Mad Max style vehicle w/ dance cage needs your help!

Like the name says...

Mad Max style vehicle w/ dance cage needs your help!

Postby Tetanus » Sat Aug 18, 2012 9:02 am

Hello fellow fan cult!

I'm Sean, the lead designer and project manager for a community art project. Over here in little old Santa Ana, CA. A group of talented artists, craftsmen, and creatives are working on a mutant vehicle and we need your help!

The project is code named: Char-O-Lot. We are turning my truck, Charlotte, into a post-apocalyptic bounty hunter vehicle. The main feature of the vehicle is a dance cage mounted over the hood of the vehicle. The cage is a network of steel rod, welded together, to create a spider web enclosing the dancer. It will also have a nice protected observation platform, kind of like a crows nest, over the cab of the truck. Out the back we will have a dual function turret that will spit fire and water. There will be many places for passengers including running boards on the sides to you can hang on as we roll on. The styling is very aggressive, Humungous eat your heart out!

I hope you all like it, we'd love to hear what you think and hope you can help us manifest the design into reality.

This year we are taking it out to http://www.WastelandWeekend.com this year and Burning Man next year. We wont stop there though, this thing will tour different parties, festivals, parades, and conventions for years to come!

We are short on materials and resources to complete the project so we created a kickstarter fundraiser. In return for your contribution we have some cool swag and other great incentives.

Please check out our kickstarter and watch the video to see more about the project and how you can help.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/sea ... ptic-mutan

Thank you from GANGrene!
(the group working on this awesome project)
Tetanus

Re: Mad Max style vehicle w/ dance cage needs your help!

Postby toecutter » Sat Aug 18, 2012 8:44 pm

KMN
'Perhaps its a result of an anxiety'
toecutter

Postby Tetanus » Sat Aug 18, 2012 10:15 pm

Kill Me Now? How does that apply to this? Is that a good KMN or a bad KMN?
Tetanus

Postby NuffTorque » Sun Aug 19, 2012 2:21 pm

Thats one of those magic pictures... If you stare at it for more than an hour, you will eventually see a car appear under the girl....
"Course I'm going on, Shut up, Peoples lives are in peril..."
NuffTorque

Postby toecutter » Sun Aug 19, 2012 8:52 pm

Hey man ive got a great idea (takes long drag of joint) you know that mad max film ? well why dont we weld A DANCE CAGE ON THE BONNET OF AN OLD TRUCK!!!

(everyone slaps each other on back and passes joint around...)
'Perhaps its a result of an anxiety'
toecutter

Postby aussie muscle » Sun Aug 19, 2012 9:43 pm

toecutter wrote:Hey man ive got a great idea (takes long drag of joint) you know that mad max film ? well why dont we weld A DANCE CAGE ON THE BONNET OF AN OLD TRUCK!!!

(everyone slaps each other on back and passes joint around...)

:yesnod

fwiw, i'd make sure the floor of the cage is feet friendly, hard to dance on bleeding feet.

wouldn't it be less distracting to the driver if the cage was on the back? (i know i'd have a hard time driving looking up girl's skirts)

a more max max inspired build would be to have a "person platform" welded to the front aka humungous. (just make it safer eg a clamp at belt level to hang on to).

a turret that spits fire and water. so you can put out anyone you accidentally light up? i'd ditch it as it's too over-the-top.
aussie muscle

Postby Chase Bansi » Mon Aug 20, 2012 6:13 am

While I have to admire anyone with the skill to weld and build on a vehicle, I am left scratching my head.
Tetanus wrote:... post-apocalyptic bounty hunter vehicle. The main feature of the vehicle is a dance cage mounted over the hood of the vehicle.

What does a dance cage have to do with bounty hunting? While your concept sound like quite a parade truck, it seems to lack any thought out practicality. Mad Max vehicles are built for survival, form follows function. What you are building may fit in at Burning Man, but it doesn't really fit into the Mad Max universe as we know it (but that may change with the new movie).

No matter where you go, there you are MFP 5863
Chase Bansi

Postby .MAD MAX. » Tue Aug 21, 2012 5:53 am

............still can't see the car

.MAD MAX.

Postby Chase Bansi » Tue Aug 21, 2012 8:45 am

No disrespect intended for the young lady, she is attractive and her pose is quite alluring...
BUT:
NuffTorque wrote:Thats one of those magic pictures... If you stare at it for more than an hour, you will eventually see a car appear under the girl....

.MAD MAX. wrote:............still can't see the car

you guys need to get out more. Or you've been married too long :P

No matter where you go, there you are MFP 5863
Chase Bansi

Postby NuffTorque » Tue Aug 21, 2012 2:57 pm

Chase Bansi wrote:No disrespect intended for the young lady, she is attractive and her pose is quite alluring...
BUT:
NuffTorque wrote:Thats one of those magic pictures... If you stare at it for more than an hour, you will eventually see a car appear under the girl....

.MAD MAX. wrote:............still can't see the car

you guys need to get out more. Or you've been married too long :P

*hangs head in shame, "yep, I gotta get out more...."
"Course I'm going on, Shut up, Peoples lives are in peril..."
NuffTorque

Next

Return to Film Cars and Replica Cars