Interceptor for sale in the UK

Like the name says...

Interceptor for sale in the UK

Postby Peter Barton » Thu Jun 20, 2013 3:24 pm

Not sure who currently owns this - given the location, it might be the "Isle of Man" Interceptor?

http://www.pembertoncars.co.uk/listing/madmax
Peter Barton
Site Admin

Re: Interceptor for sale in the UK

Postby roadwarriormfp » Fri Jun 21, 2013 12:09 am

Sure is... dont forget that nascar race engine... the fact its the genuine stunt car fully rebuilt... no wait... contains parts from the genuine stunt car from mm2...

:lol:
We are 100% snafu....
roadwarriormfp

Postby MFP1 » Fri Jun 21, 2013 12:34 pm

They have contacted www.madmaxcars.com regarding listing it, but apparently have yet to respond to some pointed questions about the car and build. Will let you know what info surfaces. Seems that they will have difficulty maintaining any pretenses they outlined here as they sell the car. unless they are founded by documentation.
"We'll see you on the road scag, We'll see you like we saw the nightrider!!!", "Perhaps its a result of anxiety...." MFP1
MFP1

Postby Desloc » Fri Jun 21, 2013 1:12 pm

I saw nothing in the advert indicating any misdirection or insistence that it has anything connected to the original or stunt car. So why the innuendoes from others? There are several that claim to have parts from the exact same molds, the most accurate replica, etc. yet are rarely, if ever, challenged but why this particular car and seller?
v/r
Mike
"You think you're special?! We've all lost someone we've loved, but we're still human beings, with dignity. You? You're out there with the garbage... you're nothing."
Desloc

Postby roadwarriormfp » Fri Jun 21, 2013 3:07 pm

Desloc wrote:I saw nothing in the advert indicating any misdirection or insistence that it has anything connected to the original or stunt car. So why the innuendoes from others? There are several that claim to have parts from the exact same molds, the most accurate replica, etc. yet are rarely, if ever, challenged but why this particular car and seller?
v/r
Mike

Thats because some of us know what the owner has claimed in the past.... and bothered to tell him he is a liar.

If you look at the add it says its a 6.5litre V8... utter rubbish for a start.

A few years ago when the car appeared in the UK, the owner claimed it WAS THE STUNT CAR rebuilt.

He then says he was misquoted... and said the car had PARTS from the wrecked stunt car.

(This was all posted up on here years ago as well)
We are 100% snafu....
roadwarriormfp

Postby Desloc » Fri Jun 21, 2013 8:16 pm

roadwarriormfp wrote:Thats because some of us know what the owner has claimed in the past.... and bothered to tell him he is a liar.
If you look at the add it says its a 6.5litre V8... utter rubbish for a start.
A few years ago when the car appeared in the UK, the owner claimed it WAS THE STUNT CAR rebuilt.
He then says he was misquoted... and said the car had PARTS from the wrecked stunt car.
(This was all posted up on here years ago as well)

Yes, I know what was said and pointed out 3 years ago and haven't heard much if anything about it or from him since. Now he is selling the car and mentioning nothing that has been misrepresented in the past, I say lesson learned, so why bring it up? As you said "claimed in the past", he was called out on it, and since he isn't making any of those claims now I don't see why we should continue to trash, insinuate, disenfranchise, or condemn him now - lesson learned and time served.

As for the 6.5l V8; if in fact it has been stroked to 393cu inches, as stated before, then that equates to 6.44l and is close enough that I wouldn't condemn him for that. Unless he really needs to come up with another 3.7cu inches to satisfy the critics.

As for the NASCAR spec claim; that could well be how you look at the claim. If it is only because it is a 351c 4bolt main and NACAR used them in the 70s then it won't hold much water. However, if it is a 351c that was built utilizing the specs of a NACAR 351c then why not?

