Unofficial site visit

Back 2 The Max - Little River, 10 - 12 October 2008 (and formerly Broken Hill, July 12-14 2002)

Unofficial site visit

Postby nelson » Tue Jun 18, 2002 12:01 am

I just read the updated schedule of events and unfortunately the public liability drama has hit us, it was expected. Is any one interested in going to the sites together unofficially perhaps on Saturday morn.

I am sure we will all be making the pilgramage to the sites and it would be awesome to do it together without burdening the organisers with ridiculous insurance costs.

See you there

nelson

Unofficial site visit

Postby Wrinkles » Sat Jun 29, 2002 11:43 pm

Yeah, bloody oath I'm interested in visiting the sites. Never having been to Broken Hill before, I'm not going to miss an opportunity like this.

Maybe, "unofficially", we should set a tentative time & place to meet Sat morn. Do you know where the major sites are Nelson? If so, cool. If not, surely there'll be people that know their way around that'll join us. ....hint hint!

At this stage, I'd be prepared to make a suggestion that we meet at 9am Sat - at say, "Excelsior Oval". I don't know if this is a great spot to meet, (I'm just going by a map of Broken Hill) but it's on the road out to Silverton. ...could be a good place to start at least. So there ya go..... just a suggestion. let me know what your thoughts are.

Wrinkles

Unofficial site visit

Postby nelson » Sat Jun 29, 2002 11:47 pm

Hi wrinkles, hopefully we can organise something Friday night at the intro dinner. I am coming with six others in a tarago and will definately go to the sites, I am sure we wont be alone. Excelsior Oval is on at the moment. Remember we have to be back by 1pm for the screening and need to also go to the Silverton Pub, ah so much to do so little time, the pub might have to wait til Sun.
nelson

Unofficial site visit

Postby Wrinkles » Sun Jun 30, 2002 12:17 am

.....a Tarago hey? ....don't remember seeing one of those in the films!! just jokin' Nelson! You're right about having such little time. Maybe an earlier start would be better, but too early could prove to be a struggle after Friday night! I'm aiming to be in BH by around noon Friday. If you see an ugly fat bloke with a shaved head driving a black XB ute with black sunraysia rims, come and poke me in the guts and say g'day. ...we'll take it from there.

Wrinkles

Unofficial site visit

Postby nelson » Sun Jun 30, 2002 4:32 am

righto, we will be in BH about the samew time see ya there
nelson

Unofficial site visit

Postby Lindi » Sun Jun 30, 2002 1:37 pm

Hi Nelson and Wrinkles,

Do you have a map of the "Hill"...................let me know if not and I'll send you one.

Are you going to the Pinnacles?

local knowledge
Lindi

Unofficial site visit

Postby Wrinkles » Sun Jun 30, 2002 9:59 pm

Lindi, when I booked my accommodation (Lake View Caravan Park), they sent me a map of the town - looks like it's come from the visitor's information centre. It's quite detailed, but only covers BH itself. Once we leave the town limits, we'll be flying blind, so any local knowledge would be great. As far as the Pinnacles goes, I just want to see as much as possible in what little time we have, so if it's within reason, yeah, it'll definitely be on the list.

Do you know Excelsior Oval? ....is it a logical meeting place to start? ...and Nelson - (and anybody else reading this who's interested in joining our little journey) what do you think about an 8am start? Shouldn't be too much of a struggle... we might just have to behave ourselves Friday nite. ...but I can't really see that happening!
Wrinkles

Unofficial site visit

Postby nelson » Mon Jul 01, 2002 2:57 am

I am keen to start, or if the case maybe KEEP GOING its a once in a life time deal so you have go to suck it all up. Lindi if its easy to send a map that would be nice I havent got any particular maps on BH or better still can you come with us??? You have been part of the board for a while now, the more the merrier.
nelson

Unofficial site visit

Postby Dave_H » Mon Jul 01, 2002 8:30 am

The BH information centre provides a detailed map of town. I found most max sites with only this and the information on Peters MM2 locations page. Pinnacles to the west (pinnacles road) Silverton to the north east, Stephens creek to the north minindee to the south. Service stations , motels and hotels sell good regional maps with enough detail if you need them.

It was kind of fun in a way as you are sort of flying blind. Especially when you come over the crest on the mundi mundi plain lookout.

Im sure that even though it is an unoffical thing, a large bunch of people will probably go at one time, stay with them and it will be cool
Dave_H

Unofficial site visit

Postby DaFax » Fri Jul 05, 2002 8:24 am

Good call Wrinkles, sounds like Excelsior Ovel would as good a place to meet as any, as long as someone knows where the locations are! guess we will figure it our on the Friday night at the Muso's Club.

Looking forward ' to the gangs taking over the highways'

DaFax - XB Coupe
DaFax

Next

Return to Back 2 The Max