Possible pictures of actual Fury Road vehicles

Discuss the facts, the rumours, plot ideas, merchandising ideas, whatever...

Re: Possible pictures of actual Fury Road vehicles

Postby kickherintheguts » Tue Jan 31, 2012 4:23 am

Daz wrote:
Shootfromthehip wrote:Hi, been watching a while but thought I could offer some words of wisdom for Daz.
Mate it may not have entered your head (although probably everyone else's) or occured to you why Kennedy-Miller-Mitchell never got back to you?

I don't know about you, but where I come from it is common curtsey to reply to people, even if it is with a form letter.
Much the same as when you apply for a job, you expect to get a 'thank you, but no' letter.
I'm not better than everyone else, nor do i think that. Had you meet me you'd know that, but sorry if my posts came across that way.
I'll not bother you again.

You're right Daz, it is common courtesy to reply and it does say a lot about Kennedy-Miller-Mitchell and their lack of PR and/or interaction with their fans.
kickherintheguts

Postby furyroadcars » Sun Feb 05, 2012 6:58 pm

Daz,

I can't answer for KMM but the only peice of infomation that I can offer than may help, is that during the time we were in Sydney the art dept had multiple people each week emailing and phoning to ask could they work on the film, people offering to sell/hire/lend/give us cars, asking could they buy parts that we weren't using offering to sell/hire/give us parts they thought we might want, asking could they buy cars or props after filming was done. So I don't think it's a case that they were trying to be rude and not answer or reply to you, it's just that you were not the only person trying to offer something. Also please keep in mind that essentially they were running a business and although fans were just trying to help or be involved it did take up valuable time and replying to each person may not have been viable either on time or financially. As the art dept office staff were all experience film industry staff they found it quite strange that so many people would want to go out of their way to offer cars/parts/labour, etc. Most films are done and finished before the public even know they were made, as MM has such a cult following (as this forum clearly displays), the situation were so many fans knew of the films production was unusual and wasn't something that they really had time to deal with in their day to day tasks.

Some calls were put thru to the prop buyers who then decided if the car/parts being offered were of use, but in most cases they weren't as there was a well planned design for each vehicle and what needed to be bought. Although someone may have been offering a very unique vehicle that would have fit into a post apocolyptic world, in most cases the need for such a vehicle was already filled or generally didn't fit exactly to the "look" required. Hence why almost every ascpet of each vehicle was all built in house. I can't divulge any further detail on that side of things. Other than to say should anyone else reading this be one of those people who offered a vehicle, don't take the rejection as a negative on your vehicle, it may just not have been exactly they needed. There was an exact number of vehicle required for each scene so buying extra cars just because they were well built or looked cool wasn't really an option.

Daz as for your offer for an extras roll, that was handled by a casting agency I believe so I'm unaware of how that side of things is worked. But again if your didn't get a reply I can only presume it was on the basis that I there would have been thousands of casual or aspiring actors offering to take any available parts, but I don't know how that all works and I don't even know if that had been dealt with before the decision to film elsewhere was made.

Cheers
Cam
furyroadcars

Postby MWFV8 » Mon Feb 06, 2012 6:31 am

Excellent explanation Cam
MWFV8

Postby mack tanker » Mon Feb 06, 2012 6:56 am

Sum's it up very well
Way to go Cam!
mack tanker

Postby Artemis Flow » Thu Feb 23, 2012 1:40 am

Surprised no one is discussing this

Also in the collection are several of Max's own pursuit vehicles, made to resemble the ''Interceptor'', a juiced-up Ford XB GT Falcon coupe driven in the original movie. The number of these vehicles suggests Max's car may again meet a fiery end, as it did in Mad Max 2: Road Warrior.

Read more: http://www.theage.com.au/entertainment/ ... z1nCEtdXJC
Artemis Flow

Postby Mad Max RW » Thu Feb 23, 2012 7:22 am

Because it already was more than a month ago.
"You wanna get out of here....you talk to me."
Mad Max RW

Postby biolumen » Sat Feb 25, 2012 3:51 pm

02/27/2012

Monster Wheels for Max's racetrack

Monsterwiele3.jpg
Monsterwiele3.jpg (27.51 KiB) Viewed 825 times

"Every day a woman came over with a bucket and a bowl. Got the day a little something in the back pocket to buy it. Or a few of us make a charge, buy wetland waste operations at a nearby slaughter house and the previous day's old Brötchen at major retailers around the corner. So we are waiting."

This sounds like an alternative script for the movie Mad Max 4 until after the winter in the Namib, in particular Dorobpark, will be filmed. The story by dozens of people in line for the old municipal building of Swakopmund sketched. Some of them have been waiting longer than two weeks. It just a temporary lifting for the fliekmakers get.

