Hill FM Radio Coverage

Back 2 The Max - Little River, 10 - 12 October 2008 (and formerly Broken Hill, July 12-14 2002)

Hill FM Radio Coverage

Postby Hill FM DJ » Mon Jul 08, 2002 2:01 pm

Just to let anyone know.....

I am Programme Manager of the Local Commercial Radio Station in Broken Hill....I am also presenter of the Big Breakfast from 6am to 9am, we are sponsoring the weekend and assisting in promoting the event locally. This Friday morning from 8 am Emil Minty will co host the show, playing some of his favourite music and chatting about the things he fondly remembers about Mad Max 2.

I am a huge Mad Max fan... and can rattle the dialogue from the movie off almost word perfect.... (not that there was a lot of it i guess) .... looking forward to a huge weekend of cars and stars.....

I will also be broadcasting a list of the sites of interest where filming took place... there is a number of locations worth seeing, some on private property these days but if people are sensible about it all then access to the sites will not be a problem, so if you have never been to Broken Hill it will assist you in getting around and maybe even turn into an "unplanned" MAD MAX SITE SUPERCRUISE....... here's hoping......

If you are in town and would like to share your Mad Max stories on air, maybe even if just to promote your replica car in town, or to say a Gday to friends, simply drop me an email with contact details to mailto:radioozNOSPAM@hotmail.com obviously without the NOSPAM.

We will be featuring snippetts of the movie on air all weekend, so while in town make sure you listen in to Broken Hill's Hit Music Station 106.9 Hill FM
Hill FM DJ

Hill FM Radio Coverage

Postby Wrinkles » Mon Jul 08, 2002 9:19 pm

In case you hadn't noticed, plans are already well underway for a site cruise...

what you COULD do for all the fans is make it a "No-Britney-Shakira-Sclub7-dancy-wanky-soft pop Weekend" ......load up on the Zep, ACDC, Sabbath, etc - just anything with some guts!
Wrinkles

Hill FM Radio Coverage

Postby Dave_H » Tue Jul 09, 2002 12:21 am

I guess its inevitable that commercial interests will to be involved in these sorts of things. Even if they are run by well meaning fans. My own personal opinion is that we're all there to have a good time. If used properly, a radio station could be a great help to all the tourists who have come in and are a bit unsure about things.

As one of many out of town fans/tourists who are going there and will want to meet up with people, a radio station would be helpfull if it advised on such things as the location of the tourist centre, good nightlife, Internet connections, Banks, Restarants, places to meet, and yes helpfull tips on site locations. Perhaps someone might ring up and say they personally were heading out to a site, and would like others to come?.

Just my 2 cents.
Dave_H

Hill FM Radio Coverage

Postby Wrinkles » Tue Jul 09, 2002 12:58 am

Sure Dave, good point. Don't get me wrong - I wasn't serious. I understand that any radio station has certain responsibilities with their playlist. Unfortunately, my weird sense of humour doesn't necessarily reflect too well in print!

... "Hill FM DJ", if you do have the chance to give a plug - the 'official' "unofficial" site visit will be leaving Excelsior Oval at (or about) 8am Saturday - all welcome.

Thanks.

....and yes everybody, "when I visit Broken Hill, I always make a point of tuning my radio to Broken Hill's hit music station - 106.9 Hill FM"

Wrinkles

Hill FM Radio Coverage

Postby SPROGO » Tue Jul 09, 2002 7:52 am

Nice one WRINKLES we have same sense of humour may give you a call tonight (THURSDAY) to say G/day and that
IT'S MY SNAKE I TRAINED IT I'LL EAT IT
SPROGO

Hill FM Radio Coverage

Postby Hill_FM_DJ » Tue Jul 09, 2002 11:58 am

A Britney free weekend.... now that is utopia .....

Dont worry we will be playing plenty of hot driving music this weekend....

Hill_FM_DJ

Hill FM Radio Coverage

Postby Hill_FM_DJ » Wed Jul 10, 2002 2:06 am

In response to DAVE H comments...

Bear in mind the local radio station has invested $5000 dollars into this event locally, without this kind of commercial support these events would never get off the ground.

As a local radio station just by listening you will hear about many places to stay, places to each, places to spend your money while you are in Broken Hill....

But I am sure you would have been aware of these facts before posting....
Hill_FM_DJ

Return to Back 2 The Max