into the light someone will always look for faults you have built shit and put it out there that is good enough for me keep up the good work
mack tanker

Postby NuffTorque » Mon Jul 08, 2013 12:54 am

mack tanker wrote:The car looks good grant you and Gordon do good work the seller will always add spice to the pie when you step into the light someone will always look for faults you have built shit and put it out there that is good enough for me keep up the good work

Maybe its just me but the comment "you have built shit" is not a great recommendation

did you mean shit = crap,rubbish,junk?
or
did you mean shit = stuff, things, items?
"Course I'm going on, Shut up, Peoples lives are in peril..."
NuffTorque

Postby roadwarriormfp » Mon Jul 08, 2013 12:06 pm

Ok here goes....

I know of two customers who have via email told me that the kits you guys supplied them were wafer thin and fitted poorly.
A web site in the USA showed a build of a coupe and the person working on the car also commented the fibreglass was wafer thin and fitted poorly.

I have seen pictures of a coupe you guys built which had two large wood screws go through the boot spoiler and were protruding in the boot by a few inches.

The "budget" replica I was told that the floor was gibreglassed up (had no steel) and that the front guards only had a couple of bolts holding it on. The RVS i was also told was "incomplete". (this is on top of the engine which was tired).

Not to mention your business partner who posted that he would "beat me to a pulp" if we ever met.. on a public forum.
Very professional!

Want me to go on?
We are 100% snafu....
roadwarriormfp

PreviousNext

Return to Film Cars and Replica Cars