Mad Max 4 - The Game (September 1st 2015 PS4, XB1, PC)

Computer games, role playing games, online games...

Re: Mad Max 4 - The Game

Postby biolumen » Mon Jun 10, 2013 9:37 pm

From the official fact sheet, here is a break down of what we can expect from the game. After your Interceptor is stolen, you and a prodigy mechanic team up to find a way to get your beloved car back. In order to do so, you, Chumbucket, and friends have to create the ultimate war vehicle and find a way out of Wasteland.

Here are some of the game features:

· An open world wasteland - Here you will experience various landscapes and endure different weather patterns.

· One man's trash is another man's treasure - You'll come across this valuable resource which you will use to enhance and upgrade your weapons and cars throughout the game.

· Vehicular combat - One of the main features of the game is fighting with cars. This doesn't mean you'll be hitting others with your car. Think more like firing guns and rockets from your driver seat.

· Being Max - Not only are your cars customizable and upgradable, but so are you. Players will engage in melee combat, gunplay, and will have to use tactical decisions if they want to survive in the Wasteland.

Mad Max will be out on the PS4, Xbox One, PS3, Xbox 360, and Windows PC in 2014.

http://www.examiner.com/article/full-de ... ax-from-e3
biolumen
 
Posts: 1568
Joined: Sat May 23, 2009 4:26 pm

Re: Mad Max 4 - The Game

Postby lord humungus » Mon Jun 10, 2013 10:43 pm

PlayStation gamers will get exclusive DLC when it launches on PS4 and Xbox One.


great. cause The xbox one is way too expensive for a budget gamer like me. and the ps4 is also very expensive. so if I don't buy these then I don't get to game with the exclusive DLC. how much you want to bet this "exclusive dlc" is like road warrior cars or maybe some sort of retro car pack? so all my dreams might come true if I am willing to cough up the rediculious money for a next gen console. this pisses me off greatly.

trailer is here: http://www.destructoid.com/mad-max-from-just-cause-dev-avalanche-studios-announced-255953.phtml
lord humungus
 
Posts: 521
Joined: Fri Oct 29, 2004 2:46 am

Re: Mad Max 4 - The Game

Postby Taipan » Mon Jun 10, 2013 11:32 pm

Few extra images from
http://www.madmaxgame.com/

max promo3.jpg
max promo3.jpg (423.61 KiB) Viewed 2548 times

max promo2.jpg
max promo2.jpg (345.99 KiB) Viewed 2548 times

max promo1.jpg
max promo1.jpg (371.4 KiB) Viewed 2548 times
At last the Vermin had inherited the Earth
User avatar
Taipan
 
Posts: 1480
Joined: Mon Feb 09, 2004 9:14 am
Location: The Wasteland

Re: Mad Max 4 - The Game

Postby Stef-Man » Tue Jun 11, 2013 2:11 am

What if the game isn't related at all to Mad Max 4? Its title does not refer to Fury Road. Maybe it's a story that happened before the V8's explosion in Mad Max 2.
Stef-Man
 
Posts: 334
Joined: Wed Sep 30, 2009 9:36 am
Location: Paris, France

Re: Mad Max 4 - The Game

Postby DGSimo » Tue Jun 11, 2013 3:50 am

Stef-Man wrote:What if the game isn't related at all to Mad Max 4? Its title does not refer to Fury Road. Maybe it's a story that happened before the V8's explosion in Mad Max 2.


Some of the designs though seem to be pulled from Fury Road, like the Interceptor, marauders etc.
User avatar
DGSimo
 
Posts: 926
Joined: Wed Jul 28, 2010 7:08 am
Location: Milan, Michigan

Re: Mad Max 4 - The Game

Postby Wez 1968 » Tue Jun 11, 2013 4:17 am

OMG! This is so awesome!
The collection of all Mad Max Fury Road Pictures in one place. Almost all from this forum. http://madmaxcars.blogspot.com.au
Wez 1968
 
Posts: 24
Joined: Sun Sep 11, 2011 11:43 pm

Re: Mad Max 4 - The Game

Postby Taipan » Tue Jun 11, 2013 4:27 am

My bet is that it'll be released around the same time Fury Road hits the big screen, so that's one connection.
The game could be a side-story that compliments the movie, much like it was with Matrix Reloaded/Revolutions and Enter The Matrix game.

