It beggers belief!!

Two men, hand to hand, no jury, no appeal, no parole. Two men enter, one man leaves. (Put all your off topic bickering here!)

It beggers belief!!

Postby Biker » Sat Nov 04, 2006 7:00 am

I heard on the radio yesterday that the UK Army is planning a new intiative to recruit at least 400 Muslims into the British Army.

Duh!!

3 guesses who's going to be encouraged to actualy take up that attractive offer, nope not any members of the peaceloving Muslims on the street who actually DO want to live in peace, but the students of some hate spouting deranged cleric.

I can hear it now: Roll up Roll up join the British army, learn all the tactics, methods, search and destroy procedures, weapons training, anti-guerilla warfare. $hit! We'll even pay you! ......... Then once you know all the things the "by the book" procedures of the glorious British army and you're fully trained up.... you'll AWOL to some country and fight along side your "oppressed brothers (and sisters) who wear bedsheets for clothes"

I mean [color=red]COME ON!! Image[/color]

I think someone in a high rank in the army just got a "Be pink and fluffy" memo from someone clueless a$$hole high up in government!

SheeshImage

Biker
Are we living in a land where sex and horror are the new gods?

My Mad Max T-shirt designs http://www.redbubble.com/people/biker/t-shirts
Biker

It beggers belief!!

Postby OverheadCam » Sat Nov 04, 2006 7:13 am

Didn't that American Sergeant Mohamad Buggertherestofyou get life in prison for throwing a buncho' handgrenades into his "Comrades'" tents?

do we have to go through this again?

what's next?, some General in the British Army comes up with the new tactic of having his troops march slowly towards the enemy machinegun nests?
"Nice doggy..Nice Doggy!?"
OverheadCam

It beggers belief!!

Postby Biker » Sat Nov 04, 2006 8:24 am

what's next?, some General in the British Army comes up with the new tactic of having his troops march slowly towards the enemy machinegun nests?

Only works on the fuzzy wuzzy's OHC and then only if you have fixed bayonets, put the fear of god up 'em!

Yup OverheadCam, sounds potentially the same thing as that thing with that Muslim sargeant. I mean would you actually trust someone in the same unit as you, if the sh*t hit the fan, and they were of the same faith as your so called "enemy"

Like there isn't enough institutional racism in the army as it is for black people because they just happen to have a different skin colour. Sheesh!

How could someone, who's religeon teaches peace, even want to become a soldier? I'm wondering if this is actually some reverse psychology scheme to round up potential terrorists. Anyone who signs up to join the british army of Muslim faith is therefore a wannabe insurgent.

Yep that'll work.

Biker

Biker

It beggers belief!!

Postby roadwarriormfp » Sat Nov 04, 2006 8:59 am

"Targetting" a particular group to join the army.... or any other sort of job is another way of just being politically correct . It makes them all warm and fuzzy inside......

This sort of thing...especially in the army.... would lead to more trouble then what its worth.

Considering that "muslims" are supposted to be war mongering terrorists (as labelled by the government and media) why would they hatch such an idea !?!??!

I heard on a local news show that PM Blair has a Muslim advisor ??? Is this one of his ideas then??

It may well be some sort of reverse-psycology too....

One needs to ask why these sort of things are thought of... and what motives....

We are 100% snafu....
roadwarriormfp

It beggers belief!!

Postby Big Bopper Bart » Sun Nov 05, 2006 6:57 am

Ah coddling the ragheads.When will our counrties learn that to get the enemy inside is even worse than facing them in battle.
ImageNo.1 HELL RAISER on the MAD MAX Movies forum for over 10 years now !
Big Bopper Bart

It beggers belief!!

Postby Mitch » Mon Nov 06, 2006 7:03 am

I have no information beyond what's been posted here, but it may be that the British Army is looking to enlist Muslims to work in intelligence. There's a shortage of Arabic speaking intel analysts over here and maybe the UK needs some "insider opinions" too. During WWII Japanese speaking Americans were highly sought after. Much rarer than German speaking Americans. So maybe it's for the skills, not a PR stunt?

Recruiting Muslims based on religion alone is questionable, but if it's for the cultural insight or language skills, it doesn't seem so stupid.

As far as serving with a Muslim soldier, I tend to judge individuals, not groups. I've served with good and bad soldiers of all different religions. It would be natural to be a little wary of a Muslim, but they'd either prove themselves to be reliable or not pretty quick.

Has the Army announced the reasons for actively recruiting Muslims?

