potential car pool from sydney

Back 2 The Max - Little River, 10 - 12 October 2008 (and formerly Broken Hill, July 12-14 2002)

Postby Dave_H » Mon Apr 22, 2002 8:43 am

OK,

I havent confirmed I have the time off yet but its looking pretty good.

Im wondering if theres any interest in a car pool from Sydney. I live south and will probably drive, Im wondering if theres much interest from our town in a car pool.

If interested, please reply to this
Dave_H

Postby me max » Wed May 15, 2002 5:30 pm

Hey Dave,

I am from western sydney and we have 5 possibly 6 for a car pool, I am hoping to have the Interceptor ready for the trip so you have interest here.
me max

Postby nelson » Thu May 16, 2002 1:37 am

I too am from western sydney, where is you interceptor replica me max. I am starting a replica project myself and would love to look at yours. I am getting a group together to go but unsure of numbers and when we will actually leave.

When we finalise arrangements Ill post it. Maybe your gang, Dave H and my group can travel together - see ya on the road scag
nelson

Postby me max » Thu May 16, 2002 9:51 am

Hey Nelson,

I am from Penrith and there is 6 of us confirmed that are making the trek, the Interceptor gets started on tomorrow and hopefully it will be ready for the trek.

Where are you from ? and when do you intend to leave, we might be able to tee up something.

"Nothing that a week in the tropics wouldn't fix".
me max

Postby nelson » Fri May 17, 2002 12:11 am

I am from Quakers Hill. We were thinking about leaving thurs around 6pm but havent confirmed anything yet. I have four definates and another four likely. We are still working out the details. When are you guys going?

Whats the base car for the interceptor? Is it an XB

Are you using a kit for the spoilers?

" pppeice from here ppppeice from there"

nelson

Postby me max » Fri May 17, 2002 8:47 am

We are looking at leaving Thursday morning about 5am, so we don't have any night driving, there is to many stray roo's and I want the Interceptor up there in one piece.

The Interceptor is a 1975 xb coupe with all the spoilers and the correct size wheels and tyres. I am hopeing to have the Blower fitted before I leave.

"Big Bopper, were still in the game"
me max

Postby nelson » Fri May 17, 2002 11:06 am

we cant leave till thurs night but we will definatley see you up there. Which way were you going? Through Mildura or through Cobar, Wilcannia way.

Love to talk about your car it sounds awesome. How do you go with the cops and the blower? I thought they'd pin for having an obscured vision or something
nelson

Postby me max » Sat May 18, 2002 3:32 pm

Not sure which way we will go as yet, I will decide the week before but Wilcania way sounds good.

I am talking to a guy tomorrow about the blower, if need be I will take it off for the trip up and put it back on when I get back, but I will find out more tomorrow.

What replica project are you doing?

"must of cut his heart out eh"
me max

Postby nelson » Sat May 18, 2002 10:44 pm

Have a look at the Mildura way, I think its shorter, about 1100 kilometeres and passes through some nice places.

I am just starting a black interceptor, mm1 style. Looking for an xb coupe. I've done the reseach and know where I am getting the parts but wont buy until after the weekend in Broken Hill.
nelson

Postby Dave_H » Sun May 19, 2002 7:55 am

I havent looked too closely at a map but as far as I know the quickest way from Sydney to BH is via Dubbo, Cobar etc.

Going past Hay gets you on to the farming plains where the roads are dead flat and straight and cops love the easy revenue they raise from all the people who get bored with staying on 100km/h for about 4 hours straight. bastards.

Anyway my plans are to leave on thursday morning from Sutherland by about 8am. I don't want to drive with the wildlife after dark. A friend said that Wilcannia can be a dangerous town after dark??? so I dont know If I really want to stop there. Maybe Cobar overnight then cruse the last 400 + klms on friday morning.

On the way home, Im stopping at a few places including White Cliffs, the Parkes 'Dish' and Abercrombie caves near Oberon, probably relax and do it properly over 3 days.

You Sydney blokes going non stop or having a stop over somewhere?

dave
Dave_H

Next

Return to Back 2 The Max