As far as design and plot of the game, it does have a few traits that connect with the movie, like DGSimo said:
Marauders, the Interceptor (sort of, this one's almost identical to RW's Interceptor). In the last pic I posted I swear there is a marauders vehicle that looks like the Buick on duallies we've seen in FR production shots.

Also the whole plot about marauders stealing Max's Interceptor. Possibly turning it into a silver interceptor? It would make sense, but I'm definitely getting ahead of myself. Interesting idea nontheless.
At last the Vermin had inherited the Earth
User avatar
Taipan
 
Posts: 1480
Joined: Mon Feb 09, 2004 9:14 am
Location: The Wasteland

Re: Mad Max 4 - The Game

Postby Stef-Man » Tue Jun 11, 2013 4:36 am

DGSimo wrote:
Stef-Man wrote:What if the game isn't related at all to Mad Max 4? Its title does not refer to Fury Road. Maybe it's a story that happened before the V8's explosion in Mad Max 2.


Some of the designs though seem to be pulled from Fury Road, like the Interceptor, marauders etc.

You're right. Maybe those are hints to elements that will be develop further in the story of Fury Road. Except for the front of the Interceptor, I can't explain it yet :)
Stef-Man
 
Posts: 334
Joined: Wed Sep 30, 2009 9:36 am
Location: Paris, France

Re: Mad Max 4 - The Game

Postby DGSimo » Tue Jun 11, 2013 7:53 am

Taipan wrote:My bet is that it'll be released around the same time Fury Road hits the big screen, so that's one connection.
The game could be a side-story that compliments the movie, much like it was with Matrix Reloaded/Revolutions and Enter The Matrix game.

As far as design and plot of the game, it does have a few traits that connect with the movie, like DGSimo said:
Marauders, the Interceptor (sort of, this one's almost identical to RW's Interceptor). In the last pic I posted I swear there is a marauders vehicle that looks like the Buick on duallies we've seen in FR production shots.

Also the whole plot about marauders stealing Max's Interceptor. Possibly turning it into a silver interceptor? It would make sense, but I'm definitely getting ahead of myself. Interesting idea nontheless.


Yeah the Interceptor is a weird mix of the RW and FR version from the busted front headlight to the rust around the car. Same goes for Max's costume too.

Really excited though. An open world "Wasteland" that allows you to find resources and scrap metal to build and customize for vehicular road wars? Nice!
User avatar
DGSimo
 
Posts: 926
Joined: Wed Jul 28, 2010 7:08 am
Location: Milan, Michigan

Re: Mad Max 4 - The Game

Postby biolumen » Tue Jun 11, 2013 10:58 am

Stef-Man wrote:Maybe those are hints to elements that will be develop further in the story of Fury Road.


Lots of elements at least point to the game being set in the same universe as that of the new movie. As pointed out, the marauder looks awfully similar to those guys seen sitting atop the War Rig in a few pictures. Also, those spikey things in the ground are the same ones we've seen attached to the spiked vehicles. But yeah, the game could just be an extension of the new Mad Max universe rather than a direct tie-in with the plot of the new movie. But it could also be a direct tie-in. We'll see.

Just looking around, lots of gamers were very disappointed that this wasn't an announcement for Fallout 4. In fact, some are saying this game has come too late as Fallout has already covered this ground. Not being a gamer myself, I ask you. How right are they?
biolumen
 
Posts: 1568
Joined: Sat May 23, 2009 4:26 pm

PreviousNext

Return to Games and Gaming

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests