BOB update

Like the name says...

Re: BOB update

Postby MrSpeed » Tue Oct 28, 2008 3:47 am

MadMatt wrote:Hey man great looking engine bay! Looks like a very nice solid body to work with! Wish i had done the same to my bOb. I dident go to town on mine since its a daily driver and was in very good shape too. but i have rebuilt everything on the car and is fun as hell to drive, your going to love the outcome when your done!! At the time when i got my car i dident have accsess to a computer for ebay etc.. and i used 1989 Ford truck headlights for it. Are the XC square units hard to bolt up? where do they mount exactly? Can you post some more close up pics? Hey whats wrong with good old manual steering? If the front end is new and tires arent to wide and there new too, its really no differnt effort in steering. To me its one less thing to break later on. Cool ride like to see more pics!!

Thanks madmatt, the car was an eyesore when i first got it, ive been rebuilding cars for a hobby for over 20 years now, and the first thing i noticed about it was how solid it was, bearing in mind the car is also 32 years old, so half of the hard work was done, fortunatley for me the car already had xc headlights with it so i just bolted them straight in, i would'nt know if xb and xc have the same front panel ?

Power steering is deffenatley going on the car, i have an xd ute with manual steering that has been totaly rebushed, new tyres etc etc, and is still hard to steer especially when parking, as well as mild performance i want to build some comfort features on the car as i intend to do the same as you and drive it daily.

Thanks for your interest, any chance of some pics of your car.

Simon.
The chain in those handcuffs is high-tensile steel, it'll take you ten minutes to hack through it with this, now if your lucky ? you can hack through your ankle in five minutes. Go !
MrSpeed

Postby cob115 » Tue Oct 28, 2008 11:49 am

looks fantastic there mate ,just finsished haveing a read,keep lots of pics and info of your progress comeing cheers pat
cob115

Postby MadMatt » Tue Oct 28, 2008 2:59 pm

Here is a pic of my 76XB Falcon bOb the nose and spoilers are made from steel. I need to update my pics since the car sits abit lower now.
cars and family 00115.JPG
cars and family 00115.JPG (248.43 KiB) Viewed 2055 times
MadMatt

Postby MadMatt » Tue Oct 28, 2008 3:11 pm

Here are some more pics, I like the feed back of the manual steering better and its not to hard to turn if the wheel isn't to small. It did make a big differnce when i went from a 215 series BFG to the 235 in front, it looks better but the car really feels out the road over uneven surfaces.
cars and family 00116.JPG
cars and family 00116.JPG (146.93 KiB) Viewed 2045 times
cars and family 00121.JPG
cars and family 00121.JPG (237.02 KiB) Viewed 2029 times
cars and family 00119.JPG
cars and family 00119.JPG (104.1 KiB) Viewed 2019 times
MadMatt

Postby MrSpeed » Tue Oct 28, 2008 11:42 pm

Mate top pictures of your ride, sure looks super clean, do you have rear and front wheelarch flares on it yet ?

Thanks for posting them.

Simon.
The chain in those handcuffs is high-tensile steel, it'll take you ten minutes to hack through it with this, now if your lucky ? you can hack through your ankle in five minutes. Go !
MrSpeed

Postby MrSpeed » Tue Oct 28, 2008 11:47 pm

starting the rebuild on the o/s front suspension

Then i will be fitting the wireing loom, and dash sections...do ya reckon the horn will work ??? :D

And after all that lots of this.....

Last edited by MrSpeed on Fri Nov 14, 2008 1:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
MrSpeed

Postby MadMatt » Wed Oct 29, 2008 4:07 pm

Hey there, no i do not plan on ever installing the flares as i may revert my car back to stock look or GT clone. I was never really crazy about the flares. Like i said i need to take some new pics as the car sits a little lower so the front wheels are up in the fenders more. I also have changed a few other things like the release button on my gas cap is now back to silver and the outline of the rear honeycomb panel is back to silver and im going to get new outside door handles (since one is broken) and they will stay silver,and my new high speed wipers are staying silver (i upgraded to the early wiper linkages since the XC plastic bushing one's suck! Just some personel things to keep my bob differnt. Its close enough to get to the point but im not going to be to picky about it. :) I could drive myself crazy trying!! LOL Your cars off to a good start it brings back memories when i got my XB. I think i did a good job for not having anybody elses car to look at, since mines the only one i have seen in person, besides Jim Martino's at Springfield for two seconds. send more pics of the build i might see somthing i missed LOL
MadMatt

Postby MrSpeed » Wed Nov 12, 2008 1:59 am

O/s suspension finished at last, over the last week ive managed to hook up the brake lines & pipes, fit some parts to the fire wall, soon hope to be installing the dash.

Last edited by MrSpeed on Fri Nov 14, 2008 1:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
MrSpeed

Postby nelson » Wed Nov 12, 2008 3:32 am

Getting there Mr Speed, keep going.
nelson

Postby MrSpeed » Fri Nov 14, 2008 1:25 am

nelson wrote:Getting there Mr Speed, keep going.

Thanks Nelson.
MrSpeed

PreviousNext

Return to Film Cars and Replica Cars