Cameos

Discuss the facts, the rumours, plot ideas, merchandising ideas, whatever...

Cameos

Postby PacificMuscle » Wed Jun 30, 2010 10:47 pm

I debated ... with myself so I won ... whether or not to post this as I can't quote the source or the details ... but ... I figured I'd be interested even without the details.

I know of at least two cameos in MM4 by folk from MM1. I don't know anything about the characters they will be playing.

Pete
Lingerie ... remember Lingerie ...

Pete
PacificMuscle

Re: Cameos

Postby biolumen » Wed Jun 30, 2010 11:00 pm

Good, and thanks for the info. Hope it's true. I'm gonna guess one of them is Hugh Keays-Byrne, only because Miller had previously cast him as Martian Manhunter in his aborted Justice League film.
biolumen

Postby Taipan » Fri Jul 02, 2010 9:51 am

I wonder what they'll strap Beno to now.... :D

Wait, you mean actor or character cameos?
At last the Vermin had inherited the Earth
Taipan

Postby roadwarriormfp » Fri Jul 02, 2010 3:10 pm

The only characters which "lived" through the end of the movies and were memerable are the Feral Kid, the Gyro Captain and Savana.

But id hazzard a guess and say its just actors (not the characters) which will make Cameos because the newer audience wouldnt have a clue who they were?

Im still eagerly awaiting a plot of some sort!
So far its all a bit weird the info which has come out and seems everyone is very much keeping it a secret.
We are 100% snafu....
roadwarriormfp

Postby Peter Barton » Sat Jul 03, 2010 12:14 am

For it to be a cameo, I'd have to think it would be the characters. Played by the same actors. Having previous actors playing new characters isn't really a cameo, and if they were prominent different characters previously, it might not work. It would be kind of like taking Bruce Spence as the Gyro Captain from the Road Warrior, and trying to have him play a different character in a subsequent film...

So on that basis (character continuation), I'd say it would have to be characters that survived the previous films, where the actors are still around, and recognisable as who they were. Let's guess one from each film (even though Pete is only saying two!)

Roger Ward / Fifi from Mad Max. There's a reasonable character who could still show up in some capacity somewhere.

Bruce Spence / Gyro Captain from Mad Max 2. For all the obvious reasons, mainly that he'd be great to watch. The new film seems darker though, maybe too dark for this character.

Justine Clarke / Anna Goanna from Thunderdome. Maybe a stretch, but she's very active now as an entertainer, and quite recognisable 25 years after Thunderdome. Possibly not, but I'd be interested to see this one...!

As for Mel, I'm thinking not. I'd be surprised if they let him anywhere near the pic now, with his recent publicity. The studios are already in panic mode about other unreleased projects he is currently tied to, I very much doubt anyone at the studio would let him near this one at this point.
Peter Barton
Site Admin

Postby PacificMuscle » Sat Jul 03, 2010 9:01 am

"A cameo role or cameo appearance (often shortened to just cameo) is a brief appearance of a known person in a work of the performing arts, such as plays, films, video games[1] and television. These roles are generally small, many of them non-speaking ones, and they're commonly either appearances in a work in which they hold some special significance (such as actors from an original movie appearing in its remake), or renowned people making uncredited appearances. Short appearances by celebrities, film directors, politicians, athletes, musicians or even characters from other fictional works are common. A cameo should not be confused with a guest appearance, being different in that guest appearances do acknowledge the person in question for who they are, be it by explicitly naming them or in the work's credits."
Lingerie ... remember Lingerie ...

Pete
PacificMuscle

Postby biolumen » Fri Jan 07, 2011 1:34 am

Hollywood Insider : 10 Questions with Hugh Keays Byrne

By Hollywood Insider | January 7, 2011

1. How did you get the gig in Mad Max, sir?

Dr G [George Miller] openly came around to where I was living at the time.

2. And he offered you the part?

We talked.

[snip]

8. Disappointing it didn’t happen. Now what about Mad Max : Fury Road? You’re involved, I believe? Is it still on?

I understand we start again in a year, gods willing and the wind right!

9. What’s next for you, Hugh?

Fury Road. Also, The Madness of Max documentary.

10. Sounds interesting. What’s that?

The last word on arguably the most influential film of the last thirty years. I’m also doing Spademan - a one man show.

http://www.whatsplaying.com.au/2011/01/ ... ays-byrne/

A man of few words. What's this Madness of Max documentary?
biolumen

Postby Daz » Fri Jan 07, 2011 3:13 pm

Madness of Max is a doco interviewing many of the cast from Mad Max.

I've seen snippits of it at the Popcorn Taxi reunion and it adds a lot of backstory and behind the scenes stories. When it comes out, it's on my 'must buy' list.
Daz

Postby Wants His Hand Back » Sun Jan 09, 2011 9:08 pm

I think it will be like Bruce Spence playing the Pilot in BT, after having just been the Gyro Captain.

Same people, new characters. I don't think they'd recast a 30 year old max and have a 60 year old Fifi.
Wants His Hand Back

Return to Mad Max 4 - Fury Road