"The last post" .. Gordon Hayes replies..

Two men, hand to hand, no jury, no appeal, no parole. Two men enter, one man leaves. (Put all your off topic bickering here!)

Postby OverheadCam » Mon Apr 30, 2007 8:56 am

"so it is indeed goodbye to all..."[/font]

Arh Crap!..Gordon Hayes:-Artist, Writer, Engineer and Die Hard Enthusiast...gone!..[/font]

Great!!!!..Just GREAT!ImageImage And he's taken a big part of this forums credibility with him![/font]
"Nice doggy..Nice Doggy!?"
OverheadCam

Postby nelson » Mon Apr 30, 2007 9:06 am

Come on overhead cam. I am sad Gordon chooses not to post because of a couple of newbies attacking him and a moderator censoring him but to say the forum loses a big part of its credibility is overstating it. This forum will indded miss him no doubt as he was a valuable contributor to many discussions but in the end he builds replicas from watching dvds. There are builders out there who build them from pics and after spending countless hours talking with the original owner and creator of the car.

Sure he is valuable but the credibility of the forum is affected more by the newby mudslinging than by Gordon leaving
nelson

Postby Bubba Fat » Wed May 02, 2007 5:05 pm

Just a few words for Gordon: Seeing you leaving this board is a BIG LOST for most members. You were like an older, experienced brother to them. It has always been a pleasure & honour to hear from you.

I hope you won't resist posting again ... Image

I could probably make it on my own, but I like you kids.
Bubba Fat

Postby cobra » Wed May 02, 2007 5:21 pm

Hello, mmm Gordon builds replicas from DVDs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! no we DONT!!!!!!!! why cant people get there facts right!, read our web site, if you can! Gordons origanal black coupe was most likely to be the first car after the film car to have a spoiler fitted to the roof and also by the orignal guy who did the movie car!, plus I owned what was thought to be one of the yellow film cars, later confirmed by Peter and my self it was not, but it may have been associated with the movies somehow due to the owner.

we have been messing with this stuff for a long long time, same with Scott and a few other dedicated people building replicas, and attention to detail is required more so by our cars and Scotts cars and in my eyes our cars and Scotts cars are considered to be INTERCEPTORS an not INCORECTORS like most cars out there and its disapointing to see so many incorectors, they have put alot of work into these vehicles and for what? something that looks wrong! but as long as the builder is happy with what they have created then thats all that counts.

plus the various conversations i have had with Ray Beckerly, Steve Bisleys organiser, and various other people regarding info on these cars an other things has helped us to get these cars looking as close as what they are, sure we had some failures, but sh*t happens!!, Steves cracked an engine block in Korea when they left it sitting outside overnite, oops! we had agreed to set it up for an australian climate and then it would be sorted once there well the weather beat em to it! the car in LA dropped an engine, a cheap car, it was spot on for looking accurate was running fine here, so i went there to fix it. they said they had it under control, but were confused over the fact it was a 302, mmm no more comment on that one.

I dont get on the message boards much due to the knit picking and the crap, but all in all it takes a lot more than just looking at DVDs and talking to people to build these replicas, there is so much time and effort involved, some of us have done it the cheats way by copying our products and selling there own, we have done it the hard way by rebuilding a genuine nose tat was severely damaged, the front spoiler on the four door was hand built by myself, the flares have been redone to many times by Gordon to chase accuracy, we were lucky with the roof spoiler on the two door and the rest is all hard work and stress!

and why? because when we first started no one was doing it, we did it to give people what they couldnt get. and we had a lot of fun building them on the way, especially when we get pulled over by the police.

DVDs mmm I dont think so, except maybe to get the over head radio correct An bits!!

now we have mostlikely done our last replica and i hav moved on to building a Tumbler, this has been done by lookin at a dvd! you get to see so much of this car in the batman movie!!

regaeds Grant

cobra

Postby March Hare » Wed May 02, 2007 6:13 pm

...beleive it or not Grant, there are people, including myself , that admire the work you and Gordon do... there isn't a single member here that could look you in the eye and say HONESTLY.... "don't park that in my driveway"

...seriously, If I lived around the corner from your shop, I would bug you guys EVERYDAY.

....Need somebody to sweep the floor under the Tumbler?

