don't they get hot??

For any discussions at all relating to the movies

don't they get hot??

Postby TheDarkOne » Wed Jun 30, 1999 5:42 pm

I was just thinking about the clothing in the Mad Max 2. Don't those guys ever get hot, I mean in the desert in the middle of the day with all those pads and stuff, not to mention leather. I get hot in all my ice hockey pads in the middle of winter. Oh well, they looked cool I guess.
TheDarkOne

Re: don't they get hot??

Postby Peter Barton » Wed Jun 30, 1999 9:06 pm

In Reply to: don't they get hot?? posted by TheDarkOne on July 01, 1999 at 01:42:09:

Check out the picture on the biography page for George Miller - notice anything about the behind the scenes pics? Everyone is rugged up really well, because they did all the filming in the middle of winter!

: I was just thinking about the clothing in the Mad Max 2. Don't those guys ever get hot, I mean in the desert in the middle of the day with all those pads and stuff, not to mention leather. I get hot in all my ice hockey pads in the middle of winter. Oh well, they looked cool I guess.
Peter Barton
Site Admin

Postby Jon » Thu Jul 01, 1999 3:54 am

In Reply to: don't they get hot?? posted by TheDarkOne on July 01, 1999 at 01:42:09:

I think I also mentioned this on the other board, a while back, I feel the same way as you. Answer me this people, if you were in the middle of the hot Australian Outback, in a black car (w/no AC probably), black leathers, wearing a lot of tools and tight fitting boots, would you be comfortable? Mel must have drunk a lot of water for that one.
Jon

Postby Steve Pilant » Fri Jul 16, 1999 7:50 pm

: I was just thinking about the clothing in the Mad Max 2. Don't those guys ever get hot, I mean in the desert in the middle of the day with all those pads and stuff, not to mention leather. I get hot in all my ice hockey pads in the middle of winter. Oh well, they looked cool I guess.

For an explanation to fit the fictional world of Mad Max, perhaps it was the onset of nuclear winter in the post apocalyptic future of Mad Max. Regs, Steve
Gotta hand it to ya treasure - the last of the V8 interceptors. Woulda been a shame to blow it up...
Steve Pilant

Return to General Movie Discussion