mad max inspired photochopping

Artwork and artistry, sketches, scripts, stories - drop all your creative efforts in here

mad max inspired photochopping

Postby zykotec » Thu Apr 09, 2009 9:28 am

Just some work I did on a photoshopping forum. It was a contest to modify a picture of an audi A3, and i tried replicating the menacing style of the 'marauders Landau' from RW. Sorry for putting Max in it as it's really not a good guy car, but most of the teens on that forum wouldn't get it if Mel isn't involved :P
the car was made from scratch almost deleting every part of the original audi, and I tried to use as many factory parts as possible to make it look like it was scavenged from other cars, so there's a mercedes grille, mitsubishi evo front bumper,dodge headlights , and some homemade parts,and added some red XA inspiration in it too also, the turbo set up has gotten more modern filters as this is a beoynd 2000 version of a mad max car . Hope you like it ;)
By zykotec at 2008-06-30
zykotec

Re: mad max inspired photochopping

Postby Gasoline » Fri Apr 10, 2009 4:32 pm

Zykotec,
That is an incredible picture.
You have done an excellent job on it.
Your lighting perspectives are spot on and I love the advertising blurb at the bottom.

You certainly have the skills.
Do you do this as a profession?
Kick her in the guts Barry !
Gasoline

Postby zykotec » Sat Apr 11, 2009 12:57 pm

Gasoline wrote:Zykotec,
That is an incredible picture.
You have done an excellent job on it.
Your lighting perspectives are spot on and I love the advertising blurb at the bottom.

You certainly have the skills.
Do you do this as a profession?

Just a hobby , and as I don't really get on well with computers, it'll stay that way too ;) I prefer pen on paper and real cars to be honest. But thanks for the compliments.
zykotec

Postby Gasoline » Sat Apr 11, 2009 4:41 pm

Im still admiring it.
The battle damage on the panels, the replacement door on the driver side, the bolted on airdam in a different colour. There are so many additions to this piece.
It all adds to the ambience of the picture. Each part of the car tells a story rather than it just being a vehicle.
Kudos zykotec.
May may dislike computers, but it looks like computers love you.
Kick her in the guts Barry !
Gasoline

Postby MFPmaniac » Wed Apr 15, 2009 8:53 am

Agreed. Nice take on a modern MM2 interpretation! I also love the square tube rear bumper, as well as the mix-matched front Cragar rims and rear trailer type white spoke rims (with different lug patterns to boot). Really gives it the homebuilt (or wasteland built) quality! 8-)

Aaron
"We'll make it, move over!!!"
MFPmaniac

Postby zykotec » Wed Apr 15, 2009 2:01 pm

Thanks for all the compliments, good to know people notice all the little details and thinking that's behind them. Really makes it worthwile ;)
zykotec

Return to Creations and Creativity