Roadwar NW

Fan events and get togethers - Wasteland Weekend, Roadwar, etc..

Roadwar NW

Postby PursuitSpecial » Mon Jan 15, 2007 9:58 am

I see on the road war website there is a blurb about an event in the Seattle area this year. When? When? When? That's only 300 miles from me.

"I pursued my enemies and overtook them;
I did not turn back till they were destroyed."
-Psalm 18:37

Username: Jon (Jun. 28, 1999 - Oct. 17 1999)
Username: JtB (Oct. 17, 1999 - Mar. 31, 2000)
Username: PursuitSpecial (Mar. 31, 2000 - present)
PursuitSpecial

Roadwar NW

Postby Justice » Mon Jan 15, 2007 4:58 pm

2200 miles for me, give or take a few... Little to far for me. I wasn't in the states for the events I would have been able to go to, so I am secretly hoping it'll return to Texas sometime in the future!
Heroes die... Legends live on... maxrockatansky.org
[last updated: October 24th 2009]
Justice

Roadwar NW

Postby Suede » Wed Feb 07, 2007 11:53 pm

well as seattle is a good 30 minute drive from me... yeah i think i could make that one.
"Its better to rule in hell, than serve in heaven."
Suede

Roadwar NW

Postby HUMVEE Driver » Thu Feb 08, 2007 5:36 pm

That's about 2,500 miles for me. I won't be making it.

I need some of these events to take place in the Midwest area. What happened to the Road War event in Collinsville, near St. Louis?

HUMVEE Driver
"I'll see you on the road!"
http://www.madmaxmodels.com
HUMVEE Driver

Roadwar NW

Postby MFP1 » Wed Feb 28, 2007 12:29 am

I am in Seattle, and asked around so i have a little insight on this one.....Looks like the event is still on for this year, in late may, however there has been an unexpected sceduel change with one of the venues, as well as some other minor troubles, so at this point either the location(s) or exact date is in transition. Organizers say that they will at least put on a smaller scale event, as a worst case scenario (with a full scale event to follow at a later date), for local Fans, Cars & Costumed Crazies (and anyone else willing to trek to Seattle/Kent Wa area). They have had great luck working with local police and state patrol, so whatever happens, things should go fairly smoothly. In any case I will personally be there with my "Red XA Bat" (just cant bring myself to call it a "Wipeout" now that I am really making progress on the car), staying clear of the front of the tanker.
"We'll see you on the road scag, We'll see you like we saw the nightrider!!!", "Perhaps its a result of anxiety...." MFP1
MFP1

Roadwar NW

Postby PursuitSpecial » Thu Mar 01, 2007 10:01 pm

Good info Dee, looking forward to attending the event, even though I don't have any kind of replica car (yet) haha...

"I pursued my enemies and overtook them;
I did not turn back till they were destroyed."
-Psalm 18:37

Username: Jon (Jun. 28, 1999 - Oct. 17 1999)
Username: JtB (Oct. 17, 1999 - Mar. 31, 2000)
Username: PursuitSpecial (Mar. 31, 2000 - present)
PursuitSpecial

Roadwar NW

Postby I-5 Apocalypse » Fri Mar 16, 2007 12:51 am

I will be there if anyone passes on any info.
http://img406.imageshack.us/my.php?image=roadwar2td4.jpgImage

Join the Combat Racing Team at www.myspace.com/mfpinterceptor
I-5 Apocalypse

Roadwar NW

Postby MFP1 » Tue Mar 20, 2007 12:09 am

Slight update......

It appears that late August is a more accurate timeline (hopefully the last weekend in August). It seems that the holdup is nailing down a definate date with the local Drive-in theatre & Raceway. They have been VERY supportive, but the exact date is in flux for now still. We should have definate dates by weeks end or shortly thereafter.

I know planned activities will include Racing, Carshow, Tanker Run (probably starting at the raceway, arriving at the drive in for the films), costume contest, and premere of several "Freshly Built" replica vehicles. As far as I know, no Roadwar event has had the chance to use a drive in yet, so this should be AWESOME with the cars INSIDE the theatre. Where else can you watch the films from INSIDE your interceptor?

More as soon as I know.
"We'll see you on the road scag, We'll see you like we saw the nightrider!!!", "Perhaps its a result of anxiety...." MFP1
MFP1

Roadwar NW

Postby MFP1 » Thu Mar 29, 2007 10:47 pm

ROADWAR N.W.DATE CONFORMATION:

Main Events Saturday August 25th (the last Saturday in August). Friday Night Pre Party, and Sunday Brunch Wrap up for those who will be in town for them.

Mad Max Trilogy screening at the Valley 6 Outdoor Theatres Drive In Complex in Auburn WA., following the carshow, racing and tanker run.

Keep your eye out for more info, including accomodations etc.
MFP1

Roadwar NW

Postby Suede » Thu Mar 29, 2007 11:46 pm

huh, still plenty of time for me to finnish the rollbar, lights and get new nobby tires for my ranchero.
"Its better to rule in hell, than serve in heaven."
Suede

Next

Return to Events