Possible pictures of actual Fury Road vehicles

Discuss the facts, the rumours, plot ideas, merchandising ideas, whatever...

Re: Possible pictures of actual Fury Road vehicles

Postby Copwatch » Sat Sep 04, 2010 9:01 pm

DetritusMaximus wrote:I guess what I am trying to say is that Miller has a particular style that involves a more realistic approach than what other directors/producers/art directors would do. That is what I want. Make me believe it, not the comic book nonsense you get in other movies.

Lol, wha? No, he doesn't. Perhaps where his other films are concerned, but the Mad Max films are all very theatrical, mythic, operatic and over-the-top (in the comic booky sense of the term) films, both aesthetically and narratively. They're not meant to act as a truly speculative version of what the future might be like - they're fables, visually heightened to a high degree of emotional expressiveness.
Copwatch

Postby MWFV8 » Sun Sep 05, 2010 1:41 am

When it comes to the plausibility of the vehicles in MadMax the big question is, was that a deliberate effort by Miller or really down to budget restraints.

As extreme as MM and RW were they never went as far as most other apocalyptic movies, for me this always been one of the most appealing things about the movies.

However we saw Miller u-turn on all this when he had a big budget for BTTD.

Something else to consider is that Miller has always been -very- good at dividing the bad guys into distinctive gangs. If these vehicles are in Fury Road they may be the two most extreme examples belonging to those at the top of the food chain.

If the rumour of lots of LandCruiser based cars is true then this parallels well with RW where we saw lots of production car based stuff and a couple of extreme custom builds.
"Wrong, we fight for a belief. I stay."
MWFV8

Postby Yok_Rzeznic » Sun Sep 05, 2010 2:00 am

I can see the front page now, 'Fury Road Speculation Throws Forums Into Road Warrior-Like State Of Chaos...'
http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=169019682217
Help a fan get into Fury Road, or just look at some pretty pictures...
Yok_Rzeznic

Postby DetritusMaximus » Sun Sep 05, 2010 8:57 am

roadwarriormfp wrote:Im mystified to your last comment.... "someone from another forum"?

Whats the problem?

Because it wasnt a forum member its not true what was posted?
Indeed wouldnt the story be less likely to be false because someone on another forum told his mates what he saw, instead of coming here and bragging?
I am truely lost...
If you or someonelse with a respectable amount of time on this forum had taken the pics, I would be less skeptical. But it is from an unknown person on an unspecified forum who supposedly got the info from a truck driver.
Road Worrier
DetritusMaximus

Postby milian » Sun Sep 05, 2010 9:10 am

When you look on the meta information on the photographs its shows they were shot on 26/12/2009.

So the camera could have the wrong date set, or it could have been taken on boxing day last year..........
milian

Postby DetritusMaximus » Sun Sep 05, 2010 9:46 am

Copwatch wrote:
DetritusMaximus wrote:I guess what I am trying to say is that Miller has a particular style that involves a more realistic approach than what other directors/producers/art directors would do. That is what I want. Make me believe it, not the comic book nonsense you get in other movies.

Lol, wha? No, he doesn't. Perhaps where his other films are concerned, but the Mad Max films are all very theatrical, mythic, operatic and over-the-top (in the comic booky sense of the term) films, both aesthetically and narratively. They're not meant to act as a truly speculative version of what the future might be like - they're fables, visually heightened to a high degree of emotional expressiveness.
As I said, "more realistic" compared to others. I don't recall ten minute fight scenes that would have killed most people in the first minute or car jumping silliness as in The Transporter or Dukes of Hazard. People get hurt quickly and cars stop running just as fast. Crazy things happen in MM, but the consequences are generally kept within the realm of reason.
Road Worrier
DetritusMaximus

Postby Yok_Rzeznic » Sun Sep 05, 2010 6:03 pm

milian wrote:When you look on the meta information on the photographs its shows they were shot on 26/12/2009.

So the camera could have the wrong date set, or it could have been taken on boxing day last year..........

/thread
Yok_Rzeznic

Postby biolumen » Sun Sep 05, 2010 6:55 pm

DetritusMaximus wrote:If you or someonelse with a respectable amount of time on this forum had taken the pics, I would be less skeptical. But it is from an unknown person on an unspecified forum who supposedly got the info from a truck driver.

Hence the word 'possible' in the thread title, since it's possible these vehicles are for something else. Milian's recent observation now casts much doubt as to their authenticity. If they aren't for the movie, I'd like to know for what purpose they were built. A lot of engineering went into the contruction of that 4x4, and I can just make out a vintage chrome grille attached to the front of it (top of Pic3).
biolumen

Postby DetritusMaximus » Sun Sep 05, 2010 7:41 pm

I never even thought to look at the file data, but I can't remember ever setting the time/date feature in my cameras so I guess that doesn't mean much either way.
Road Worrier
DetritusMaximus

Postby Yok_Rzeznic » Sun Sep 05, 2010 8:07 pm

biolumen wrote:
DetritusMaximus wrote:If you or someonelse with a respectable amount of time on this forum had taken the pics, I would be less skeptical. But it is from an unknown person on an unspecified forum who supposedly got the info from a truck driver.

Hence the word 'possible' in the thread title, since it's possible these vehicles are for something else. Milian's recent observation now casts much doubt as to their authenticity. If they aren't for the movie, I'd like to know for what purpose they were built. A lot of engineering went into the contruction of that 4x4, and I can just make out a vintage chrome grille attached to the front of it (top of Pic3).

That's the back chrome of the Caddy alright, recognise one from anywhere.
Yok_Rzeznic

PreviousNext

Return to Mad Max 4 - Fury Road