interceptor paint design

Like the name says...

interceptor paint design

Postby nelson » Wed Aug 07, 2002 2:02 am

Hi guys. I have Steve Pilants sketches on the interceptors paint design but I am not sure if it is 100% accurate. Ay help would be appreciated.

I have just spent three days pulling down my xc getting it ready for rust work. The kit arrives next week then look out.
nelson

interceptor paint design

Postby Dave_H » Wed Aug 07, 2002 4:29 am

With steve pilants sketches in mind, I checked out the paint scheme on the latest Last-V8 at back2themax. Steves paint scheme seems very close, Getting the curve at the back where the spoiler is, looked to be the hardest part.
Dave_H

interceptor paint design

Postby nelson » Wed Aug 07, 2002 5:49 am

I know that the last v8 appears to have a slightly different paint sceme. Was it designed from MM2? Was the paint scheme different in each movie??
nelson

interceptor paint design

Postby 5.7 Interceptor » Thu Aug 08, 2002 12:16 am

Steves drawings are 99.9% accurate... the only thing he didn't ad was that the pinsrtipe also carries over the front wheel arch... keep in mind Steve did these drawings quite a while ago and He's fully aware

of the updated info... he sold his XB though and never got around to changing his drwaings.. not to mention the 'photopoint' site went belly up. The paint scheme would be the same in both movies.. you can catch a few quick glimpes of the the pinstripes in the 'not so dirty' spots on the car in MM2.

Doug
5.7 Interceptor

Return to Film Cars and Replica Cars