You know you're a Mad Max fan when-

General discussions about everything else

Re: You know you're a Mad Max fan when-

Postby the armourer » Wed Jul 07, 2010 6:55 am

Big Bopper Bart wrote:You drive 100+ mph on the highway blasting the soundtrack to The Road Warrior...yeah stupid I know :P :oops:

100mph? Not stupid at all. I too slow down just going to market. :P
"There are over 550 million smallarms in worldwide circulation. That's one weapon for every 12 people on the planet. The only question is: How do we arm the other 11?"

"The Teutonic reputation for brutality is well founded. Their operas last for 3 or 4 days and they have no word for 'fluffy'."
the armourer

Location: Up to my elbows in a '69 Dodge, getting ready for a wastelands run....

Postby bike » Wed Jul 07, 2010 1:19 pm

Tee hee 145mph and legal. A Hallelujah for German autobahns and the V8 fun of my old but very fine Mercedes sportster. Tina Turner fits well to this moment in time. Mbwuuhaahahahahahahaha. DO YAA SEE ME Toecutter? DO YA SEE ME MAN? Like to wind it up and let fly with the Nightrider rant, know it word for word. Tina on the music, don`t forget the gestures with my finger. THE TOECUTTER! HE KNOWS WHO I AM! Thing is, the squares who i shout at out the window, don`t seem to get it.
bike

Postby the armourer » Wed Jul 07, 2010 4:49 pm

bike wrote:Tee hee 145mph and legal. A Hallelujah for German autobahns and the V8 fun of my old but very fine Mercedes sportster. Tina Turner fits well to this moment in time. Mbwuuhaahahahahahahaha. DO YAA SEE ME Toecutter? DO YA SEE ME MAN? Like to wind it up and let fly with the Nightrider rant, know it word for word. Tina on the music, don`t forget the gestures with my finger. THE TOECUTTER! HE KNOWS WHO I AM! Thing is, the squares who i shout at out the window, don`t seem to get it.

Reminds me of a fellow I knew who told me about his time stationed in Germany in the early '70's. He brought his car with him to the new post, a 1969 Dodge Daytona with a very warmed-over 426/4speed and 2:45 rear gears. They'd go out on the A-bahn and mess with the high-end runners. At 150, that Hemi was just starting to breathe. Overkill I'd call it.
"There are over 550 million smallarms in worldwide circulation. That's one weapon for every 12 people on the planet. The only question is: How do we arm the other 11?"

"The Teutonic reputation for brutality is well founded. Their operas last for 3 or 4 days and they have no word for 'fluffy'."
the armourer

Location: Up to my elbows in a '69 Dodge, getting ready for a wastelands run....

Postby MFP-66 » Thu Jul 22, 2010 1:52 pm

you travel half way round the world to visit random bits of deserted australian road and the odd bridge
MFP-66

Postby Light me Johnny » Sat Jul 31, 2010 10:08 am

- you named your two cats Max and Jessie (in the 1980's).

- in your mid 50's you buy four Hot Wheels Falcon Coupes (any witnesses will think they're gifts for children, right!??).
Light me Johnny

Postby Gasoline » Sat Jul 31, 2010 9:02 pm

Being the recipient of one of those cars, I'm very grateful.
Very thoughtful and generous. Thank you again Johnny.
Attachments
DSC07676 ver 2.JPG
DSC07676 ver 2.JPG (78.96 KiB) Viewed 764 times
Kick her in the guts Barry !
Gasoline

Postby Benzito » Wed Aug 04, 2010 9:54 pm

You consider getting your 2003 Ford Falcon sedan re-sprayed in black and re-trimmed in black.
You look into the legality of converting above car to a coupe in NSW.
You want BF Goodrich Radial T/A tyres for your car, even though it in no way resembles the BOB.
"She sucks Nitro"
Benzito

Postby the armourer » Thu Aug 05, 2010 9:56 pm

Benzito wrote:You look into the legality of converting above car to a coupe in NSW.

Again, the crazy regulations continue to amaze me. But back to our regularly scheduled programing...

You spend most of the day and go through dozens of sheets of paper trying to design the perfect RW-style front bumper for Wasteland Weekend.

You get angry when you realize that high scrap prices on aluminum have severely limited the availability of 6-71 blower cases suitable for dummy setups.

the armourer

Postby Benzito » Thu Aug 12, 2010 7:48 pm

you play the MM1 soundtrack while driving your car and want to chase and ram every car or bike that is ahead of you.
"She sucks Nitro"
Benzito

Postby DetritusMaximus » Sat Aug 14, 2010 6:48 pm

...before going out on a hot summer night, you put on your heavy Vibram-soled workboots so you get that nice slightly sidways, shuffle/scrape saunter Goose had walking down the road after crashing his bike.
Road Worrier
DetritusMaximus

PreviousNext

Return to Off-Topic