Commendations

Back 2 The Max - Little River, 10 - 12 October 2008 (and formerly Broken Hill, July 12-14 2002)

Commendations

Postby Dave_H » Wed Jul 17, 2002 2:16 am

I finally got home from Broken Hill last night, back to the city, to my normal life. In the silence, I let the recall of the last week's experiences hit me, and just quietly sat and thought for a while...

In short, what an amazing time! I will never forget it. It was a different world out there, everyday meeting great and friendly people who thought like me about the movies, visiting the sites, finding out new and amazing info. The two best moments were when the club stopped in awe and cheering as all the max costumers and fans got a big photo taken. Also when Kim Noyce was being interviewed on stage. He seemed stunned and emotional that so many people would be there to be a part of it and see people like him.

The whole Mad Max thing is so much bigger than any one character, actor, person or movie. This last weekend has proven to me that largely through the unseen work of some very dedicated people (such as Scott, Peter etc), we've transcended that. To those people, congratulations, at the end of it all, you should be bloody proud of your work!

To all the organisers, maintainers, cast, crew and fans I met over the weekend, my greatest thanks for the effort everyone has put in and the way you made it great.

Damn then! we gave them back their heroes!!!

Dave_H

Commendations

Postby DaFax » Wed Jul 17, 2002 2:59 am

Your right Dave H, that was a weird and wonderful moment when on Saturday night we were all up there in front of the stage in our MFP uniforms getting our photos taken, the whole pub came out to have a look, the placed seemed to just stop.

As you said many good moments adn times during a fantastic weekend - bring on the next one!

'" as long as the paperwork's clean, you boys can do what you like out there"
DaFax - XB Coupe
DaFax

Return to Back 2 The Max