RWWE News

Fan events and get togethers - Wasteland Weekend, Roadwar, etc..

Re: RWWE News

Postby cruzn2the max » Thu Sep 03, 2009 12:14 pm

I now can confirm that the mrs and i are coming from australia for the road warrior event, our airfares are booked.

Kim Notce is still interested in coming but due to him working in sydney at the moment i havnt seen him, but chating on the phone the other night he is
still interested, i will get on to him about it in the next few weeks.

See you in the desert, or the roads on the way there.

We intend to make a holiday of it and will be arriving in LA 6.30am 15th november and staying 10 days and we intend to see the sights there as well, if
anyone has any ideas for places or things for us to see that would be greatly appreciated.

we are still organizing accomodation, maybe getting a RV motor home.

alan & karen
cruzn2the max

Postby lizzy » Fri Sep 11, 2009 1:22 pm

Hello all,
I just wanted to pop in and let you all know that I am starting to weed through the messages and requests and such on the event. Karol has been such a life send and I want ot thank him for all his patience and assistance and his most definate expertise in all this.
So just to let you all in on who I am. I actually know Scarlett from the Pirate things she does, I have planned events for other pirate and also charity events as well. I actually have almost no knowledge of the Road Warrior Realm but I am doing my best to step in and help all I can. Karol of course is the first one to contact with questions I am sure but please, if you have tried to get answers or have sent emails that were not responded to, Write to me and i will get back to you asap!Also if you have had any problems with tickets as well i need to know. I want you all to know that you can contact me at anytime.
Thanks so much for inviting me here Karol and thanks to all of you for your enthusiasum and ideas that are so welcome!!
Lizzy
Lizzyroadwarriors@gmail.com
lizzy

Postby Karol » Mon Sep 14, 2009 12:58 pm

I just talked to Lizzy and she just wanted to reiterate that she welcomes all of your emails (no PM's please!!). She's got her iPhone ready and promises to get back to you within 24 hours (unless she is out of town like this weekend). She wants to make sure everyone's questions are answered and everyone gets a timely response. Lizzyroadwarriors@gmail.com
We are still trying to sort out a lot of details but things are going well. Hopefully I can offer some more specific updates soon.

We are thinking of breaking up the weekend so that people are encouraged to wear their Thunderdome costumes Friday, MM2 costumes Saturday, and MM1 costumes Sunday. Having dozens of MFP all at once would make a great photo op.
Karol

Postby Max Replica » Mon Sep 14, 2009 1:19 pm

As you know Karol, I love the idea of having costume theme days. It doesn't mean you HAVE to comply, it's just a suggestion and would make for some great photo opportunities (you're welcome to dress as Ironbar all three days if that's your thing). And like most folks, I don't have an MM3 costume, so I'll be wearing a custom creation on Friday. And then on Saturday it will be time to unveil the ultimate Replica Warrior MM2 costume (assuming we get the damn thing ready, right Karol?). Then on Sunday I can be part of the largest MFP force ever assembled. (Karol and I should have lots of extra badges available for those that need them).

I can report that I've emailed Lizzy some suggestions and she was great about getting right back to me. She said she is still slogging through a lot of old emails though.
The Replica Warrior
http://wastelandweekend.com/
Max Replica

Postby MFP 2020 » Mon Sep 14, 2009 3:10 pm

Well, I kinda like the idea of theme days, but by day three everyone (that is, everyone who's not running back to a motel room at night) is going to be pretty dirty. Who's going to want to stink up their pricey MFP uniform? Just sayin'.

That said, I guess I'd better get my credit card out if I want to get an MFP uniform together in time.
Formerly madmaximages.
MFP 2020

Postby MFP1 » Mon Sep 14, 2009 3:48 pm

MadMaxImages wrote:Well, I kinda like the idea of theme days, but by day three everyone (that is, everyone who's not running back to a motel room at night) is going to be pretty dirty. Who's going to want to stink up their pricey MFP uniform? Just sayin'.

I think this is a VERY good point. I am planning to stay onsite throughout, and the Berserker outfit gets pretty....uh....damp, on a hot summer day. I know several others who are going to be "Living the RW experience" (ie surviving in the desert, sans hotel amenities, like a real vermin).

Please consider reversing the order of the "theme days". This way as the beard grow out, and the dirt cakes on, it will actually mimic the film series. Ie: day one, clean spiffy neat MFP officers, day two, Rough former MFP and survivers from society who have been cut off from "Civilized" services, Day 3, Grizzled dirt smeared stalwart holdouts clinging on to the last vestages and scraps of the old world (until the event closes anyway).

Just my $.02
"We'll see you on the road scag, We'll see you like we saw the nightrider!!!", "Perhaps its a result of anxiety...." MFP1
MFP1

Postby Max Replica » Mon Sep 14, 2009 5:00 pm

That's a fair point. However, I'm inclined to think that Friday may be our least attended day - people getting there late, having to work (for local LA folks that are coming) etc.. I think it makes sense to have the least attended day be devoted to the least popular movie.
Following on that point, I would expect Saturday to be the best attended day since Sunday may find some folks heading home early if they have long drives and have to work Monday, so I think it makes sense to have Saturday be devoted to the most popular movie (and Saturday night will probably be the biggest blowout party night and I think that lends itself to all the Roadwarrior stuff.

On to the bigger point though - showers. No matter what we do about the theme I think people are going to be getting pretty ripe by Sunday. I am considering getting a hotel room just so I can have a place to shower etc.. and maybe still staying in a tent for part of the weekend. I'd certainly be willing to let a few people use the shower if I do. If enough of has have hotel rooms and are generous maybe we can take care of some people that way. I also think some folks might have RVs, or those camping style showers.

I doubt the event will be able to pull together some kind of portable shower for everybody like they're doing with the portapotties, but maybe it's worth exploring.
The Replica Warrior
Max Replica

Postby HUMVEE Driver » Mon Sep 14, 2009 5:39 pm

HUMVEE Driver will have his own shower on site, courtesy of a 55 gallon drum and some creative plumbing.

Pretty girls get priority.

:twisted:

HUMVEE Driver
"I'll see you on the road!"
http://www.madmaxmodels.com
HUMVEE Driver

Postby Karol » Mon Sep 14, 2009 10:07 pm

Guys, good point on the theme days.
Maybe we should do MM1 Saturday morning, and then MM2 Saturday evening. Although by November, the sun will set at about 5pm so there won't be much daylight and people may not be inclined to get up too early (then again, who wouldn't want to wake up early just out of excitement?).
I was telling Jwrites we should just make Saturday MM1 day, Sunday MM2 day, and Monday MM3 day. :lol:
Karol

Postby Max Replica » Mon Sep 14, 2009 10:21 pm

Following on that point I was thinking we make Saturday MM2 day, Sunday MM1 day and make Friday "wear your original wasteland costume day". And we can all pretend film three never happened. (Except for the Thunderdome part).
The Replica Warrior
Max Replica

PreviousNext

Return to Events