Visiting The "Wrecks"

Back 2 The Max - Little River, 10 - 12 October 2008 (and formerly Broken Hill, July 12-14 2002)

Visiting The "Wrecks"

Postby MFP1 » Mon Jun 24, 2002 1:39 am

I know that many , many of you going to the "Back to the Max" will be Visiting the area for the first time, and maybe the only time. I was wondering if anyone is planning on going to see the "Wrecks" at broken hill (ie the interceptor double and the cobra towtruck). Im hoping to connect with someone who will take detailed pics of the cobra trucks remains for the purposes of building an accurate replica. If anyone is, or if anyone stumbles on any other leftover vehicles from the movie (the "wrecks" cant be the only ones) Im sure that their would be many intrested people besides myself.
"We'll see you on the road scag, We'll see you like we saw the nightrider!!!", "Perhaps its a result of anxiety...." MFP1
MFP1

Visiting The "Wrecks"

Postby nelson » Mon Jun 24, 2002 2:25 am

I doubt we will be able to see the wrecks as the owner has them covered over and a fence around the area due to people stealing bits off them. Maybe they will be uncovered for this event, who knows. Apparantly the owner wants to set up a museum but with the movie 21 years old dont hold your breath
nelson

Visiting The "Wrecks"

Postby MFP1 » Tue Jun 25, 2002 1:19 am

I thought that a musieum would be totally cool too. Hopefully the owner will participate in the events somehow.... Do you know if he still allowes fans to vivit the wrecks at all?
"We'll see you on the road scag, We'll see you like we saw the nightrider!!!", "Perhaps its a result of anxiety...." MFP1
MFP1

Visiting The "Wrecks"

Postby nelson » Tue Jun 25, 2002 1:22 am

I can only go on what I saw on the welcome to where ever you are video and he didnt let them look at them for their production.
nelson

Visiting The "Wrecks"

Postby Motar » Tue Jun 25, 2002 9:18 am

Hmmm,because a bunch of stupid f*ckups have been steeling from the wreck,s we can,t look at themImageThere is always some one around to f**k things up for the others,but that,s life i reckon.I would be happy with a little rock from the compound site,even some sand,but other people want the entire car.Can,t have it al i always say.
"I am gravely disappointed,again you have made me unleash my dogs of war"
Motar

Return to Back 2 The Max