Mitch
Mitch

It beggers belief!!

Postby Biker » Mon Nov 06, 2006 7:54 am

In answer to your last qustion Mitch. Not as a far as I know. All I got was a news flash in a 5 minutes news summery at 6am. All I heard was that, maybe there's something more in the papers (there usually is).

Now the idea of them recruiting for inteligence perposes or otherwise might be a sound idea, but how would you really know that Mohammed hasn't some secret agenda he's been instructed to follow from a 'higher' source? The term "5th columnist" springs to mind.

I'm convinced this is another "pink and fluffy" exercise designed to make the Army appear acceptable to the ethnic minorities. Like the army needs to be seen in a cute way..... just as you have 18 inches of cold hard steel bayonet rammed through your gizzards.

I dunno, it just stinks to me. I can see some snot nosed kid trying to get his life in order and joining up at some recruitment station only to be denied because he has the wrong skin colour or faith (unless he's a Jedi of course LOL! )

I was a part time FireFighter when I was in the UK, we had so many part timers trying to join up to become full timers but they were denied it... however if you were female or from an ethnic background you were shown the red carpet! Seems to me the fire services were guilty of racism. Based in favour upon the sex or skin colour of the applicant! Somehow I feel this is new scheme with the army is an overspill from that dodgy policy.

If you're fit and able, can carry a 170lb dead weight 100 yards while wearing a full breathing apparatus then that's great, but sorry mate we can't use you BUT if you're female weighing in about 100lbs and have long hair and pretty eyes, or if you are male, coffee skin in colour have facial hair, which your faith forbids you from cutting and wear a turban, thus making the wearing of a breathing apparatus impossible. Weeeeeeeellll we'll overlook those little details cos you're in! Congrats! Want a pay rise?

The differences ought to be glaringly apparent.... To everyone except the government and the upper managment in the fire services.

I dunno it just makes me shake my head in disgust and despair. This political correctness worries me.

Biker

Biker

It beggers belief!!

Postby OverheadCam » Tue Nov 07, 2006 7:01 am

In the MiddleEast, Aimless, Frustrated young men with a bloodlusting desire to kill are attracted to Militant extemist wings of whatever religion is open to them.

In the West our Aimless bloodlusting, frustrated youths just join the Army or Police. What we have to proote to these middle eastern teenagers is there is a religion that not only embraces the psycho-masachistic ideology they're seeking...but also arms and trains them...and sends them out to fight. This religion is called THE US MARINE CORPS!

"GOD has a hardon for Marines...cause they kill everything they see, and keep heaven packed full of fresh souls"

20 weeks of scripture like that..together with refreshing hard exersice in the outdoors and good chow will have 'Mohammed' himself eating Christmas Ham and praying to Jesus each night "Thank God for the Marine Corps...and God bless America".

If I was a Jawa (you know...'sand people') who couldn't drink, couldn't listen to Rock music or talk to girls, complain about my elders or leave my home town...I'd wanna blow myself up too..and take out a couple of those lucky westeners with me.

Wanna solve the problem of radical Wahib Muslims....set up a Marine Corps recruiting building on one street corner and a 24/7 Bikini Beach Party on the other and tell 'em they can have a choice...'cause that seems to be the problem...these kids don't have a choice. Whomever gets to them first wins the war!
"Nice doggy..Nice Doggy!?"
OverheadCam

It beggers belief!!

Postby roadwarriormfp » Tue Nov 07, 2006 8:23 am

ITs not just these kids though who are... without direction.

Crime here has risen, specially gang related violence.

The hooning and racing is outta control too. Its become so bad that i try to avoid driving at night as street racing is everwhere here. My poor old once quite suburban street has so many burnout marks its not funny.....

And your right Cam...whoever get to these kids first.... extremist religious groups, the military, street gang or whatever.... they take control of them quite easy.

I dunno if im just too outta touch or not , but i see most under 30males, as simple sheep. Mindless drones.....

Its the same sort of mind numbing brain washing which occurs with Lebonnese/ Israelie kids or Irish catholics/ prodestants, gangs colours, hell even the military do it.

And i can tell you as an adult going through boot camp i almost laughed outloud (inside i laughed a lot) when our corporals were yelling at us..... most of the younger ones sh*t themselves... while the adults tried not laugh. As you get older and wiser we know what the "game" is.....

Which is why you see mostly younger "suicide" bombers..... too easy to manipulate..... too stupid to know that what they are doing is futile....

We are 100% snafu....
roadwarriormfp

Return to Thunderdome