Because even a marauder needs a home.

Vehicle models, character models, commercial kits, custom kits, and so on.

Because even a marauder needs a home.

Postby Interdictor » Fri Jun 08, 2012 3:26 am

Well, it's true. Sleeping on the ground gets old, and this is my Post apocalyptic wanderer's home away from home.
1977 Dodge Power Wagon.
Features an AMT 360cid mill, an AMT Dodge cab and a Model King re-issue camper on Tamiya's Land Cruiser chassis that I love so much. (See how versatile it is?)
As such it has fully working suspension and steerable wheels.
Some minor damage, fully wired and plumbed engine compartment, handmade toggle switches,
It's kinda hard to see because I'm a lousy photographer, but there are keys in the ignition!
custom dually wheels.
(this actually requires a lot of work, as the wheels for this kit use a unique peg style mounting, and they must be made to look realistic, yet still maintain the original integrity...they are a bit fragile. The front wheels are what the duallys looked like "before".)

The Gold Engine is the "Best Automotive Finish" (paint) award from the Region-10 2009 IPMS show.
I actually had more than one person commend me and state that it was the first time they had ever seen the award given to a "non-shiny" car model. :P Was a real honor considering this one was really just done for a giggle.

Last edited by Interdictor on Thu Jun 28, 2012 11:58 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Back from the dead!
Interdictor

Re: Because even a marauder needs a home.

Postby seriz » Fri Jun 08, 2012 3:27 am

great !
seriz

Postby Interdictor » Sat Jun 09, 2012 6:15 am

Thank you very much.
This is one of my favorites. It just makes me smile.
I would LOVE to have an old 70s era Winnebago to build. Maxed out, of course.
I don't think anyone has even made a resin one. Probably not the most requested subject matter! lol
Back from the dead!
Interdictor

Postby the armourer » Fri Jun 15, 2012 11:53 am

WOW! what detail. I could even make out the keys in the ignition. That's cool.

Oh, by the way, the engine is not a 440cid, but a small-block. The rear-mounted distributor is a dead giveaway. I'm a Mopar guy, I tend to notice these things. :D
"There are over 550 million smallarms in worldwide circulation. That's one weapon for every 12 people on the planet. The only question is: How do we arm the other 11?"

"The Teutonic reputation for brutality is well founded. Their operas last for 3 or 4 days and they have no word for 'fluffy'."
the armourer

Location: Up to my elbows in a '69 Dodge, getting ready for a wastelands run....

Postby Interdictor » Fri Jun 15, 2012 9:18 pm

Thanks. Good catch! It is in fact a 360. (I edited my initial post to correct this.) I was in a posting frenzy and was thinking about the Salvage truck with the hoist, which does sport a 440. :)

Also a Mopar guy here. (who says the '64 GTO was the first musclecar!? It was the '55 Chrysler 300. By '56 you could option it up to 355hp! )
Growing up, dad had a '62 Savoy Super Stock clone that he was building in the garage.
I had a '66 Newport 2dr Hardtop back in my early 20's, and my sister has a '70 Satellite R/R clone, 440/727.
I love 'em, but good ones cost a fortune, and trim parts are like hens teeth. And I tend to like the rare/obscure stuff, especially the early 60s models.
So... right now my Chrysler is actually a Mercedes, and my hot rod is a Ford. :roll:
Oh, well.
Back from the dead!
Interdictor

Postby aussie muscle » Thu Jun 28, 2012 7:55 pm

hmm, looks like a good way to exist after the war! It doesn't look like the sort of thing the Marauders would drive, more likely survivalists that the Marauders would go after (which is why it has a 360, right?)

Interdictor wrote:(who says the '64 GTO was the first musclecar!? It was the '55 Chrysler 300. By '56 you could option it up to 355hp! )

because, unlike the GTO, the 300 was an all out luxury car, not a low priced, stripped down, street racer.
aussie muscle

Postby Interdictor » Thu Jun 28, 2012 11:09 pm

I picture it more as something that would stay behind at "camp". A mobile alternative to a tent for the leader.
The Smegma Crazies can sleep on the ground. The Humongous deserves a bed. :lol:

because, unlike the GTO, the 300 was an all out luxury car, not a low priced, stripped down, street racer.

Actually, the Imperial was Chrysler's all out luxury car. I still contend the 300 was the first muscle car. Chrysler did something new and different in '55 with the 300. Marketing a performance sedan. (300 referring to it's HP rating.)
Chevy had it's new small block, but only offered a performance minded variant in the ' Vette. They didn't put FI in a full line car till '57.
There were lots of highly optioned "muscle cars"; Buick GNXs and Olds 442s for example.
Even the GTO itself had more standard features than a base Le Mans. It was hardly stripped down.
But even staying Pontiac there was the 1962 Catalina SuperDuty 421.....
Then there were the '62 ram-induction 413 Super Stocks from Dodge and Plymouth, Ford had the 427 Thunderbolt in '64,...
Now those were stripped down racers. (and those would all walk a '64 GTO.)
But the GTO gets all the credit. An awesome car, just not the first to do what it did......IMO. ;)
Back from the dead!
Interdictor

Postby rockatansky4073 » Sat Jul 07, 2012 11:00 pm

You should paint EARTH on the door, dude - make MAD MAX fans knod and say "i get it" 8-)
FRIENDS DON'T LET FRIENDS DOWNLOAD FURY ROAD!
rockatansky4073

Return to Models and Modelling