The 75 Chevy

Vehicle models, character models, commercial kits, custom kits, and so on.

The 75 Chevy

Postby Interdictor » Wed Jun 06, 2012 9:02 pm

This one is a bit different, using Tamiya's (also exellent, also recently re-released)
Mitsubishi Montero kit. It also features a fully functional 4 wheel suspension, (IFS this time) and steering wheels.
It is a bit hard to tell, but it is actually a 1975 K-5 Blazer, not a pickup.
This one has a TON of work in it actually. Extensive rustwork and body damage. The doors were carefully cut from the body
and from the inner interior tub. Then, I had to fill the spaces between (the door sills and jambs).
The roof has actually been cut to the windshield to simulate the full convertable version of the Blazer, then tube structure
was utilized to build a roof back on.
Scratchbuilt seat frames, grillework, rear floor and wheelwells. Made a tiny bracket bolted to the fender to hold it in place, handbuilt toggle switches, removed gauges and vents from the dash, and added heaterbox and hanging ductwork. Hollowed out the steering wheel to simulate a missing horn pad, added a blockoff plate for the T-case lever as the truck has been converted to 2wd. Engine is fully detailed and wired, and as always, the firing order is correct. 8-)
Etc etc....
Back from the dead!
Interdictor

Re: The 75 Chevy

Postby Zarana-X » Sat Jun 09, 2012 4:43 am

Excellent. I think i have that same pile-o-duffel bags, but havn't utilized it yet.
"In order to create, you have to destroy"
https://www.facebook.com/ZaranaX
http://wastelandweekend.com/
Zarana-X

Postby Interdictor » Sat Jun 09, 2012 5:52 am

1/35 scale duffels, that's them. I try not to use much 1/35 stuff, it (obviously) never looks right,
But those are ambiguous enough that a bag is a bag. Scale is less dramatic.
Likewise, that is a 1/35 50gal can, but it could also be a 1/24 25gal can. (as I hope to simulate, anyway.)

With so many of these builds now, it is becoming one of my biggest challenges just finding more "stuff"
to accessorize them all. :lol:
Back from the dead!
Interdictor

Postby aussie muscle » Thu Jun 28, 2012 8:02 pm

That looks a lot more feral than your other cars. is that a flame job i see under all that rust/dust? it reminds me of a demo derby car with those headers going straight up.
aussie muscle

Postby Interdictor » Thu Jun 28, 2012 11:37 pm

Yes, she had a nice flame job.....about 15 years ago... LOL.
This is actually the third iteration of this one. (having entirely re-built it twice.)
First built about 15 years ago, then re-built it, doing a lot of custom work to it, but was underwhelmed with it.
Then I really had at it; I weathered the life out of it, cut the doors out, ( I cut a hell of a lot away from this kit, actually )
I tore all the cage work off and re built it all, tore out the rear floor and scratchbuilt the floor and wheelwells.
(I made the wheel wells out of the heavy paper from a pack of cigarettes, then very carefully burning holes in the paper to simulate rust-thru. The first time I have used this approach, and it worked very well.)

And I still have vehicles I haven't posted yet..... :mrgreen:
Back from the dead!
Interdictor

Postby Zarana-X » Fri Jun 29, 2012 9:44 am

At least I'm not the only one who re-re-re-builds their models. :lol:
I think I drove Humvee Driver nuts with my multiple updates of the same car, but he hasn't complained.
"In order to create, you have to destroy"
https://www.facebook.com/ZaranaX
http://wastelandweekend.com/
Zarana-X

Return to Models and Modelling