Ford tailgate support straps for sale $12 pair

People come here to trade, do a little business. If you've got nothing to trade you've got no business in Bartertown. (Buy / Sell / Swap / etc)

Ford tailgate support straps for sale $12 pair

Postby tk4013 » Tue Jan 05, 2010 7:04 pm

Ford tailgate support straps for sale on fleabay for $12 a pair plus shipping. Item #230354205300
This is not my item, just looking out for fellow road warriors.
TK4013
tk4013

Re: Ford tailgate support straps for sale $12 pair

Postby Max Replica » Tue Jan 05, 2010 11:07 pm

Good find.
That's a great price for anyone looking to make an authentic MM2 legbrace (though these tailgate hinges are more roughed up than Max's, so you might actually want to clean them up a bit for accuracy. Rare that I would say that with an MM2 item).

These, plus a vintage AFO brace, some leather belts and some hardware bits and you're good to go.
I'll be posting pics and a tutorial on how to make a screen accurate leg brace one of these days. I think there are pics of me wearing my leg brace in the Road Warrior Weekend photo threads in the Roadwar section. It was 90% finished at the time. Now it's done.
So many pics and tutorials I need to post, but I need to completely finish my costume first.
In the meantime, any of you at the point where you're ready to make your leg brace, feel free to get in touch with me and I'll try to help you out.
The Replica Warrior
http://wastelandweekend.com/
Max Replica

Re: Ford tailgate support straps for sale $12 pair

Postby tk4013 » Tue Jan 05, 2010 11:55 pm

Yeah, nothing that alittle silver enamel spray paint can't fix. Beats $66 plus shipping. If you get around to it I'd love to see a couple pictures posted of your leg brace.
TK4013
tk4013

Return to Bartertown