Dinner and Anniversary Party

Back 2 The Max - Little River, 10 - 12 October 2008 (and formerly Broken Hill, July 12-14 2002)

Postby Wrinkles » Mon Jul 01, 2002 1:20 am

Just wondering about the Friday and Saturday night activities. Anybody know if bookings are required for the introduction dinner or the anniversary party? if so, how do we go about making bookings? Is either event invite only ...or can we just rock up on the Friday night after the meal, for mindless chat and massive bourbon consumption??

.....and is it just me, or is everybody else counting down the days like a little kid at Christmas??

.....ONLY 10 MORE SLEEPS!!!!!!!!

Wrinkles

Postby nelson » Mon Jul 01, 2002 2:59 am

good question, what if there is a massive roll up on the night and the gangs have to take over the highways and dinner rooms..........sound familiar

How do we ensure there is room.
nelson

Postby Peter Barton » Mon Jul 01, 2002 3:03 am

I have just double checked, and for the Friday night, a booking is definitely recommended. All the club info can be found at http://www.musiciansclub.com.au/, their phone number is 08 8088 1777. All you need to do is give them a call and make a booking for the number of people in your group.

Without a booking for the Friday you could still get in, but depending on the turn out you may not get dinner. A booking is the best way to guarantee a spot.

For the Saturday it's obviously less formal and bookings shouldn't be an issue.

My apologies that this wasn't posted on the site, I'll make sure that is all updated to reflect this. I wasn't actually aware that we could make a booking until I just asked the question myself.
Peter Barton
Site Admin

Postby Dave_H » Mon Jul 01, 2002 4:49 am

I didnt realise it was only 10 days away... I think I'd better book some accomadation!

They say people dont believe in heros anymore, Well damn them!. For one long weekend... You and Me, we're gonna give them back our heros!.

I have next to no time at the moment but this is something Im counting the days to, getting my car ready, figuring out what I need to take etc. Just itching to get out of this office and out onto the highway and wide open spaces, into the forbidden zone...
Dave_H

Postby Peter Barton » Mon Jul 01, 2002 5:35 am

With accomodation, note that I found a good page that has a list of accomodation options in Broken Hill, http://www.wilmap.com.au/broken_hill.html. Obviously it doesn't rate them, but in conjunction with the tourist centre you should be able to sort out some good accomodation (or bad/cheap if you prefer!) pretty easily. All these resources are linked from the Accomodation page at http://www.back2themax.com.
Peter Barton
Site Admin

Postby DaFax » Sun Jul 07, 2002 1:11 pm

I know what you mean about ' just itchin' to get out of the office on the open road, I hope my 1974 original motor makes it! Gave it a tune-up last weekend, should make it...

' speeds just a question of money, how fast do you want to go?'
DaFax - XB Coupe
DaFax

Return to Back 2 The Max