Future Reunions?

Back 2 The Max - Little River, 10 - 12 October 2008 (and formerly Broken Hill, July 12-14 2002)

Future Reunions?

Postby skan » Mon Jul 15, 2002 6:06 am

Hi to all,

I hope you all had a fantastic time...it sounds like it was very memorable.

Ever since I saw MM2 for the first time back in the early eighties, I have wanted to visit the locations of this amazing movie .I had no idea that official events were ever organised like this until a couple of months ago. When I found out I couldn't believe my luck and immediately booked my accommodation, travel e.t.c....unfortunately a week before I had planned to leave Melbourne I injured my back (can you believe it???)and was unable to attend.Sufffice to say I am disappointed that I couldn't be there with you all to share the magic...best I could do was to hire the movies out on the Saturday.

Oh well, I guess (hope) there may be another reunion in the future? Maybe after MM4 is released??

By the way, how often have these events been held in the past?

Also, I think NELSON mentioned he was recording video footage of the event...if you're out there and are reading this I would really appreciate a copy of whatever you taped...I'm happy to send you a tape and pay you whatever you think is fair. My email is mailto:skanmusik@iprimus.com.au.

Did anyone see any TV stations there doing any recording? I think there was a segment on the Today show last month...wondering if they were back there for the actual event?

Cheers all, once again hope you all had a great time.

Skan
skan

Future Reunions?

Postby nelson » Mon Jul 15, 2002 6:39 am

Hi Skan, the event was recorded professional and they shot some awesome footage. I am sure the details will be released soon. Stay tuned
nelson

Future Reunions?

Postby DaFax » Mon Jul 15, 2002 10:11 am

Hey Skan, you missed a great weekend - I though I was strange until going to back2themax - where I found out thats there are lots and lots of Mad Max nuts like me!

We covered all the locations and events and have lots and lots of footage we are putting together - will notify when ready.

See you at the next one!
DaFax - XB Coupe
DaFax

Future Reunions?

Postby Motar » Thu Jul 18, 2002 8:21 pm

I am gravely disapointed!I really wanted to be there but i didn,t have the $$$$$,Skan let,s hope the will be more reunions like this for blokes like uss right.There has to be a next one ,or else i will make sure there is.Image
"I am gravely disappointed,again you have made me unleash my dogs of war"
Motar

Future Reunions?

Postby Peter Barton » Fri Jul 19, 2002 12:59 am

Based on the turnout, and the feedback so far, I'd say there will almost certainly be another reunion sometime in the future. Don't underestimate the amount of time and effort it took to get all this together though. Scott and Ian did an unbelievable amount of work on this, it probably took almost 2 years for all this to come together, and they had to overcome a lot of hurdles and non-believers along the way. Of course any subsequent events should now come together a little more easily, and hopefully with a little more help than just these 2 guys doing all the work again. There was some talk of aiming for Broken Hill again in 2004, and others have suggested the possibility of a get together centred around the original Mad Max. Just wait and see what happens I guess...
Peter Barton
Site Admin

Return to Back 2 The Max