LRP

Like the name says...

LRP

Postby Mr Natural » Sun Jul 28, 2002 9:21 am

Has anyone got any advice on this crap they're making us put in our cars now?

I have an XC with a 351, and I've heard that the different oil companies mix the LRP differently, and that you should shop around to work out which is best for you vehicle. But if someone's already done that, then that saves me the effort!

It was also suggested to me that premium unleaded might work better than LRP, but I'm not putting that in unless I know for sure.

And are we in NSW the only ones paying an extra 3c a litre for LRP? Used to be that Super was 3c a litre more because of the lead polluting the atmosphere. But now that there's no lead in it, why are we still paying more for it?
Mr Natural

LRP

Postby Wrinkles » Sun Jul 28, 2002 9:18 pm

I suppose everybody will have their own opinion on what is and what isn't best to run.. but I run my 351 on Shell "Optimax". If that's not available, premium unleaded. I was a bit unsure at first, but was recommended the Optimax by a mate who uses it in his drag car. He's one of those blokes that studies the ins & outs of everything he does - and reckons the octane level should always be consistent (unlike the LRP's) and is damn close to Avgas - without the price.

If you're worried about 3c extra for LRP, you mightn't be too excited about Optimax - where I live I'm paying anything up to 9c higher than the unleaded price - but that's country Victoria for you! ...and at the end of the day, it's really just an extra 7 bucks per tank.

I've also been told by those in the know that the LRP is nothing flash. Save it for the lawnmower, and give the premium unleadeds a go. Sure it's the dearest pump at the servo.. but I guess our fuel prices are a fact of life - and I for one am not giving up driving what I want to drive. ...just means you have to dig a little deeper into the wallet when you fill up. ...and it's funny to see the expressions on the faces of the WRX-jockeys when a rough-as-guts black XB ute pulls up to the bowser next to them!
Wrinkles

LRP

Postby DEATHMFP » Mon Jul 29, 2002 12:13 pm

lrp sucks who cares about the environment it sucks anyway we should run the hippies down and spin our wheels on their heads ahahahaahahaahahahahaahahahahaahahaahahahahaahahahahaahahaahahahahaahahahahaahahaahahahahaah
"IM A FUEL INJECTED SUICIDE MACHINE" THE SCAG AND HIS FLOOZY THERE GUNNA DIE""WHEN DO GO FOR A RIDE YEEAHERHAHAHA"
DEATHMFP

Return to Film Cars and Replica Cars