Steve Pilant

Like the name says...

Steve Pilant

Postby Peter Barton » Wed Apr 17, 2002 12:44 pm

Below is an email I received from Steve Pilant today, which I'm posting as he suggested for all those who are interested to read. If anyone wants to wish him well in person he can still be reached at his regular email address, mailto:mfpinterceptor@hotmail.com, although clearly he might not be up to personally replying to everyone at the moment. Please feel free to post this elsewhere, or forward it on to anyone who knows Steve, and who might not be reading this particular board.[/font]

Thanks.[/font]

[/font]

Peter,

My wife is an RN and I myself am an administrator and admin guru at another facility. On Easter morning, my wife was called in to work to replace someone who'd called in sick. No rush to get there, so we stopped off and got a coffee to go. My son woke long enough to see his easter basket and was told he could open it as soon as he and I returned from dropping his mom off at work.

On the way to her job, I was on a road named I96 which is a 2 lane road posted 55mph each direction though most do 70mph each direction. I was doing 55 and had a few cars stacked behind me but wasn't worried because there was upcoming a portion where it goes 4 lanes to allow passing.Before I could get to this point, a car came around the corner travelling in the lane opposite of me and appeared fine. He got up close to me and then careened headlong into my lane. I pulled my left leg back (my 200o Mustang convertible was an automatic) and held down the brakes a solid 4 seconds before he hit.

He spun me clockwise 180 and the impatient traffic behind me then hit me head on as well.

My wife and I were in hospital 2 weeks hence my late response to my magnetic badges. The wife had a ruptured pancreas and removal of intestine. I have a broken hip, femur with metal hardware - and you guessed it - a Mad Max knee brace. My son suffered a black eye and a nasty welt where the seatbelt held him. Thank God! You've no idea what it's like seeing ones leg shaped like a "J" and having ones family scream for help and being utterly helpless to do anything.

The 25 year old American soldier stationed at Fort Stewrt Geogia was driving without car insurance.

At any rate, attached are a clip of the newsppawer artilce and a pic of what was once a nice laser red with leather interior 2000 mustang convertible.

I hope we can get the badge stuff and older site stuff posted soon. Watch out for the scags on the road man. They exist... Share this if you want.

Stevie

[/font]
Peter Barton
Site Admin

Steve Pilant

Postby Peter Barton » Wed Apr 17, 2002 12:45 pm

Peter Barton
Site Admin

Steve Pilant

Postby Peter Barton » Wed Apr 17, 2002 12:46 pm

Peter Barton
Site Admin

Steve Pilant

Postby Steve Pilant » Thu Apr 18, 2002 5:16 am

I'm in a wheelchair and off work a couple of months burning some leave time. Just before the accident, I had some magnetic badges made up I'm hoping to get posted to Peter's site before long as soon as he gets a chance - as well as my defunct Photopoint site pix becoming a permanent part of Peter's site. If anyone's interested in my badges, hopefully Peter will soon be able to host the images of the 3 variations (sold as a set) I've got including one after its trimmed out. Custom verbage is a possibility as well, but dunno how much my graphics guru will charge - hopefully not too much. I may be injured, but am doing quite well considering. Will send pix to Peter of my badges I spent a lot of time and research on which were on his site for quite some time as B&W images. Can't figure how to post images to this response, so Peter, if you get a chance, please post the images for others to see. :-) Thanks all who've been supportive of both my family and for those who've inquired about my magnetic fender logos asking me about them for some eime. I FINALLY made an investment to have some sets made up. Thanks again for all the comments from the old crew from th early research days back when it was all a bunch of intense research and hunting the globe for the right parts! That was the fun part - the collaboration and friendships made years back.

best Regards,

Steve Pilant
Gotta hand it to ya treasure - the last of the V8 interceptors. Woulda been a shame to blow it up...
Steve Pilant

Steve Pilant

Postby AussieCoupes » Thu Apr 18, 2002 6:22 am

Hi Steve,

We have never spoken but you are spoken of often (all good I might add). Just wanted to let you know my families thoughts are with you and hope the road to recovery is not to long and twisty.

Phil
www.aussiecoupes.com
AussieCoupes

Steve Pilant

Postby Peter Barton » Thu Apr 18, 2002 11:37 am

Peter Barton
Site Admin

Steve Pilant

Postby Peter Barton » Thu Apr 18, 2002 11:38 am

Peter Barton
Site Admin

Steve Pilant

Postby Peter Barton » Thu Apr 18, 2002 11:38 am

Peter Barton
Site Admin

Steve Pilant

Postby Steve Pilant » Thu Apr 18, 2002 1:41 pm

Thanks for posting pix of the magnetic badges Peter. Hopefully this wil help other replica car builders. Best Regards,

Stevie
Gotta hand it to ya treasure - the last of the V8 interceptors. Woulda been a shame to blow it up...
Steve Pilant

Steve Pilant

Postby Peter Barton » Fri Apr 19, 2002 6:35 am

OK, I've uploaded all the pictures / files I have of yours to the photo area. All the Photopoint stuff that I saved is here:

http://www.madmaxmovies.com/forum/storage/madmaxmovies/photos/Steve%20Pilant/Photopoint/index.html

As you're aware, only about 40 images unfortunately. If anyone else out there saved any of Steve's other items from Photopoint, PLEASE get in touch, it would be great to reconstruct this archive and get it all back online.

All the other miscellaneous images you sent me are here:

http://www.madmaxmovies.com/forum/storage/madmaxmovies/photos/Steve%20Pilant/Misc/index.html

I'm sure there are more, but this is what I had filed away properly. The paint scheme is in there, but other stuff like the emissions / importing stuff isn't.
Peter Barton
Site Admin

Next

Return to Film Cars and Replica Cars