Possible pictures of actual Fury Road vehicles

Discuss the facts, the rumours, plot ideas, merchandising ideas, whatever...

Re: Possible pictures of actual Fury Road vehicles

Postby biolumen » Sun Sep 05, 2010 8:58 pm

Are you suggesting that the Caddy and the 4x4 are, in fact, the same vehicle? Or has this already been determined and I'm just late to the game? I can see in Pic4 (center right) where the front axle appears to be much closer to the ground compared to the rear axle. This would sort of jibe with what someone posted to another board back in April.

Went to the pub last night and got into a conversation with a bloke who said he was working on Mad Max 4. I thought he was full of it until he showed me some footage from his iphone that showed a metal finished xb coupe with a massive blower and jacked up rear end driving around what looked to be a parking lot.

I imagined what the "jacked up rear end" would look like, but jeez.
biolumen

Postby DetritusMaximus » Sun Sep 05, 2010 10:01 pm

I found this searching for more on the Caddy. Didn't find anything useful but I found this for you guys that like the '59:

http://www.extravaganzi.com/wild-cad-cu ... y-motorex/
Road Worrier
DetritusMaximus

Postby Yok_Rzeznic » Mon Sep 06, 2010 2:22 am

This is what I am imagining when I see the pics here, that's definitely. only two vehicles in those pictures.
I am not sure if I have misenterpreted anything, but are people not seeing the back of the Caddy on that huge axle?

If so, here is an art.
I took some imagination to what couldn't be seen in the pictures.

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=169019682217
Help a fan get into Fury Road, or just look at some pretty pictures...
Yok_Rzeznic

Postby Taipan » Mon Sep 06, 2010 2:37 am

i'd say that's pretty ok, though replacing those headlights with a tow crane would be perfect.
At last the Vermin had inherited the Earth
Taipan

Postby Yok_Rzeznic » Mon Sep 06, 2010 2:59 am

Taipan wrote:i'd say that's pretty ok, though replacing those headlights with a tow crane would be perfect.

Not sure if it looks right...
Yok_Rzeznic

Postby DetritusMaximus » Mon Sep 06, 2010 9:55 am

I'd say three vehicles, minimum. One tracked vehicle, and if you look at the chains/straps holding down the large axles, you can tell they are two different rear ends. It's anybody's guess as to which one might have the Caddy front. One of the large axles does have a Caddy rear bumper, but imagine the front to rear rake if it's the one with that 59 front end. Might look more Big Daddy Roth than Mad Max.
Might also be more than one Caddy, maybe the fron you see has a tracked rear?
Road Worrier
DetritusMaximus

Postby biolumen » Mon Sep 06, 2010 11:28 am

Yok_Rzeznic wrote:This is what I am imagining when I see the pics here, that's definitely. only two vehicles in those pictures.
I am not sure if I have misenterpreted anything, but are people not seeing the back of the Caddy on that huge axle?

Nah, I'm doing the misinterpreting. I failed to associate the Caddy with the huge 4x4 rear end because.....well.....I lack imagination. :lol:

Detritus is right. We're probably looking at three vehicles. The back end of the Caddy is likely Pic3, but Pic4, while basically being the same chassis, is a different vehicle. Notice the color of the tarp is different and it's tied down differently. Plus, there's some writing on the differential in Pic4 but not on the one in Pic3.
biolumen

Postby Yok_Rzeznic » Mon Sep 06, 2010 2:03 pm

biolumen wrote:
Yok_Rzeznic wrote:This is what I am imagining when I see the pics here, that's definitely. only two vehicles in those pictures.

Nah, I'm doing the misinterpreting. I failed to associate the Caddy with the huge 4x4 rear end because.....well.....I lack imagination. :lol:

Detritus is right. We're probably looking at three vehicles. The back end of the Caddy is likely Pic3, but Pic4, while basically being the same chassis, is a different vehicle. Notice the color of the tarp is different and it's tied down differently. Plus, there's some writing on the differential in Pic4 but not on the one in Pic3.

'
Suppose no one is used to seeing one from that angle, but that chrome is undeniably a 59er.
Also,I never looked close enough to the axles because they looked similar enough for me to write them, off as one vehicle.
Yok_Rzeznic

Postby milian » Tue Sep 07, 2010 11:16 am

biolumen wrote:

yeah deffo two different vehicles in a pic3 and pic4. As well as the differences just mentioned there is different rope and knots in each image for the tarp, a difference in some of the straps, there's is a ramp like thing on the trailer on pic4, which isn't there on pic3, and the sun is lighting the shot from a different angle too.
milian

Postby Yok_Rzeznic » Wed Sep 08, 2010 12:55 am

milian wrote:
biolumen wrote:

yeah deffo two different vehicles in a pic3 and pic4. As well as the differences just mentioned there is different rope and knots in each image for the tarp, a difference in some of the straps, there's is a ramp like thing on the trailer on pic4, which isn't there on pic3, and the sun is lighting the shot from a different angle too.

So, who here works for forensics?
Yok_Rzeznic

PreviousNext

Return to Mad Max 4 - Fury Road