You know you're a Mad Max fan when-

General discussions about everything else

You know you're a Mad Max fan when-

Postby the armourer » Tue Jun 29, 2010 3:49 pm

I've been following a thread concept like this over on a WW2 reenacting list and I thought it might be fun to do here. So,....

"You know you're a Mad Max fan when..."

1. The films are the reason you are a serious motorhead.

2. You know all the details to building a supercharged V-8 even though you've never actually done it.

3. You paint your green car black.

4. Your family can't understand why you spent all that money on that flawless black paint job and never wash it.

5. You've actually looked into what it would take to convert said car over to right-hand drive.

6. You have actually eaten a can of dog food. (not too bad once you get it past your nose)

7. You open cans with a folding can opener (P-38) that's been on your key ring since 1983 rather then using the electric opener.

Ok, I've gone and embarrassed myself. Who's next? :D
"There are over 550 million smallarms in worldwide circulation. That's one weapon for every 12 people on the planet. The only question is: How do we arm the other 11?"

"The Teutonic reputation for brutality is well founded. Their operas last for 3 or 4 days and they have no word for 'fluffy'."
the armourer

Location: Up to my elbows in a '69 Dodge, getting ready for a wastelands run....

Re: You know you're a Mad Max fan when-

Postby toecutter » Wed Jun 30, 2010 4:30 am

You like to use phrases like :

Im on fire, Im on fire!

Light me Johnny

As long as the paperworks clean, you boys can do what you like out there

Well, well, well...

Perhaps its a result of an anxiety

etc etc
'Perhaps its a result of an anxiety'
toecutter

Postby Gasoline » Wed Jun 30, 2010 2:22 pm

8. At any given time, you're "watching" a dozen or so madmax related items on Ebay, even though you can't afford them and you definitely don't need them.
Kick her in the guts Barry !
Gasoline

Postby LTDHO » Wed Jun 30, 2010 7:05 pm

9. When you can add quotes from Mad Max to general life conversations

10. When entering a freeway/motorway you pnder raming him or blowing him away.

11. You flick of the booby trap before you put fuel in your car.

12. You only own black cars (or yellow/red/blue)

13. You don't start your car, you "kick 'er in the guts"
LTDHO = Supercharged Intercooled 5.7L 360rwkw, 6 speed

XB Coupe = Stock Fairmont GS with 351 and 4 speed.

But I really want a 600rwhp XB coupe!
LTDHO

Postby the armourer » Wed Jun 30, 2010 8:00 pm

14. You rivet an old machete and sheath to the left rear framerail of your freshly painted black car.

15. You forget to remove said machete when you sell the car and still wonder 25+ years later what ever happened to it.

16. You write a Mad Max-style script for your high school audio/visual class and the instructor rejects it when he reads the part where the Mercury Cougar does a triple barrel-roll.

17. Said instructor stands by his decision even after you explain that you already have the car and the 'stunt driver' lined up. (I used to know some really wild people)

18. You get thrown out of Chuck E. Cheese's for playing 'Pole Position' dressed up as a Bad Cop. (actually 'banned for life' was the phrase used, but that was 1983, I'm sure they've forgotten by now.)

19. Your favorite maneuver when you're trying to change lanes and the other guy refuses to speed up or slow down is to stand on the brakes.(gonna install 4 wheel discs on the Dodge)

20. You have mixed feeling about your new car project because the parking brake is foot-operated instead of hand-operated and it will be tougher to pull those 180 degree power-slide turns.
"There are over 550 million smallarms in worldwide circulation. That's one weapon for every 12 people on the planet. The only question is: How do we arm the other 11?"

"The Teutonic reputation for brutality is well founded. Their operas last for 3 or 4 days and they have no word for 'fluffy'."
the armourer

Location: Up to my elbows in a '69 Dodge, getting ready for a wastelands run....

Postby bike » Fri Jul 02, 2010 8:29 am

..you look at this website every day :D
bike

Postby the armourer » Fri Jul 02, 2010 3:55 pm

bike wrote:..you look at this website AT LEAST 10 TIMES OR MORE every day :D

Fixed it for ya...... :lol:

the armourer

Postby Gasoline » Fri Jul 02, 2010 7:40 pm

Hahaha... :lol:

Yeah, its like a refrigerator. You look in it every half an hour even though nothing has changed.
Kick her in the guts Barry !
Gasoline

Postby the armourer » Fri Jul 02, 2010 8:32 pm

21. You get pulled by a Deputy Sheriff for failing to come to a complete stop before making a right turn and when she lets you off with a warning you tell her "Thanks Bronze!"

22. You get a funny look when you stop by one of the local well drilling companies, tape measure in hand, asking to measure their stock of water tanks for your 'special project'.

23. You get an even funnier look when you explain what the 'special project' is. :shock:

24. You actually begin to enjoy the funny looks you get.

25. You recoil in horror and disgust when you find that there actually are people who haven't seen any of the films. :o

the armourer

Postby HUMVEE Driver » Sat Jul 03, 2010 10:10 am

-Your biggest (and most fun) hobby is building outfits, armor, weapons, and vehicles either from or inspired by the movies.

-You are planning on towing a vehicle 4,000 miles round trip to camp out in the freaking desert for a weekend... all because it's Mad Max related.

HUMVEE Driver
"I'll see you on the road!"
http://www.madmaxmodels.com
HUMVEE Driver

Next

Return to Off-Topic