Unofficial site visit

Back 2 The Max - Little River, 10 - 12 October 2008 (and formerly Broken Hill, July 12-14 2002)

Unofficial site visit

Postby Lindi » Fri Jul 05, 2002 12:59 pm

Dear Nelson and Wrinkles..................I would be more than happy to meet you on Friday arvo before you set off for your functions and point you in the right direction(s).

Let me know where to meet you and I'll be there.

The map that you have Wrinkles would do the trick nicely and yes.............Excelsior oval would be a good place for all you to meet on the Saturday, the Army Barracks is right next door so it's a good open area.

Bring lots of warm clothes.

local knowledge
Lindi

Unofficial site visit

Postby Wrinkles » Sat Jul 06, 2002 9:33 pm

Warm clothes? Damn! ...does that mean I won't be able to get around in my fishnet stockings and mini skirt? ....oh well, I guess it'll be jeans and a flanny then! (is there anything else?)

Lindi, I've really got no idea where I'll be and when on Friday arvo. I'm thinking the caravan park will be the first port of call when we hit town - but that should only be a matter of checking in, dropping our gear off, and then it'll be out onto the streets of BH to check things out and soak up the atmosphere.

Surely there'll be loads of like-minded petrol heads cruizin round, but catching up with specific individuals might prove difficult. (not knowing who's driving what - let alone what people look like) If you, Nelson, DaFax or anybody is wanting to get in touch, you might want to try my mobile - 0409 239 017.

......4 MORE SLEEPS!

Wrinkles

Unofficial site visit

Postby nelson » Sun Jul 07, 2002 3:26 am

Thanks for the offer Lindi, I am not sure where we will be Fri before the dinner
nelson

Unofficial site visit

Postby Wrinkles » Sun Jul 07, 2002 10:15 pm

Just a reminder to all, this "unofficial" site visit will officially be leaving Excelsior Oval as close as possible to 8am Saturday. Got a call from Lindi last nite (great to finally hear a voice from the forum) and she will be arranging a map for us with directions to specific locations - so that should be a great help. Lindi explained that we're going to be pushing it to see everything and still be back in time for the cinema. We really need to be aware of our time limits - and will quite possibly have to consider another "unofficial" site visit before or after Sunday's activities.

.....so if you've got "Bronze" blood running through your veins (of course you have! - or you wouldn't be reading this!) and we don't see you before hand, make a point of joining the journey of a lifetime... see you at Excelsior Oval, 8am, Saturday the 13th of July, 2002!

2 words come to mind about this whole weekend - "WOO HOO"!!!

.......3 MORE SLEEPS!
Wrinkles

Unofficial site visit

Postby Wrinkles » Mon Jul 08, 2002 6:11 am

Gary, I can't personally speak for the reputation of the Broken Hill cops, but usually it's the case with any event that brings good $$'s into a town's economy, they tend to be fairly realistic. If someone's doing something seriously wrong where they shouldn't be, they should expect to get nabbed. ...and rightly so if it has a negative effect on the event.

I would imagine a quick blip of the throttle or chirp of the tyres shouldn't cause any unnecessary attention - it's just the idiots that go full-noise where the public are around that can make the attitude turn. With the site visit being primarily out of town, perhaps the opportunity will arise to "let off some steam". (of course, not that anybody would suggest any such illegal activities!!)

You & your car have been to plenty of events before... I'm sure you know what you can and can't get away with. ...a car like yours is sure to get attention anywhere it goes. It's how you go about it that makes the difference. Most cops that I know would love seeing a blown Mustang cruizin around.

I'm involved in an annual car & bike show in Horsham, Vic.. and some reasonably strong cars have been known to 'give it a squirt' on the street, only to bring a big grin to Plod's face!

Wrinkles

Unofficial site visit

Postby Hill_FM_DJ » Tue Jul 09, 2002 11:56 am

Today I went out to the site of the Papagallo Compound which is located at The Pinnacles, which is west of the city on a gravel road... this area is private property and is fenced off these days, dunno how receptive to visitors the property owner is these days ... always remember courtesy is the best option, if a gate is closed it usually means NO ENTRY ... The Pinnacles themselves used to be easily accessed and are an easy climb to the spot where MAX ate DINKI DI dog food ... but again fences are now in place .. the site of compound is still reasonably easy to see after all these years .. (roads cut especially for the movie still exist) ... I just hope everyone gets to visit all the sites that were part of the movie and has a great experience this weekend.....
Hill_FM_DJ

Previous

Return to Back 2 The Max