35mm screening of Mad Max 1 in Sydney - January

For any discussions at all relating to the movies

35mm screening of Mad Max 1 in Sydney - January

Postby PacificMuscle » Mon Dec 15, 2008 5:08 pm

Nelson Tromp and I are organising a screening of Mad Max 1 in glorious 35mm for the 31st of January in Sydney

The screening will be at the Australian Film, Television and Radio School which is located next to Fox Studios in the Entertainment quarter in its brand new cinema.

The event will start at 1pm screening of Mad Max 1 followed by a question and answer session. At this time the confirmed attendees are Grant Page, Emil Minty and Dale Bensch. There will be the chance for attendees to get pictures and autographs.

It also coincides with Dirk's (Cueball) visit to Sydney, oh and the 30 year anniversary.

It will be a free event. It will only be advertised on the Mad Max Movies Forum and the AFTRS website as the intention is to get fans of the movie together in Sydney. It is really an opportunity for fans to ask questions of those who helped make the film and a general get together. It will also serve as part of the research process fo my MA (Hons) project ... the worlds most slowly written book ... Cars and Car Culture in Australian Film.

Attendees will need to register just so we know how many are coming in case it is more than the cinema can hold. I expect it will be less than 100 who attend but we have to be safe in case heaps want to come. You are more than welcome to come if you can.

I will post the email address for registration shortly.

There a plenty of places to drink and eat within walking distance and we can enjoy a great night after the event.

Pete
Last edited by PacificMuscle on Wed Dec 17, 2008 4:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lingerie ... remember Lingerie ...

Pete
PacificMuscle

Re: 35mm screening of Mad Max 1 in Sydney - January

Postby Cueball » Wed Dec 17, 2008 3:57 am

Wohoo, cant wait to meet you guys and to see Mad Max 1 for the first time on the big screen!
I dont know, man..... I just got here meself!
Cueball

Postby PacificMuscle » Wed Dec 17, 2008 4:31 pm

The email address to register for the free screening of Mad Max 1 and subsequent Q & A is ....

mmscreening@yahoo.com.au

Pete
Lingerie ... remember Lingerie ...

Pete
PacificMuscle

Postby nelson » Fri Dec 19, 2008 8:35 am

Hi all, thanks for posting this Pete. I am in Arizona the moment and only have a little access to the net. I will post more on this when I am back next week. It is intended to be a low key fan based screening with a casual feel.
nelson

Postby mack tanker » Fri Dec 19, 2008 7:43 pm

Where abouts in arizona?
mack tanker

Postby nelson » Mon Jan 12, 2009 9:28 pm

Hi guys, just a reminder of the screening in a couple of weeks. Please register to confirm your seat. There is no cost and the registration is to ensure the numbers dont exceed the seats in the cinema as it is a small cinema.
This will be a great opportunity to meet Grant Page, Dale Bensch and Emil Minty as well as guys from the forum in small venue where you can talk MAX! I have no doubt we will enjoy a drink or two after the event also.

I think it is a worthy of recognition that this event is free due to the good people at AFTRS and the calibre of the character of Grant, Dale and Emil that are willing to attend this event so the fans can meet them. Thank you guys!
nelson

Postby nelson » Thu Jan 22, 2009 3:19 am

Hi guys, just over a week to go and a few more names have been added to the list of cast and crew attending. Nic Gazzana (Starbuck) and Chris Murray who did the special effects will be there to talk to the fans. There will also be a few surprises. Please register so that you are confirmed to attend. Currently there are sixty seats taken. Ony those who register will be gauarenteed a seat. It is a free event and the only reason we need registration is so that the venue is not over booked.

This is a great opportunity to talk with Grant Page, Emil Minty, Dale Bensch, Nic Gazzana, Chris Murray and Dirk (Cueball) as well as other fans from the board. After the screening and Q & A session we will be gatering for a drink or two.
nelson

Postby nelson » Wed Jan 28, 2009 3:36 pm

Just a few days to go and I urge all those thinking of coming to let us know asap. Fans of Mad Max are in for a great time. This is the first time there has been an event where you can see the movie for free and mingle with the guys who helped make it.
nelson

Postby Peter Barton » Sat Jan 31, 2009 11:55 pm

So where's the pics?!?!

Any more details...?
Peter Barton
Site Admin

Postby fury frances » Tue Feb 10, 2009 8:18 pm

Sounds like or more sounded like fun. Just like me to find out about these kindre things a month too late.

Its a shame you didn't hold it here in Melbourne though, or posablity of a second screening.
With a good substancal amount of it being filmed here in Victoria i take some pride in that, even if i was born 15 years post-production. :lol: Like most of the younger genaration fans, i've yet to see mad max on the big screen but know that those famous chase screens would just shine up there.

Now i'm quite dispointed in missing a gathering of this sort. it would have been incredibly interesting to listen to and meet some people who have worked on this film. Its an on going fantasy to somehow have part in the forth movie even though i highly doubt it will even see australian soil in the production process. Not that i have no faith in George Miller or what he might fortell for a 4th film, but in the studios and investors. And for the fact that the world is alot different to when the first film was made.

gosh why'd i have to find this madmax forum a month to late.
i would have totally been up for a road trip to NSW, like totally. :D :o
raunchy, very raunchy.
fury frances

Next

Return to General Movie Discussion