mad max interceptor monza

Like the name says...

Postby me max » Fri Jun 28, 2002 4:50 am

Nelson,

The Advance spoilers kit does need a lot of work doing to it, but the price is great, for instance the Monza front is pretty good it dosen't need much modifications to it at all ,it just needs work on the sides and if you look at the price difference I think you will be way out in front with the Advanced kit. Gordon and Grant's kit is pretty spot on but they aim more towards the U.S market rather than Australia.If you want to look at my car with the Advanced kit on it let me know and I will arrange a time with you, I think you will be surprised as I am a real fussy bugger and I made sure the Modifications were spot on.

I am not trying to make you change your mine or anything I just giving you a few tips from a fellow fan who has just gone through the process of building a replica. In a nut shell if I used Gordon and Grant's kit my project would have costed $5000.00 more.
me max

Postby nelson » Fri Jun 28, 2002 5:01 am

I would love to see your car and have a chat . if you like you can email me at mailto:nelt123@ozemail.com.au
nelson

Postby AdrianUK » Fri Jun 28, 2002 6:57 pm

MFP1, until the blower arrives i'm unsure on the pully set up but i believe it is a simple motor to pully drive, as for the framework, i constructed this while the nosecone was attached but this was a very easy process using half inch box section, the main aim of this was to create strength and stability where the nose meets the hood and also to strengthen the bumper section of the nosecone. there is no set way of making this frame, it is really down to common sense but would be helpfull if you could get some photos from Me Max or any of the other guys who've made one, i think i have a not so very good photo of mine somewhere i'll dig it out and e-mail it to you.
AdrianBennett

AdrianUK

Postby MFP1 » Sat Jun 29, 2002 4:57 am

Adrian and MeMax,

Wow thanks for the helpful info! I would really be intrested in any pics or info you feel like sharing. feel free to e-mail me at mailto:ShockRock4Ever@aol.com with any photos, or additional thoughts. It does look like I have an advance spoilers kit, so I'll have to get the indicators and lenses, lightboxes, and headlight assy (from an XC?) I suppose. What do you need to do to mould the nosecone in to the car, and does the "modification" run all the way into the wheel arches?

MeMax, what part is the swingarm? I know I hve most of the parts coming, but I do want to Make sure I have all the parts before I go to town. I think I fully understand how your setup works, and my XA is originally a AC car (I need to get the pump and brckets), but I had thought that the blower would be run with a motor inside the blower....your idea sounds cool, does the AC still work?
"We'll see you on the road scag, We'll see you like we saw the nightrider!!!", "Perhaps its a result of anxiety...." MFP1
MFP1

Postby me max » Sat Jun 29, 2002 4:20 pm

MFP 1,

The swing arm has the idler pulley on it and can be adjusted to tension the belt. The AC is not were it should be I have made another bracket and mounted it to it and I have only used the front part of the AC with the electrcals and no pump, its to bulky and ugly. You can possibly run a motor inside the case but you will be restricted for room because of the Air filter.If you are going to use the same option as I have then all you need to do is get hold of a Ford AC and remove the back half of it and make a bracket and plate up. I will try and get hold of some pics for you.

- me max.
me max

Postby AdrianUK » Sat Jun 29, 2002 5:29 pm

MFP1,

the easiest way to figure out how everything fits is to tape all the kit / arches into place, then spend time studying what needs to be trimmed and where it will be fibreglassed and to what, use photos of the interceptor for reference.

i found with the advanced arches i had to narrow them by a good half to three quarters of an inch and remove a small flare at the rear of the arch, i found the side pieces a bit awkward to trim and fit so they looked right at first but plenty of perserverence and studying payed off. Right i'm off to find that photo for you.
AdrianBennett

AdrianUK

Postby nelson » Mon Jul 01, 2002 10:29 pm

Hey MFP1 have you seen the blower set up pictures at the madmaxreplicars2 yahoo group? There are some nice photos in the blower d.... folder, they may be of help or just for interest
nelson

Postby MFP1 » Tue Jul 02, 2002 1:17 am

Thanks everyone for the info! I havent gone over to the yahoo group yet, I guess I'd better check it out eh?

I will definately do my homework before cutting or modifying the FG parts. guess I will have to get the swingarm and ideler pully stuff along with what I have going now. Thanks for the AC/Blower info too, I would like to see pix of that too.

Nelson,

As far as making the conversion from XA top XB I will definately have to swap the guards and bonnett on the front, as well as the tail lights and other rear end stuff. Ill have to add the side flutes, and if I want to be exact change the door handels (or the whole door havent figured out which yet) maybe adrian can ell us what all Troy and Terry had to swap on your car?

How do I get to the yahoo group anyway?
"We'll see you on the road scag, We'll see you like we saw the nightrider!!!", "Perhaps its a result of anxiety...." MFP1
MFP1

Postby nelson » Tue Jul 02, 2002 4:07 am

Sorry i should have included the link, here it is. http://groups.yahoo.com/group/madmaxreplicacars2/ if for some reason it doesnt work go through the links page on this site. It has some great photos.
nelson

Postby MFP1 » Tue Jul 02, 2002 7:08 pm

Wow, that photo album does show the works!! thanks nelson, thats exactly what I wanted to see.
MFP1

PreviousNext

Return to Film Cars and Replica Cars