Bact to the Max Documentary

Back 2 The Max - Little River, 10 - 12 October 2008 (and formerly Broken Hill, July 12-14 2002)

Postby MFP1 » Tue May 14, 2002 8:55 pm

Being in the US, just having purchaced a 73 XA, and generally being of moderate means....

I really wish I could go, and have always planned to see the locations from the film, I realize this would be by far the best time.

So, like many , many other US Max fans (and from elsewhere around the world, I will not be able to make it no matter hopw much I might want to (unless plane tickets fell into my lap).

What I am wondering is.... is there any plan to document/film the proceedings? It would make an awesome addition to the existing "Max" legend related films (ie welcome to wherever you are etc)

Interviews with cast and crew, l;ocal and otherwise, would be great, and if anyone ever unearths teh "documentary" footage made during filming of MM 1 and 2, could make an awesome addition to max mithology.

Anyway, I knoe everyone is going to want to be involved, maybe someone who loves filmmaking will be doing it?
"We'll see you on the road scag, We'll see you like we saw the nightrider!!!", "Perhaps its a result of anxiety...." MFP1
MFP1

Postby nelson » Thu May 23, 2002 5:07 pm

Hey MFP1 I am taking a digital video camera for some personal shots and general footage. If you like I can make a copy of the stuff for you. It obviously wouldnt be proffesional standard but it would give you an idea of how the weekend went.
nelson

Postby torinoscj » Fri May 24, 2002 12:46 am

Sign me up for a copy also.Let me know how much $$.Make sure to get plenty of car shots.Bill
The Blower,man,the Blower! He's in a coma!
torinoscj

Postby nelson » Fri May 24, 2002 1:05 am

Depending on how many people are interested I can do it for nothing, tapes are cheap, I can put it on ntsc format and/or email some downloaded pics. I am not doing it for the $$$ I there is a lot of interest just send me a tape and return postage and Ill do it. Hopefully I can just send a few copies off without that hassle. I dont mind.

I am sure there will be heaps of people taken shots and stuff. I hope someone does do it as a documentary

Where in the states are you??
nelson

Postby torinoscj » Fri May 24, 2002 1:41 am

I'm in Oregon.Fire me off an e-mail at mailto:wcbrown@cascadeaccess.com Bill
The Blower,man,the Blower! He's in a coma!
torinoscj

Postby MFP1 » Tue May 28, 2002 7:01 pm

Nelson,

Totally cool! I think it would be best from a fan perspective anyway.... maybe your tape and some from others (I know mass people must be bringing their cams) and maybe a "documentary" of sorts will come out. Please feel free to email me at: ripmail@angelfire.com

Thats very cool of you to offer freebies, I am willing to cover any costs involver as well. I would like to see the locations, replica cars, and cast/crew.....but mostly anything leftover from the filming ( the wrecks, the props, the pieces of the sets). Thank you!!!
"We'll see you on the road scag, We'll see you like we saw the nightrider!!!", "Perhaps its a result of anxiety...." MFP1
MFP1

Postby nelson » Wed May 29, 2002 7:31 am

Hi MFP1 are you building a replica interceptor or yellow pursuit car??

nelson

Postby MFP1 » Thu Jun 06, 2002 6:50 pm

Nelson,

I am building a replica, out of a 1973 XA coupe, still deciding if it should be the "Black" or maybe the "Red XA Wipeout Coupe"....... I did just get a monza nose off e-bay for a really good deal, so I am building the black someday I guess, but I think the XA will be the RED....what do you think???
MFP1

Postby nelson » Fri Jun 07, 2002 12:27 am

That nose was a bargain, well done. I am baised as I love the black interceptor. The xa is suitable to make a replica with check out the fans car section or http://geocities.com/madmaxreplicas/ to see what others have done.

Perhaps when you see the video from back2themax you will see a few more fans cars and what they have done. You will probably find, like many replica builders, the fun is in the building, take your time and enjoy it. Its a journey not a destination

nelson

Postby Motar » Tue Jun 11, 2002 1:34 pm

$$$ Is a Big problem for me 2 MFP1.For me tickets would cost more than 1000Euro,and i,m still studying and just 19 years old.SO NO TICKETS FOR MEImage.And even if the tickets fell in my lap.I would have to get a hotel in Broken hill $$$!
"I am gravely disappointed,again you have made me unleash my dogs of war"
Motar

Next

Return to Back 2 The Max