Steve Millichamp (ROOP) Little River 08

Back 2 The Max - Little River, 10 - 12 October 2008 (and formerly Broken Hill, July 12-14 2002)

Steve Millichamp (ROOP) Little River 08

Postby nelson » Sun Oct 19, 2008 12:01 am

What a legend bloke. I remember a very tall man walking into the shed where the cars were stored and I approached him and said , " hi mate, can I help you" seeing a stranger in the shed with the cars. He said " Hi, I am Steve, looking for Scott"

It took me a minute cause he is a lot taller than I thought and there was no attitude or any indication that he was the man Roop. I walked up and said sorry I had no idea who you were, he was astonished by the cars in the shed and said this takes me back 30 years. The humble way he conducted himself over the day was a credit to him.

The rest of the day he signed autographs, said his lines and acted like an absolute legend, nothing was too much trouble. Thanks Steve for coming and like the other guys who came thans for beng so accomodating and giving to us fans. A highlight of the weekend for me was riding in the front of the Big Bopper with Roop driving yeling out lines from the movie, what a blast. I know John from Scotland will never forget the time he spent with you and the effort you went to to give him the shots and memories.

Thank you Steve.

I cant wait for John to get home and post the pics to this story
nelson

Re: Steve Millichamp (ROOP) Little River 08

Postby roadwarriormfp » Sun Oct 19, 2008 12:30 am

I have to say i did the same thing when he was at the shed. I had no clue who this tall fellow was !
I had the pleasure of driving steve and george to and from the shed and listening to those two guys chat about the movie was simply the icing on the cake!

Just a pity it was a damned rental car... lol
We are 100% snafu....
roadwarriormfp

Postby mad dan » Sun Oct 19, 2008 12:41 am

yeah...I will never forget Steve and George's conversation, I get goose bumps just thinking about it.

Dan
...sorta slow motion. he leaves the seat, goes through the windscreen, headfirst straight into the tree...right. and then, bounces back through the windscreen. by the time we got to him.. he was just sittin there trying to scream with his face ripped off......whats the matter?
mad dan

Postby cob115 » Sun Oct 19, 2008 5:09 pm

got to agree what a nice guy,i was at the servo topping up the interceptor when he pulled up and asked were scott was and said nice car,i said cheers thanks mate and sent him down to the big tent,then around were the cars were stored i bumped in to him and the penny droped,he was a funny guy didnt mind doing photoes ,clowned around , theres not many people i let drive my cars but i had no hesitation in offering the keys cheers pat
cob115

Postby mad dan » Mon Oct 20, 2008 5:08 am

[url]Image[/url]

Steve Millichamp, the man himself. I really love this shot with the Bopper, and i love the way the seat belt is hanging out of the door. True "Roop' style :D

Dan
...sorta slow motion. he leaves the seat, goes through the windscreen, headfirst straight into the tree...right. and then, bounces back through the windscreen. by the time we got to him.. he was just sittin there trying to scream with his face ripped off......whats the matter?
mad dan

Return to Back 2 The Max