Donut Dale Little River 08

Back 2 The Max - Little River, 10 - 12 October 2008 (and formerly Broken Hill, July 12-14 2002)

Re: Donut Dale Little River 08

Postby mscar2783 » Tue Nov 25, 2008 12:40 pm

Same goes for the other photo with Steve getting ready to swing the baton at the camera that Dale posted as well. Good eyes on that!

Mark
mscar2783

Postby Donut Dale » Wed Nov 26, 2008 4:44 am

mack tanker wrote:Thanks Dale great shots

Always a pleasure. Thanks.

mack tanker wrote:Do you rember if the toecutter's bike was turbocharged?

Yes, I remember that it was not turbocharged. All bikes were factory standard apart from some exhausts, bars and cosmetics. (Where did that suggestion come from?)

mack tanker wrote:and after the beach/ice cream cone it always looked like max and the grease rat are looking at bubba's bike
The next scene the toecutter and bubba ride up bubba is riding the tan Z-1

Yeah, Bubba's bike was in for repairs so he rides up on a borrowed Starbuck bike. (Amazing coincidence that Max gets his puncture repaired at the same place!?).
In reference to Bubba's bike, the Grease rat later tells Max "Still having trouble with the front forks" ... "They're mongrels to work with".
(He also says "They gotta get their bikes" which suggests it wasn't only Bubba's bike that was in for repairs).

When Max and the grease rat are looking at Bubba's bike:

mack tanker wrote:and when you get hit on the bridge it looks like bubba's bike without the fairing

That was Diabando's bike which looks like a similar tank paint job to Bubba's, but without a fairing.
I can't recall, but it appears on the DVD that Diabando's tank stripe is actually tape.

Diabando's bike showing tape as a tank stripe:

Sitting on Diabando's bike before it attacked me:

The actual attack (But it got hurt more than me! Ha ha ha!):

Cheers
Dale Bensch
(Kirks Bridge survivor Friday the 13th January 1978)
Last edited by Donut Dale on Tue Oct 29, 2013 3:11 am, edited 2 times in total.
Image Image Image Image
Donut Dale

Postby Donut Dale » Wed Nov 26, 2008 4:58 am

zboy again wrote:Awesome pics again Dale, do you know the whreabouts of the trike these days? A mate said he saw it in a shed in Sydneys west is about 2005 & thinks one of the guys from the old chopper shop in collingwod still owns it ? but that as all he knew (or could recall from a huge week in Sydney.. :P )

Hey Dave!

Don't know anything about the whereabouts of the trike except that someone recently told me it is still "around", so your info may be correct.

Regards
Dale
Image Image Image Image
Donut Dale

Postby roadwarriormfp » Wed Nov 26, 2008 12:13 pm

Donut Dale wrote:
zboy again wrote:Awesome pics again Dale, do you know the whreabouts of the trike these days? A mate said he saw it in a shed in Sydneys west is about 2005 & thinks one of the guys from the old chopper shop in collingwod still owns it ? but that as all he knew (or could recall from a huge week in Sydney.. :P )

Hey Dave!

Don't know anything about the whereabouts of the trike except that someone recently told me it is still "around", so your info may be correct.

Regards
Dale

The trike made an appearance a few years ago at a MM movie night at a drive in a few years ago.
Pictures were posted on here by a member who saw it, I think it was Rick H. who was there.
Sometime around 2005?

Excellant pictures Dale.... :mrgreen:
We are 100% snafu....
roadwarriormfp

Postby mack tanker » Thu Nov 27, 2008 8:08 am

Thanks for the reply Dale
I wondered if the bike was an early turbo Z
With the blacked out engine and exhaust it is hard to tell where the exhaust is heading and the left side exit pipe Always made me wonder
Thanks again
mack tanker

Postby Peter Barton » Fri Nov 28, 2008 1:17 am

The trike was at the Blacktown drive-in in 2001:

http://www.madmaxmovies.com/cars/madmax ... index.html

Scott Page took the pic, I don't believe he got any info on the actual owner though. But I guess it would still be around, just not sure where to find it.

I've got an older newspaper article about the trike as well, will have to post it sometime...
Peter Barton
Site Admin

Postby roadwarriormfp » Sat Nov 29, 2008 3:38 pm

Ok was going through an old CD looking for some MM wav files i had made years ago.

I found these pictures on there and have no clue who gave them to me or where i got them from... but i got em.... you know what i mean!

Dale do these look like your pics maybe?
Sorry for the poor quality....

We are 100% snafu....
roadwarriormfp

Postby BOB BUILDER » Sat Nov 29, 2008 3:40 pm

Hey Barto,
I am back, looking forward to chating with all the guy's again. In regards to the Trike pic's they were taken at the Blacktown Drive -in, for Double screening of Mad Max 1 & 2 about 7 years ago. It was a big turnout with the ford coupe club turning up and also the guy's with the coupe from "Welcome to wherever you are". My email address has changed, you might have to update the pics with the new one.
cheers
pagey.
BOB BUILDER

Postby zboy again » Mon Dec 01, 2008 6:15 am

More awesome pics! thanks
SUPPORT YOUR LOCAL OUTLAWS
zboy again

Toecutterz Fairing

Postby toecutterz » Wed Dec 03, 2008 8:39 am

molds are done and will have pictures on website by this weekend. thinking by first of year we will have a finished piece on their as well.
toecutterz.com
sorry for the delay!!!
but were still in the Game
toecutterz

PreviousNext

Return to Back 2 The Max