mad max interceptor monza

Like the name says...

Postby meat_popsical » Tue May 21, 2002 3:18 pm

A guy in Sydney is selling a monza nose on ebay, with pictures of it too. This would be very helpfull to a replica builder. Check it out by going to http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/ebayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1830927221&r=0&t=0

"You have just been executed by the excellence of execution." -Brett 'Hitman' Hart
meat_popsical

Postby meat_popsical » Tue May 21, 2002 3:27 pm

"You have just been executed by the excellence of execution." -Brett 'Hitman' Hart
meat_popsical

Postby nelson » Tue May 21, 2002 10:34 pm

Have a close look at the monza nose. It doesnt have light covers or indicators lights fitted and it doesnt appear to wrap around like the ones on Gordon Hayes site. The price will be heaps lover though.

Anyone know where it came from, advanced spoilers maybe???? The roof spoiler seems good.

nelson

Postby MFP1 » Wed Jun 05, 2002 12:17 am

Guess what? I happened to be the lucky one who got the nosecone!!! I will update everyone when I get it , just how cool it is or is not, and if I can find out any history you can bet you'll hear.
"We'll see you on the road scag, We'll see you like we saw the nightrider!!!", "Perhaps its a result of anxiety...." MFP1
MFP1

Postby MFP1 » Sun Jun 23, 2002 7:06 pm

OK the nosecone should be in in a few days or maybe a week!! More news soon!
"We'll see you on the road scag, We'll see you like we saw the nightrider!!!", "Perhaps its a result of anxiety...." MFP1
MFP1

Postby AdrianUK » Sun Jun 23, 2002 10:57 pm

In reply to NELSON,

the nosecone MFP1 has purchased looks identical to an advanced spoilers one, i found mine to be a good fit and good quality.

the lenses and indicators have to be purchased seperately and the two seperate pieces you see on the photo once fitted will give that wrap around effect, i imagine it is a lot easier to mould the nosecone and side pieces seperately.

i paid just short of $1000 AU for my monza front a year ago so if your anywhere below that you've done OK. good luck with the project.
AdrianBennett

AdrianUK

Postby MFP1 » Mon Jun 24, 2002 1:43 am

Adrian,

Thanks for the info.... I got mine for less than $700 with all shipping and related costs to me in Seattle , WA. This one has also supposedly been reinforced, but that remains to be seen. Looks like your replica is coming along nicely!! Keep up the good work!
MFP1

Postby AdrianUK » Mon Jun 24, 2002 7:59 pm

MFP1, you've got a real bargain, $700 all in is a steal.

if it has been reinforced it may cut down a lot of extra work, i had to build some steel framework for extra support once i'd fitted the nosecone to stop movement and add strengh, let us know what it's like when it arrives...........$700 all in ..........some people have all the luck.

just waiting for the blower, wheels and windscreen to arrive from advance spoilers and the interceptor is finished,waiting for updated photos to be developed to send to peter, don't have the luxury of a digital camera........spent all my money on the car
AdrianBennett

AdrianUK

Postby MFP1 » Tue Jun 25, 2002 1:22 am

You are geting the blower etc from advanced spoilesa as well? Does he have a cheap way of making them? How about the injector hat? And what is the deal with the wheels, I thought they were a fairly common van type spoked wheel.I sure have a lot to learn.
MFP1

Postby AdrianUK » Tue Jun 25, 2002 6:56 pm

The blower is coming complete with everything, the bad news....... i've waited over 12 months for it, i believe it is someone else who casts and builds them. The company in the UK that made the identical wheels to those in the film closed down a few years ago, so instead of trying to locate them over here with the correct size and offset and stud pattern i mentioned it to martin at advanced spoilers and he sorted them out without any problem but i don't think you'll have any problems locating them in the states.

i'll let you know what the blower is like when it arrives but i can tell you it wasn't cheap.
AdrianBennett

AdrianUK

Next

Return to Film Cars and Replica Cars