Nose cone

Like the name says...

Nose cone

Postby LTDHO » Thu Aug 01, 2002 1:00 pm

Hey guy's,

How do you pick a genuine Concord nosecone?
LTDHO = Supercharged Intercooled 5.7L 360rwkw, 6 speed

XB Coupe = Stock Fairmont GS with 351 and 4 speed.

But I really want a 600rwhp XB coupe!
LTDHO

Nose cone

Postby MFP1 » Thu Aug 01, 2002 7:09 pm

Nearly impossible my friend. You could possibly find one used in OZ, but that is a search many are on already. Your best option is to contact one of the people who is making copies, there are many of these to choose from. These vary in quality and accuracy to the film. In my research I have found that the one that has been created with the most movie accuracy, and also the best strnegth and price, would be the set that is being offered through http://www.madmaxcars.com ....I think they even have a choice of carbon fiber instead of fiberglass if you want to shell out the extra bucks.
"We'll see you on the road scag, We'll see you like we saw the nightrider!!!", "Perhaps its a result of anxiety...." MFP1
MFP1

Nose cone

Postby LTDHO » Fri Aug 02, 2002 1:16 am

Thaks for the info MFP1.

I have a nose cone. I bought it five years ago. I was told when I bought it it was genuine and used on the 'camara car' during MM1. It has the holes in it for the lights but no lights.

I was hoping there was some way of identifying it as original or not.
LTDHO = Supercharged Intercooled 5.7L 360rwkw, 6 speed

XB Coupe = Stock Fairmont GS with 351 and 4 speed.

But I really want a 600rwhp XB coupe!
LTDHO

Nose cone

Postby MFP1 » Sun Aug 04, 2002 7:30 pm

maybe, if you find out let me know...... I have a possible "genuine" Monza nose also. I think the "camera car" or the 2nd interceptor probably never had a nosecone, saince it was used primarily for closeups interior/moving shots, and the rollover scene.
"We'll see you on the road scag, We'll see you like we saw the nightrider!!!", "Perhaps its a result of anxiety...." MFP1
MFP1

Nose cone

Postby Peter Barton » Mon Aug 05, 2002 1:03 am

If you have an original Arcadipane nosecone then you should know just by looking at it.

That said though, there was no "camera car" in any of the films. Mad Max used a modified F100 camera truck. Mad Max 2 also used an F100.

LTDHO, if you're in Melbourne I'd be happy to help you track down some more info on what you have, just send me an email at mailto:pbarton@bigpond.net.au. Even if it's an original nose though, It is unlikely that what you have was ever used in the films.
Peter Barton
Site Admin

Return to Film Cars and Replica Cars