TheChosen1 Cannot Choose!

Like the name says...

Postby THeChosen1 » Fri May 17, 2002 11:17 am

Gday all

I'm 17..From Sydney and don't really have alot of $$$$$$$$. I love Mad Max..infact the whole series..with the Road Warrior being my favourite. Although..I wish to make a Replica of a Car from Mad Max 1. Either the Pursuit Special (HQ MONARO), March Hare, or Big Bopper. I am a HOlden boy 100% But this is Mad Max. I can have what ever i can afford. I need your help choosing which one to Create.. Plz Help me!!!! FOR THE CHOSEN 1 CANNOT CHOOSE!!
"They say people don't believe in Heroes Anymore"
THeChosen1

Postby torinoscj » Fri May 17, 2002 11:39 am

Go for the black Holden,no one else has the guts to do one.It should be fairly easy,once you have the main car.There weren't as many hard to replicate parts as the black.They still sell that hood scoop and the rear spoiler should be an easy fab.You could also do whatever engine you wanted,as that is not disclosed in the movie.I have Ford blue in my veins and having the priviledge of owning a replica of the black (first movie style,of course) is more fun then you can imagine.I say,go for it!And send us lots of pictures.Bill
The Blower,man,the Blower! He's in a coma!
torinoscj

Postby THeChosen1 » Fri May 17, 2002 12:12 pm

Yeah.. a Friend of mines mate had a HQ Monaro for sale..a Stock Standard one with no engine or gearbox and it was ready to paint..for $500. I passed it up coz i did'nt have the $$$$$$$$$$. I'll do it..I just need to find out where to get the Scoops and Spoliers!!
THeChosen1

Postby nelson » Sat May 18, 2002 1:44 am

Hey chosen one, I am from Sydney also. If money is tight be careful with monaros as the insurance can be a killer. Open the phone book, there are heaps of spoiler and fiberglass places around and some good car restorer places. Remember these projects are bottomless pits when it comes to $$$$$$
nelson

Postby THeChosen1 » Sat May 18, 2002 2:11 am

Yeah Nelson True.. Although This Monaro should be farely Simple to Build. Coz the engine Was Unknown..and the only real Changes to the body was the Bonnet Scoop and the Rear Spoiler and also the MFP Radio inside the car.. I want to get this car to look Like a Brand new version of the Pursuit Special..No Damage.. I'm even going to look out for the same Exhaust. I will need some help with this..So if any of you come upon any Information about the car even if its just minor let me know ASAP!! Thanks Guys!!
THeChosen1

Postby nelson » Sat May 18, 2002 2:26 am

Good luck, see ya on the road, see ya like we saw the nightrider
nelson

Postby THeChosen1 » Mon May 20, 2002 4:29 am

Hopefully you will..but i won't be a Smudge on the road like he was. Haha. Hopefully i can get it done within afew months of getting the car. Should be fairly simple. But the easiest things always turn into the Hardest!!
THeChosen1

Postby mfpmax » Mon May 20, 2002 7:20 pm

Don't forget to put the MFP decal on the trunk as well.
mfpmax

Postby nelson » Tue May 21, 2002 2:47 am

Hey chosen one its appears that the monaro also had a front spoiler that looks like it disappeared in the scene in which the car explodes. Have a look at the pics on this site
nelson

Postby THeChosen1 » Tue May 21, 2002 3:02 am

Yeah Nelson i noticed that to.. Thanks for pointing it out though.. !! What car you think its from......? I dunno if any of the Monaros came out with them.. Maybe a LE Monaro one? Maybe even a Torana..
THeChosen1

Next

Return to Film Cars and Replica Cars