They tell almost all the job seekers an eye to the transport component of the Mad Max 4. Some of them have their own trucks, minibuses and other vehicles that they want to hire. Others again have licenses for the transport of normal cars, but even heavy cargo carriers. "We have the papers," one claimed.

In the same breath, there is also a favoritism by the employer hinted. So there is no such order in the ranks of hopeful candidates. From inside the building, the voice who stood next word to be. From the people who are called, are way down in the back row, one man said that these days has a turn wait.

About ablutions are claiming a "small cubicle" is for the rystaners on the premises of the old municipal building constructed. Almost across the board is denying that they are waiting as byspelers be taken up. "No, extras turn comes later. Then you see the crowd. What you see here is nothing. "

About the woman with the bucket and the bucket was told that she cooked potatoes with a sauce and vetkoek the people in line sale. The bucket is again a traditional cocktail of fruit and milk. "Not Tombo not."

An allegation that Mad Max 4 basically at three locations to be filmed, was greeted with fierce denials. It's not just the environment of Cape Cross, Goanikontes and behind the dune bank between Swakopmund and Walvis Bay not. "It's rather 18 different places," a woman said. "Do you think the film quite a racetrack in the desert to build the scenes filmed?"

Then they wait on.

http://www.republikein.com.na/politiek- ... 143513.php

Translation is difficult to understand. The gist, I guess, is that the people waiting in line are looking for work behind the scenes, mainly transportation and such. "Extras come later". Also, it's mentioned by someone (who?) that filming will take place in "18 different places". I'm not sure what else to make of the article.

Could this also be an opportune time for Peter to replace the picture of those Interceptor "concept cars" I'm sick of looking at on the front page? ;)
biolumen

Postby biolumen » Wed Feb 29, 2012 8:53 am

Again, an article in Afrikaan translated via Google
29/02/2012

Mal mounts in the desert

RYGOED3.jpg
RYGOED3.jpg (19.83 KiB) Viewed 741 times

From Mad Max 4's mounts in the Namib. From the monstrous vehicles for the film by an Australian company on Thursday the route behind the duinegordel, then the eastern bypass at Swakopmund and then Hentiesbaai direction followed. A presumption is that the well on the way to Cape Cross where the filming will be done. According to the motorist of the greats at about 70 km / h on the road moving. Part of the convoy was this vehicle with many wheels. In another photo, a special padreus with four exhaust pipes and according to a witness by a person is driving. The film was at a stop at the railway just outside Swakopmund on their horse when bystanders tried to take photos. It is apparently not tolerated. Yet a reader of this Republican lap swallowed.

RYGOED2-3.jpg
RYGOED2-3.jpg (22.12 KiB) Viewed 741 times

http://www.republikein.com.na/politiek- ... 143786.php

Are those pneumatic gun mounts?

I find it curious that of the 100+ vehicles in the movie, we're repeatedly seeing the same few (tanker w/small trailer and Mercedes on truck frame), as if they want us to see these.
biolumen

Postby Nightwalker » Wed Feb 29, 2012 9:35 am

I corrected some Dutch like words that didn't got translated:

From Mad Max 4's mounts in the Namib. From the monstrous vehicles for the film by an Australian company on Thursday the route behind the dune belt, then the eastern bypass at Swakopmund and then Hentiesbaai direction followed. A presumption is that the well on the way to Cape Cross where the filming will be done. According to the motorist of the greats at about 70 km / h on the road moving. Part of the convoy was this vehicle with many wheels. In another photo, a special road giant with four exhaust pipes and according to a witness by a person is driving. The film was at a stop at the railway just outside Swakopmund on their horse when bystanders tried to take photos. It is apparently not tolerated. Yet a reader of this Republican lap swallowed.
"UNDERSTEER" is when you hit the fence with the front of the car.
"OVERSTEER" is when you hit the fence with the rear of the car.
"HORSEPOWER" is how fast you hit the fence.
"TORQUE" is how far you take the fence with you.
Nightwalker

Postby Peter Barton » Wed Feb 29, 2012 4:32 pm

biolumen wrote:Could this also be an opportune time for Peter to replace the picture of those Interceptor "concept cars" I'm sick of looking at on the front page?

OK, I'll take the hint :) I'll try to replace them in the next few days - yes, they have been there too long! Someone will just have to wrench me off Mass Effect 3 for a bit :)

biolumen wrote:I find it curious that of the 100+ vehicles in the movie, we're repeatedly seeing the same few (tanker w/small trailer and Mercedes on truck frame), as if they want us to see these.

Part of the reason might be that these seem to be larger vehicles - harder to cover up or transport without being seen. I expect a lot of the other vehicles would probably fit inside containers, and are more easily stored / hidden until they get to the filming location. The pic of the mercedes looks like it is at port, being unloaded off a boat. The article does imply that they were unhappy with photos being taken - although difficult to stop people if they're in the open like that.
Peter Barton
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to Mad Max 4 - Fury Road