The Real Interceptor

Like the name says...

The Real Interceptor

Postby AdrianUK » Fri May 24, 2002 6:33 pm

I must admit, the interceptor did look quite sad sat their behind those rope barriers but at least it had thomas magnum's ferrari and the A team van for company.
AdrianBennett

AdrianUK

The Real Interceptor

Postby squeezer » Sat May 25, 2002 5:53 pm

Adrian,

I'm not sure if I should laugh or not. I suppose Chitty-Chitty-Bang-Bang can stop over for a visit too? The Ferrari is a Race Thoroughbred born to the barn. The Van just sat around anyway. I still think the Interceptor looks a bit like a caged Wolf. If the Aussies do bring it back I hope it's to tour the country and not just sit there in another cage. Museaum. After all, it's one guest that everyone would have liked to see at "Back to the Max" besides Max himself of course.

But, I have a question about your car though? When it's all finished will it be "Street Legal"? The Blower, Zoomies, Tires wider than the extended Flares are what I believe get it labeled "Mechanicae non Grata" in Oz and I was wondering about the UK. Though it still won't be as wide or clumsy on an English country lane as the Lincoln Navigator are the motor laws as stringent there as in Oz?

Oh, I just had a fun thought! When it's finished, if you are driving in the New Forest, you will be able to use the siren to scare the ponies out from under the rail bridges and out of your way! Heheh! The little bastards are always tying up traffic in that part of the world. Think they own the place! Oh, and God forgive you if you try and nudge them a bit with your car. They Kick! And of course the RSPCA would have you up on cruelty charges if you were observed.
-Squeezer

'When do we go for a ride?'
squeezer

The Real Interceptor

Postby AdrianUK » Sat May 25, 2002 7:47 pm

I must agree, if the interceptor was to make an unexpected guest appearance at the "Back to the Max" reunion it would be the icing on the cake for most involved.

more chance of shipping over a truck load of ponies!

the strict laws that govern what we can and can't drive on our poorley kept roads means the car would probably have to have it's MOT test with the blower and zoomies removed,it's all down to each individual tester and what mood they are in.

once it's past the test,fit them on again and wait for PC Plod to impound the vehicle for dangerous parts protruding .............from the car, that is.
AdrianBennett

AdrianUK

The Real Interceptor

Postby cobra » Mon May 27, 2002 12:46 pm

Hello all, well my thoughts ont he original car are I think where it is now is a good place for it, but it does need a run, and NO I dont think it should come back to this country, well not unless its treated like it is now heck last time it was here it sat out the front of a wreckers for a few years and nearly got wrecked!, , the rebuild on the car is wrong how ever back when it was rebuilt they had no DVD, limited pictures and info and no access tot he correct nose cone so really they didnt do to bad.

no I dont think we will ever build a replica of how it sits now.

regards Grant

cobra

The Real Interceptor

Postby AdrianUK » Mon May 27, 2002 8:35 pm

I think because of the growing mass interest in mad max over the past years , their would be a large number of people who would give the interceptor a good home back in OZ.
AdrianBennett

AdrianUK

The Real Interceptor

Postby Eyesquad » Sun Jun 02, 2002 8:01 pm

In my opinion the car needs to go back to the country that it was spawned from. I live in America and cannot bear the thought that the car will sit in some museum and not see the light of day again. If you want a car for that then buy a Deusenberg. Don't buy the one car that defined every boys dreams of a hero. My hero's werent Superman or Batman. It was the Road Warrior. The man we called Max, and what did we associate with Max? The Interceptor. Without the Interceptor there would be no Max. Without Max there would be no Interceptor. Yes the yellow cars were cool and fast but they are not the Black behemoth streaking over the landscape to right wrongs. If you were like me, you felt the excitement flow through you the first time that car took its run on the screen. To think of it languishing away in some rich mans collection makes me cringe. Put it on the road and let people enjoy it that way. I personally would enjoy the car more by seeing it pass me in traffic than seeing it in a museum. I think any true fan would. Change the laws in your country, Stand up for your rights and bring the car home so that it may once again roam the wasteland that it so rightfully deserves to.
Eyesquad

The Real Interceptor

Postby AdrianUK » Sun Jun 02, 2002 8:35 pm

Can,t argue with that my friend!
AdrianBennett

AdrianUK

The Real Interceptor

Postby PursuitSpecial » Mon Jun 03, 2002 8:25 am

I wonder how many miles (or kms...) the real car has on it?? Probably not many despite its used appearence.

-Jon

"I pursued my enemies and overtook them;
I did not turn back till they were destroyed."
-Psalm 18:37

Username: Jon (Jun. 28, 1999 - Oct. 17 1999)
Username: JtB (Oct. 17, 1999 - Mar. 31, 2000)
Username: PursuitSpecial (Mar. 31, 2000 - present)
PursuitSpecial

The Real Interceptor

Postby XBPhil » Tue Jun 25, 2002 7:25 pm

Yes maybe it shoudn't be sitting in a museum, but for years and years it was rotting away and if things hadn't changed it could've ended up being lost forever. It's not like a whole lot of people were desparate to save the car in the early eighties.
XBPhil

The Real Interceptor

Postby MFP1 » Wed Jun 26, 2002 4:01 am

I agree that it is good that it is not rotting away any more, although sitting in a warehouse/museium never being driven or maintained is bad too. And the guy who owns it now isint the guy who saved it anyway...but its good it got saved... someone should gfet at saving the cobra towtruck, and any others that are not at least dirvable and put them all together somewhere.
"We'll see you on the road scag, We'll see you like we saw the nightrider!!!", "Perhaps its a result of anxiety...." MFP1
MFP1

PreviousNext

Return to Film Cars and Replica Cars