bodykits

Like the name says...

bodykits

Postby perana » Tue Jul 02, 2002 7:51 am

Can anyone provide confirmation of the existence of Original arcadiaplane concorde nosecones in AustraliaImage
Hey Fella .....You're A Turkey .....You Know That
perana

bodykits

Postby Peter Barton » Tue Jul 02, 2002 1:33 pm

I gather you are trying to obtain an actual original Arcadipane front, from the original manufacturer? Unfortunately if that's what you're after, your only hope is to find one in the second hand market. I did confirm directly with Peter Arcadipane some time back that he finished manufacturing all these parts long ago, and the original moulds were also destroyed. This is not to say that you won't get lucky, I know that original fronts have turned up, but they're hard to find.

If you decide to settle for a copied front, there are at least 3 or 4 people making those now in varying styles and qualities, and most of that info can be found in the "Building a Replica" sections. There are also plenty of people around on this forum and other related forums (check the links page) that can help you out with additional info.
Peter Barton
Site Admin

bodykits

Postby MFP559 » Wed Jul 24, 2002 3:06 pm

New to the (brilliant) site- in fact, new to the net. Anyhow, I've just started up a new fibreglass business in Padstow (Sydney), and have also been building an MFP pursuit car similar to Big Bopper. It seems there is quite some demand for MFP replica bodykits, but very few suppliers prepared to reproduce them. If there's anyone out there with accurate components I would love to get some measurements.

Obviously I don't expect anyone to offer their panels to take moulds of, which is why I ask only for measurements, although if anyone is game enough, the moulding process will not affect well-prepared & applied 2-pak paint, or raw gel-coat. Acrylic, on the other hand...

My pursuit replica isn't intended to be a replica of Big Bopper, rather just another MFP pursuit car.

"As long as the paperwork's clean, you fellas can do what you like out there!"
MFP559

bodykits

Postby MFP559 » Wed Jul 24, 2002 3:49 pm

D'oh! Tried to tab down, somehow posted incomplete reply instead.

The roof spoiler I did about a year ago. It's an XC Cobra rear bob-tail cut & shut. It took 3 days, around 4 kilos of bog and a helluvalot of sanding (best part of 3 days, actually!). The front air dam (a.k.a. spoiler) is also sourced from XC Cobra and still requires some modification. The rear flares are on, the fronts are awaiting paint.

If there's enough interest in MFP replica bodykits, I'll certainly look at making some moulds and producing kits for sedans and coupes.

Please e-mail me at mailto:highwaybruiser@hotmail.com if you can help. I'm keen to see as many MFP cars on the road as possible!!!
"As long as the paperwork's clean, you fellas can do what you like out there!"
MFP559

bodykits

Postby Interdictor » Wed Jul 24, 2002 8:04 pm

There's always intrest. a bodykit for the sedans is especially lacking currently.
Back from the dead!
Interdictor

bodykits

Postby cobra » Tue Jul 30, 2002 3:42 pm

Hello, we have an original nose cone cone here, it had been in a severe accidant and required some work to bring it up to shape, then a mould was taken from it.

mailto:ghodgson@bigpond.com

regards Grant

cobra

Return to Film Cars and Replica Cars