As for the producing a top speed of "approximately 170MPH" then that can easily be estimated by a simple internet calculator. Take the max engine RPM, transmission final out, the diff ratio, and tire size and you can find out what the approximate speed is of any car. Doesn't take into account other factors but gives you what it is capable of producing. For example a car with a T56 (.62 overdrive), 3:89gears, and running 295/50 tires the top speed at 6500RPM is approximately 213MPH. Do I think a Falcon would ever reach that, no, however what could it do before it scared the shit out of you and would you stop before the car?

My point is that claims were made 3 years ago and his current ad doesn't make those same claims and the "6.5l NASCAR V8 with an approximate 170mph top speed" headline may not be that far off, at least not enough to condemn the man and is between him and the buyer to sort out. In either case, I don't believe that we should imply, without proof, that is lying about the car now.

Just my 2cents.
v/r
Mike
"You think you're special?! We've all lost someone we've loved, but we're still human beings, with dignity. You? You're out there with the garbage... you're nothing."
Desloc

Postby MadMatt » Fri Jun 21, 2013 8:57 pm

Perhaps it was only worth mentioning as a buyer be ware senario? There are a few folks scanning this site looking for projects/etc.. Wouldnt anybody to get cought up in the excitment of new car project only to pay way to much for somthing all things being relitive. lol
MadMatt

Postby Desloc » Sat Jun 22, 2013 3:19 am

MadMatt wrote:Perhaps it was only worth mentioning as a buyer be ware senario? There are a few folks scanning this site looking for projects/etc.. Wouldnt anybody to get cought up in the excitment of new car project only to pay way to much for somthing all things being relitive. lol

Why? Is it our job to determine a fair price on Mad Max objects and if they don't meet our requirements to disparage a person for a claim that was made three years ago and not what is being said now?
v/r
Mike
Desloc

Postby roadwarriormfp » Sat Jun 22, 2013 3:25 pm

Ah so just because he bullshitted to everyone that the car WAS THE ORGINAL STUNT CAR.. then changed his tune to.. used parts from the orginal stunt..... just because he lied once we should all forgive and forget.

Fuck me seriously... theres been plenty of replica owners out there who have made bullshit claims over the year and i for one am sick of it.

You wanna stand up for someone who has committed the ultimate "madmax sin" of telling people.. "oh i own an orginal car" then good for you.

170MPH in an stock XB FALCON??
Given the fact the car has NO upgraded brakes then anyone claiming it goes to 170MPH must have used up a good 1-2km just to stop.
Because believe me the standard brakes in an XB are dangerous and much too small to be used effectively anywhere above 100kmh.
I just wonder how many drag strips in the UK that are few km long and can i see the offical time sheet?

Just where is the carby drawing the air from? Oh look a BIG fake blower is sitting on top of it.... hmm yes great clean airflow there.
And whats the carby size? Given the so-called engine size id imagine it would be in the region of 1000cfm sitting under that small space under the blower?
I think not... strangely carby size isnt even mentioned in the add.

If someone is caught out in a big lie, everything else we cant take with a grain of salt.
We are 100% snafu....
roadwarriormfp

Postby Peter Barton » Sun Jun 23, 2013 6:52 am

Desloc wrote:Yes, I know what was said and pointed out 3 years ago and haven't heard much if anything about it or from him since. Now he is selling the car and mentioning nothing that has been misrepresented in the past, I say lesson learned, so why bring it up? As you said "claimed in the past", he was called out on it, and since he isn't making any of those claims now I don't see why we should continue to trash, insinuate, disenfranchise, or condemn him now - lesson learned and time served.

Just for reference, the guy who emailed me the info also passed along the fact that someone currently involved with the sale of the car had said it was "the original car from MM". I know it is not mentioned in the ad online, but it seems that story is still being passed around with regards to this car. I guess the fact that they didn't put it into print in the ad tells you how much the sellers believe it. I certainly do hope that it was just a comment made by someone misinformed, and that no one is honestly trying to sell the car with that as bait.
Peter Barton
Site Admin

Next

Return to Film Cars and Replica Cars