Other MFP cars

Like the name says...

Other MFP cars

Postby MFP559 » Wed Jul 24, 2002 4:54 pm

In the underground carpark, Goose and Max walk past quite a few other MFP pursuit & interceptor sedans on their way to meet Squeezer and the blown beast. Does anybody know what became of these cars?

I don't think it was just the well- known 3 cars from the opening chase combined with some automotive shuffling and some careful editing because there is quite clearly an XA with what appears to be an L88 bonnet scoop on it.

"As long as the paperwork's clean, you fellas can do what you like out there!"
MFP559

Other MFP cars

Postby roadwarriormfp » Fri Jul 26, 2002 11:32 am

The XA with the L88 scoop is March Hares car.

If you look closely at when Roop and Charlie spin out at the intersection March Hares XA passes in front of them... you can see the scoop there.. The car also had the front spoiler as well... which is missing later in the chase after they run over the spilled paint tins from the bongo van....

We are 100% snafu....
roadwarriormfp

Other MFP cars

Postby MFP1 » Fri Jul 26, 2002 6:29 pm

Any Idea what that other stuff is... Looks like an airplane, or jet dragster, and other junk besides the 3 yellow the "Knightriders Monaro" and the black.
"We'll see you on the road scag, We'll see you like we saw the nightrider!!!", "Perhaps its a result of anxiety...." MFP1
MFP1

Other MFP cars

Postby Interdictor » Fri Jul 26, 2002 9:14 pm

I always found it interesting that when we see the Monaro in the garage, It's all clean & UNDENTED. when we first see it in the chase it already has "battle damage" I wonder, did the crew just wail on it a little before the cameras rolled, or is there some "lost" footage out there?
Back from the dead!
Interdictor

Other MFP cars

Postby MFP559 » Sat Jul 27, 2002 6:08 am

Thanx 4 that, will check when DVD arrives in sept, will also look 4 monaro- hadn't spotted that there b4.

Knowing what stunties are like, they probably took it & some $50 wreck out & had some fun!
"As long as the paperwork's clean, you fellas can do what you like out there!"
MFP559

Other MFP cars

Postby Interdictor » Sat Jul 27, 2002 6:32 am

The Monaro also has two blue roof lights when seen in the garage. (Obviously the MFP has more than one Monaro in it's fleet.) I've never heard anyone with info on the "Jetcar", perhaps this was an impounded vehicle as it seems a little over the top, even for a police force issuing 600bhp blown Interceptors to it's officers.
Back from the dead!
Interdictor

Other MFP cars

Postby Dave_H » Sun Jul 28, 2002 4:04 am

Im guessing the jet car is meant to be another eccentric little project for the mechanic.
Dave_H

Other MFP cars

Postby Interdictor » Sun Jul 28, 2002 4:33 am

I lied, the Monaro has RED and blue roof lights in the garage....
Back from the dead!
Interdictor

Return to Film Cars and Replica Cars