They should do a Re-make of Mad Max.

For any discussions at all relating to the movies

They should do a Re-make of Mad Max.

Postby Heimdal » Thu Jul 01, 1999 3:05 am

I think too much time had elapsed for them to make another sequel.

I think they should make a re-make of Mad Max, but with modern cars, etc.

As for what car would suffice as the interceptor, that's a tough one.

I don't think they should use a glamour car for that, like a Porche, BMW, Mercedes, etc.

Those are all good quality cars, but they're also status symbols, and not appropriate

as hard-core pursuit cars. They'd have to use something slightly obscure, and menacing

looking, just as they did in the original. Any ideas?
Heimdal

Re: They should do a Re-make of Mad Max.

Postby TheDarkOne » Thu Jul 01, 1999 5:06 am

In Reply to: They should do a Re-make of Mad Max. posted by Heimdal on July 01, 1999 at 11:05:06:

As cool as it would be, I think it would be too tough to do a good remake. First, I thought the low buget feel of Mad Max made the movie, it wouldn't be the same with a huge buget. Also the movie was about the cars, I wouldn't be the same with a batch of new machines. Althought one police force in the south, I don't know wich, has a kick ass BMW M5 pursuit car. But I don't think they could successfully do a remake that had any of the same charm that Mad Max had.
TheDarkOne

Re: New Type Of Interceptor

Postby Steve Pilant » Thu Jul 01, 1999 11:00 am

In Reply to: They should do a Re-make of Mad Max. posted by Heimdal on July 01, 1999 at 11:05:06:

: I think too much time had elapsed for them to make another sequel.

: I think they should make a re-make of Mad Max, but with modern cars, etc.

: As for what car would suffice as the interceptor, that's a tough one.

: I don't think they should use a glamour car for that, like a Porche, BMW, Mercedes, etc.

: Those are all good quality cars, but they're also status symbols, and not appropriate

How about a 73 XB? :-) Seriously, if Hollywood were to get into a recycling mode with Mad max, whatever vehicle they used I personally feel would have to have styling cues which paid homage to the original. It would have to be gloss black with satin blacj highlights, have striped plexi / perspex light cover, roof & boot spoiler as well as the engine combinatin setup would have to be unique for the time and make those of us with extra big and heavy right feet drool. Perhaps a concept car would be best for any potential future remake - something altogether new and mysterious. I'd still like theoriginal best. Call me old fashioned. Regs, Steve

: as hard-core pursuit cars. They'd have to use something slightly obscure, and menacing

: looking, just as they did in the original. Any ideas?
Gotta hand it to ya treasure - the last of the V8 interceptors. Woulda been a shame to blow it up...
Steve Pilant

Re: New Type Of Interceptor

Postby Jimmy » Thu Jul 01, 1999 5:02 pm

In Reply to: Re: New Type Of Interceptor posted by Steve Pilant on July 01, 1999 at 19:00:30:

:It would have to be gloss black with satin blacj highlights, have striped plexi / perspex light cover, roof & boot spoiler as well as the engine combinatin setup would have to be unique for the time and make those of us with extra big and heavy right feet drool.

I've always been a fan of the 1987 Buick Grand National GNX coupe, which only came in black, and wondered what one would look like with a roof spoiler?

Jimmy
Jimmy

If I were an American...

Postby nomoneynocar » Thu Jul 01, 1999 6:06 pm

I would say that a Chevy Camaro or Ford Mustang in

black, or even a firebird etc, But I think a

current gen RX7 or Twin turbo supra would make

a sinister looking interceptor. Thoughts?

: I think too much time had elapsed for them to make another sequel.

: I think they should make a re-make of Mad Max, but with modern cars, etc.

: As for what car would suffice as the interceptor, that's a tough one.

: I don't think they should use a glamour car for that, like a Porche, BMW, Mercedes, etc.

: Those are all good quality cars, but they're also status symbols, and not appropriate

: as hard-core pursuit cars. They'd have to use something slightly obscure, and menacing

: looking, just as they did in the original. Any ideas?
nomoneynocar

Return to General Movie Discussion