It begins

Two men, hand to hand, no jury, no appeal, no parole. Two men enter, one man leaves. (Put all your off topic bickering here!)

It begins

Postby the armourer » Mon Nov 06, 2006 5:59 pm

Quote: Originally posted by Foxtrot X-Ray on 07 November 2006

No bans on such weapons here that I'm aware of.

Obviously, fully automatic weapons are not allowed.

So in a Semi-Auto (Or Lever action or whatever) what's the point of having one that looks like a Fully Automatic?

Mostly, though.. I pick what I like based on appearance (Art) as much as function.

What state are you in? Full-autos are legal in most states, unfortunately prices are through the roof. I bought my MP-40 and MP-28 about 10 years ago when they were still reasonable. Since we are basically talking about a "sh*t-hits-the-fan" scenario, I was leaning towards the military rifles for parts and ammo availability. The most popular military semi in the states today has to be the AR-15. 98% of the gunsmiths I know will have AR parts in stock and would need to order internal spares for civilian designs. Also the military designs will continue to operate under extreme conditions that would stop a civvie weapon.

Just my 2 cents....
"There are over 550 million smallarms in worldwide circulation. That's one weapon for every 12 people on the planet. The only question is: How do we arm the other 11?"

"The Teutonic reputation for brutality is well founded. Their operas last for 3 or 4 days and they have no word for 'fluffy'."
the armourer

Location: Up to my elbows in a '69 Dodge, getting ready for a wastelands run....

It begins

Postby Foxtrot X-Ray » Mon Nov 06, 2006 8:42 pm

Actually, I wasn't talking about a SHTF Scenario speciffically, though it would be included in the "Self Defense" reasoning.

There are different Schools of thought on what is the "Intelligent" choice for Post SHTF firearms.

Some prefer single shot, small-caliber combination guns such as the http://www.oldjimbo.com/survival/v-shrake/m6.html.

(I'd love to have one of those in my collection.. if I had a collection) Image

Some prefer Civillian Hunting rifles and simple handguns, and some prefer various fully automatic assault rifles.

New England Firearms' various Combination & barrel trader single Shots are quite popular with many of the Die-Hards at a Survivalist message board I visit

I suppose it boils down to what you expect to be encountering in the event of.. well.. Whatever.

Forage for Food with an AK47?
Fend off rioters with a .22 Single Shot?

"What's the best Survival Gun?"

A question that's been asked many a time at that Survivalist board..

Best answer yet: "The one you Have"
Last edited by Foxtrot X-Ray on Wed Feb 06, 2008 12:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Go ahead and run. Run home and cry to mama! Me, I'm Through runnin'!"
Foxtrot X-Ray

It begins

Postby The Toecutter » Wed Nov 08, 2006 8:31 pm

Our rights are being eroded by the Bushes, Cheneys, Pelosis, Kerrys, and Clintons of this nation.

From the Republicans AND Democrats we get the unconstitutional PATRIOT Act, unconstitutional Homeland Security Department, unconstitutioal War on Drugs, unconstitutional Iraq War, erosion of national sovereignty through NAFTA/WTO, among many other particularly egregious offenses to that document our founding fathers had written over two centuries ago.

Gun control is part of what the corporate types and the big government types have in store for us. They want unyielding obedience so that transfer of wealth from you to them can be maximized. They will confiscate property, imprison, and even kill to achieve that goal.

There are reasons why having unregistered firearms is a good thing. If the government or law enforcement doesn't know you have it, then it's that much more difficult for them to take it. It's your 4th amendment right not to have to let anyone but yourself know what firearms you own. It's your 2nd amendment right to own those firearms.

Our men and women in uniform should be protecting us from those domestic enemies that reside in our White House, Congress, and Courts, instead of killing Arabs living in a country that never attacked us just because they're sitting on top of a bunch of oil. We should be worrying about the problems here at home. Confiscation of firearms without a warrant or probable cause is an act of treason.
------------------------------

The unnecessary felling of a tree, perhaps the growth of centuries, seems to me a crime little short of murder." ~ Thomas Jefferson

The Toecutter

It begins

Postby Foxtrot X-Ray » Thu Nov 09, 2006 3:25 pm

We do have a long road to travel to put things right, don't we..

As for the Guns.. My recommendation is to Cash & Cache as many Unreg'd guns as you can put your hands on.
If things don't get hairy, you can always sell 'em at a Profit later on.

The recent elections hereabouts have got me to thinking, though..

Which of the two rifles I'd like to get a hold of is more likely to be effected by any sort of Ban?

The Western Style, Lever action .357?
Or the Military style, Removable Magazine'd .223 semi Auto that could potentially be converted to Full Auto?

HMMMMmmm..

Perhaps I ought to pick up the one more likely to be Banned First?

(It's more expensive, but in stock)
Last edited by Foxtrot X-Ray on Wed Feb 06, 2008 12:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Foxtrot X-Ray

It begins

Postby Redd4 » Mon Nov 13, 2006 10:36 am

And lay in plenty of ammunition, before they start requiring that each box be labeled with an individual number, and the identity of the purchaser be recorded...

Redd4

It begins

Postby The Toecutter » Wed Nov 15, 2006 5:38 am

That's why I like shotguns. A lot easier to make your own ammunition.
------------------------------

The unnecessary felling of a tree, perhaps the growth of centuries, seems to me a crime little short of murder." ~ Thomas Jefferson

The Toecutter

It begins

Postby Foxtrot X-Ray » Wed Nov 15, 2006 8:34 pm

Welll, Darnit.

Just found out that in order to put a rifle on Layaway, I'd have to do the entire payment schedule in less than three weeks.

Can't justify $200 a week.

So what I may do is have them order another gun I've been eyeing.. (MUCH cheaper) and pay that one in a 50/25/25 (%) plan before they stop doing Layaway.

Then, probably after X-Mas, start saving up for the more expensive iron..
Foxtrot X-Ray

It begins

Postby Bugsgecko » Tue Nov 28, 2006 3:27 pm

Read all about the police state

http://sf.indymedia.org/news/2006/11/1733167.php
Bugsgecko

It begins

Postby Redd4 » Thu Dec 14, 2006 12:10 pm

Forgive the late response...I remember that story. 3 wounds, out of a 6 shooter; gotta give the lady her due. She's (she was) a better shot than many cops....

I feel, when some unknown person is in your home, someone you've not invited in--all bets are off. And that includes police. They ought to know who they're shooting at.

Amended...that includes police who haven't announced they're coming in, with proper warrants and such.

Redd4

Previous

Return to Thunderdome