The Punisher (1989)

General discussions about everything else

The Punisher (1989)

Postby madmax_00uk » Thu Nov 20, 2008 3:07 pm

I just watched the original Punisher movie from 1989 and thought it was a really good film. Anyone have any ideas why it was filmed in australia and set in the us? I read also that they converted australian cars to left hand drive. Anyone else seen the movie?
Madmaxuk

She's as nervous as a very small nun at a penguin shoot.
madmax_00uk

Re: The Punisher (1989)

Postby Big Bopper Bart » Thu Nov 20, 2008 7:34 pm

Anyone notice the cop cars were Aussie 4 door Valiants? and the Ambulance was one of them Mexico/South American/ Australian only 73-79 F series trucks with the fiberglass Ambulance body? I didn't like this movie becuase they fucked with Frank Castles origins as they made him a cop instead of a U.S Marine and they didn't use "The SKULL" on his chest either and for christs sake what the molly fuck was with him praying to god naked and living like a goddamned Nija Turtle in the SEWERS?? Rumor has it there is an uncut version of this movie where it does the movie some justice i.e there s a "Microchip" type charactor as in the comics he was Castles go to guy for weapons and modifying them and his vehicles. and I belive he does adorn a skull on his chest as well. the one coming out this Dec is gonna assrape the 89 and 04 versions trust me!
ImageNo.1 HELL RAISER on the MAD MAX Movies forum for over 10 years now !
Big Bopper Bart

Postby madmax_00uk » Fri Nov 21, 2008 3:22 am

I prefer this one more than the 2004 one though! And I thought it a bit random him talking to god at the start and end of the movie 2!
Madmaxuk

She's as nervous as a very small nun at a penguin shoot.
madmax_00uk

Postby XA351GT » Sun Nov 30, 2008 4:01 pm

It's been a while since I've seen this version. I also liked it better than the Mad Max rip off that was the last movie. I mean what the hell was stealing the entire family death scene . I almost through my $6 pop corn at the screen in disgust. The previews I have seen for this new film look great and seem to be more true to the origins story. It is a shame that marvel had to build their own studio to do their films justice. I'll be there the 1st weekend it opens . Really looking forward to this one.
Tommy
WE ARE 100% S.N.A.F.U.
XA351GT

Postby HUMVEE Driver » Sun Nov 30, 2008 5:51 pm

I'll be there for opening day, too. I am praying they get this one right. This movie better:

- Have Frank as a former Marine and not some FBI/cop guy

- Be bloody and violent as hell

- Be totally uncompromising in said blood and violence

- Have Frank be totally cold, calculating, and brutally efficient

- Really show that Frank is no hero, a man without hope, hellbent on punishing the gulity

- Have Frank using a belt-fed machine gun! Come on, big guns are his thing!

Go, Lexi, go!!!

HUMVEE Driver
"I'll see you on the road!"
http://www.madmaxmodels.com
HUMVEE Driver

Postby the armourer » Mon Dec 01, 2008 3:40 pm

[quote="HUMVEE Driver"

- Have Frank using a belt-fed machine gun! Come on, big guns are his thing![/quote]

True happiness is a belt-fed weapon.

I too will be there opening day. I guess I'm a bit partial to the '04 film because it was filmed in Tampa Bay and I had fun recognizing all the locations. Anyone who's ever drove into Tampa via SR60 will recognize the tenement building. We really got a chuckle when we recognized that Frank's in-law's beach house was the public restrooms at Fort DeSoto beach. I think Ray Stevenson will pull off the role pretty well. He was great in "Rome".
"There are over 550 million smallarms in worldwide circulation. That's one weapon for every 12 people on the planet. The only question is: How do we arm the other 11?"

"The Teutonic reputation for brutality is well founded. Their operas last for 3 or 4 days and they have no word for 'fluffy'."
the armourer

Location: Up to my elbows in a '69 Dodge, getting ready for a wastelands run....

Return to Off-Topic