potential car pool from sydney

Back 2 The Max - Little River, 10 - 12 October 2008 (and formerly Broken Hill, July 12-14 2002)

Postby nelson » Sun May 19, 2002 11:57 am

We have to leave thurs night cause of work. I think it may be safer going through mildura. Does anyone know?? Thanks for the tips about the cops. At the moment we have eight going so we will swop drivers and go through in one go with some decent stops on the way. Looks like we are hiring a tarago van.

How about the temperature? I think it will be freezing at night

Il go back and look closer at the map.

nelson

Postby me max » Sun May 19, 2002 11:36 pm

Dave,

I think the Dubbo way sounds good ,if you are going that way we might link up with you Thursday morning and trek together, I am at the base of the Blue Mountains so you would go right past me, if Nelson can leave earlier and join up then we will have a real convoy.

I am planning to break the journey up a bit as well on the way back and do a bit of sight seeing.

Where are you blokes staying up there? Broken Hill or Silverton.
me max

Postby nelson » Mon May 20, 2002 12:21 am

Havent decided where to stay yet. After the long trip I will want a comfortable place to lay my hat. We cant leave before Thurs night. I will keep an eye out for max fans on the way though
nelson

Postby Dave_H » Mon May 20, 2002 5:33 am

Re nelsons questions about the temperature,

In June of 98 or 99? for the 3 days that I was there in june of 98 or 99, it was continually overcast, all the mornings had fog which usually cleared by 8am. There was no wind. There was no sun except late one afternoon. Some say that its warmer when the clouds keep the heat in.

During the day, the temperature was such that I got around with a pair of jeans, and a thick jumper. If I stood still for any length of time I needed a warm jacket. At night, it was very cold. I needed to wear a jacket all the time outdoors. The one morning I was caught out in the wind on top of a hill, it was freezing. Id reccomend to anyone intending to go to the pinnacles to take at least some form of windproof warm jacket, a beanie and gloves. I wouldnt bother camping at this time of year unless you're used to those conditions.

hope this helps, Dave
Dave_H

Postby The Bronze » Thu May 23, 2002 1:02 pm

Hey Guys.

I'm keen to join into a carpool if you need someone to pitch in. I'm a Uni student with two kids, two cars and wife so I probably can't afford to help out with feeding a blown 454 all the way but for a reasonable amount I'd love to come for the weekend for sure. I will have to check about getting the weekend off with the thursday and friday and monday off Uni. If you need a third of fourth in your carpool let me know.

mailto:Stevesallychandler@yahoo.com I'm in Newcastle and will arrange to meet you somewhere on you way. If not I may price bus tickets but would rather travel with some like minded maxmen for sure. Mail me back with how much you think it will cost so I can put it to the minister of finance.

Cheers
The Bronze.

Somedays you the pigeon, Some days your the statue.
The Bronze

Postby CamW » Sat May 25, 2002 6:05 am

If you guys are planning to go through Mildura that would be great, since thats the way we're planning to go too :-)

I would love to be in a convoy with an interceptor replica *drools*

if one of you guys could e-mail me with more definate plans that would be great and I'll pass on my mobile number to you.

Cheers, Cam
CamW

Postby me max » Sat May 25, 2002 12:12 pm

Well, we are leaving Thursday morning for sure no later than 8.00am and I still haven't decided which route to take, we are looking at linking up with Dave H and his convoy but I am open to idea's, if most of the convoy is heading Midura way then that's the way The Interceptor will go with my team of 6.

Keep me posted on your opinions guy's, I think the more the merrya in case we have some breakdowns, surely there will be a mechanic amongst us.

It's a get out of jail free card"- the goose
me max

Postby CamW » Sun May 26, 2002 5:57 am

Cool, we'll definately try and hook up with you guys, if thats okay?

We're planning to go through Mildura, but can de-tour to menindee if thats the way you guys are heading.

Cam
CamW

Previous

Return to Back 2 The Max