"I am the chosen one, The mighty hand of vengeance, sent down to strike the unroadworthy".. SIN CITY MFP 2173
March Hare

Postby nelson » Wed May 02, 2007 6:29 pm

geez Grant. talk to Murray Smith, Eroll Platt never worked on the car. Gordon himself said he watched the dvd to get things right in the LA interceptor video. No big deal. Now I want to run off from this board.
nelson

Postby nelson » Wed May 02, 2007 11:53 pm

oh, and you would be a fair judge of incorrect replicas, have a look at the road warrior in street machine. I remember Gordon attributing the incorrect height of the blower to watching the dvd on a widescreen or similiar tv which distorted the image. The roll cgae was also too thick.

The difference between you guys and us incorrect replica makers is that we are not claiming to be the most accurate or making them for other people. I suggest you let this thread go as it was and be a memory. I am more than happy to continue getting the facts if you wish. Search this board and you will find them.

I cant see what is wrong with admitting you use the dvd to build the replicas. No shame there.

Many of the unanswered questions Gordon asked in that LA interceptor video Murray Smith was happy to talk about at Easternats. Wait for the video. Thanks to some peoples generousity I have now met and talked with not only the builder and owner of the car, including seeing some awesome photos of the movie cars, but also the painter of the orignial cars. The truth is out there.
nelson

Postby cobra » Thu May 03, 2007 11:27 am

Hi, I am not saying we dont use the DVDs to get things done, but its not all we used. I am sorry if my comments have ticked you off to go an hide, but this sock puppet has started something wich has tick me off a little and put Gordon off the board, we avoided talking to Murrey and a few of them as they have enuf to deal with, and didnt want to put em on the spot., when Gordon got his roof spoiler Eryl was the one who had it and fitted them, he may not have done much more. Ray Beckerly is a busy man, I spent a lot of time on the phone to him long before the internet came around, yes our cars do have some differances, there are various reasons, one is so we can identify our cars from a pic against other builds as well as wrong info from others, to be honest I would rather go to the DVD for info over people, because its there, and we dont have to put any one on the spot, or maybe get some one on the wrong day, they have been hounded enuf as it is.

I see Gordon was asked to go to the easternats, its a pitty he didnt, but maybe the next one, and we will get the Batmobile there to. but once again, I am sorry if it has ticked you off, and same if any one pops over here, your welcome to come and take a look.

regards Grant

cobra

Postby AdrianUK » Thu May 03, 2007 2:01 pm

we have been messing with this stuff for a long long time, same with Scott and a few other dedicated people building replicas, and attention to detail is required more so by our cars and Scotts cars and in my eyes our cars and Scotts cars are considered to be INTERCEPTORS an not INCORECTORS like most cars out there and its disapointing to see so many incorectors, they have put alot of work into these vehicles and for what? something that looks wrong! but as long as the builder is happy with what they have created then thats all that counts.

What an interesting statement Grant! "as long as the builder is happy with what they have created then that's all that counts"........but....... you find it dissapointing to see so many incorrectors!!!! "they have put a lot of work into these vehicles and for what?something that looks wrong" Have any of us 'incorrector' builders ever posted on here at how wrong yours look? NO,and why,because we respect yours and everyone else's efforts in building one,but it hasn't stopped you from posting how wrong they are!

Incorrectors? isn't that slightly arrogant and insulting? considering that Scott has all the original moulds and your cars don't and side by side they look totally different,so doesn't that put yours in the 'incorrectors' club?!

If you have a problem with an individual on this board because they have bagged your work then fire your insults at them but don't insult the rest of us rep builders especially with derogatory terms like 'incorrectors'.

My car was built for the love of Mad Max not for the glory of bragging how 'accurate' it is,not once did I use the movie as a reference to build it and I know that not one part on it IS accurate but I also don't want to have to read any of your above statement to know where I went 'wrong'!!
AdrianBennett

AdrianUK

Postby The Sockpuppet » Thu May 03, 2007 2:50 pm

grant, you are a bigger tool than gordon.

adrian is right in saying that he built his car for the love of mad max. i have never heard adrian once say how accurate his car is, he created his car so that he - along with many others - could enjoy the mad max experience. WELL DONE ADRIAN !

my problem is that gordon talks up your cars all the time to anyone that will listen and when you place your cars in street machine magazine and state that the only way you can tell the difference between your car and the original is to place them side by side! when i look at the centre spread of your car in this article the first words that come to mind is " how did they get it so wrong ?" that car wasn't even close.
The Sockpuppet

PreviousNext

Return to Thunderdome