General discussions about everything else

Postby Nostalgia » Thu Oct 16, 2008 4:57 am

Hi to everyone who has survived the post-apocalyptic mayhem that lies before us. My name is Adam and i have been a massive fan of Mad Max since i was 8 back in 1983.

I have silently followed the fallout of this epic film since i was 14 and recently attended the 30th Anniversary gathering at Little River. I took pics of the static display that was on show out there but was absolutely gobsmacked as to what eventuated afterwards.

I posted up my pics from the Saturday on the forum's which i am a member of and from then on the pics just kept coming from other member's.

I am a member of Australian Ford Forums and OzRodders and i was blown away to realise that one of our members actually owns a replica Interceptor ( blak coupe ).

Many pics have been posted on both club's site's and a few video's have also popped up which are absolutely beyond my belief.

Namely ROOP in one of the pursuit cars reciting the ol' "Ya better send a meat truck" line and the infamous KNIGHT RIDER, in the aforementioned Coupe, GOING NUTS.

It blew me away. I cant say how thankful i am to Pat for directing me to this site.

Peter Barton, i have the March 2004 Mag in front of me now and have previously viewed your site. Your knowledge of all thing's Mad Max far surpasses anyone that i have ever met.

Ok this was only meant to be a small intro on my behalf, so i will go now and enjoy this amazing site that you all have created.

Thanks for having me in your club.

May the Main Force Patrol be with you all.

Adam.
"Step right up chum and watch the kid lay down the rubber road back to freedom".
Nostalgia

Re: NEW MEMBER

Postby zboy again » Thu Oct 16, 2008 5:10 am

G'day Adam,
Welcome aboard from me (munchr) glad you liked the pics.....

Dave
SUPPORT YOUR LOCAL OUTLAWS
zboy again

Postby Nostalgia » Thu Oct 16, 2008 5:18 am

Hey munchr, you are Pat's mate yeah ? Your pics are outstanding by the way. I have 3 sons and my middle one loved every one of your pics. He was with me last Saturday.
"Step right up chum and watch the kid lay down the rubber road back to freedom".
Nostalgia

Postby zboy again » Thu Oct 16, 2008 5:26 am

Yep, Glad he liked them :)
SUPPORT YOUR LOCAL OUTLAWS
zboy again

Postby Nostalgia » Thu Oct 16, 2008 5:35 am

He loved em zboy again. Geez, it's a small world isnt it ?
Last edited by Nostalgia on Thu Oct 16, 2008 5:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
Nostalgia

Postby Cueball » Thu Oct 16, 2008 5:38 am

Hi Adam, welcome to the forum!

Could you post links to the other forums please, would be nice to take a look there.

Greetings from Germany,
Dirk
I dont know, man..... I just got here meself!
Cueball

Postby Nostalgia » Thu Oct 16, 2008 5:40 am

Thank you for your welcome but can i get back to you on your request Dirk. I have promised not to release pics. I will get in touch with Pat and let you know if it's ok.
Nostalgia

Postby Nostalgia » Fri Oct 17, 2008 2:53 am

Ok Cueball and all you other fanatic's, here are the links to some great pics from the 30th Anniversary Reunion held at Little River. I hope you get as much enjoyment out of them as i did.

Some of the pics are the same on both links but there are a lot of different ones and some video's that will give you goosebumps, such as the Night Rider going bezerk in the beautiful Black Replica of one of the last V8's, which was built with a ppppiece from here and a ppppiece from there.

Be sure to look at all pages of each link.

http://fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=11237062

http://www.ozrodders.com/board/viewtopic.php?t=24845

Cheers,Adam.
Nostalgia

Postby mad dan » Fri Oct 17, 2008 3:04 am

Nostalgia wrote:
Namely ROOP in one of the pursuit cars reciting the ol' "Ya better send a meat truck" line and the infamous KNIGHT RIDER,

The Night rider...that is his name..The Night rider..., remember him when you look at the night sky..

sorry, couldn't help it. i'd just hate to see him assosiated with a gay talking trans am :lol:

Welcom aboard Adam

Dan
...sorta slow motion. he leaves the seat, goes through the windscreen, headfirst straight into the tree...right. and then, bounces back through the windscreen. by the time we got to him.. he was just sittin there trying to scream with his face ripped off......whats the matter?
mad dan

Postby Nostalgia » Fri Oct 17, 2008 5:03 am

mad dan wrote:
Nostalgia wrote:
Namely ROOP in one of the pursuit cars reciting the ol' "Ya better send a meat truck" line and the infamous KNIGHT RIDER,

The Night rider...that is his name..The Night rider..., remember him when you look at the night sky..

sorry, couldn't help it. i'd just hate to see him assosiated with a gay talking trans am :lol:

Welcom aboard Adam

Dan

Thank you for your welcome mad dan, but our Night Rider is legendary. The other one you refer to is just a wanna be. Ferchristsakes, he spells his name with a K. Knight Rider if i remember correctly. :shock: Bloody Hasselhoff tryin' to steal a bit of our thunder !! It didnt work Hoff, there is only one Mighty hand of vengenance, sent down to strike the unroadworthy.

P.S. The toecutter, He knows who i am. I'm a fuel injected suicide machine.

P.P.S. I have just been browsing this site and damn, someone is more of a max nut than i am. This is a unbelievable site with loads of great ( and correct ) info. Well done to all involved.
Last edited by Nostalgia on Sun Oct 19, 2008 12:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nostalgia

Next

Return to Off-Topic