You think your government is bad ??

Two men, hand to hand, no jury, no appeal, no parole. Two men enter, one man leaves. (Put all your off topic bickering here!)

Postby roadwarriormfp » Thu Apr 13, 2006 11:12 am

Ok just watched A Current Affair......

A small shire in NSW which consists of about 90 people has been told of some new laws for their little shire. The shire no longer has a council and has been state controlled for 3 yrs.

Practically everything they do will now require a permit.... and im not joking...

Wanna prune your own fruit tree? Permit....

Wanna buy some chooks?.... Permit

Wanna build a house on a block of land under 100acres ? ... sorry...illegal

Wanna sub-divide?... sorry.... illegal

Wanna sell fruit and vege on a stall at the entrance of your property? ...sorry.. illegal

Wanna dig a hole ?..... Permit

Wanna build a dam..... Permit

Wanna enjoy life???????

And we thought the commies stiffled people and life....!!! Sounds like empire building...

We are 100% snafu....
roadwarriormfp

Postby roadwarriormfp » Thu Apr 13, 2006 11:55 am

Read these letters and see if it sounds familier... then have a guess at when it was written. Some details have been omitted so you dont work out when it was written.........

The person who wrote this was sent to Australia to see if the climate was right to build a factory here............. This is part of his report sent back to head office......

".......With regard to establishing a plant in Australia, there are certain disadvantages which in the writers opinion are suffciently serious to comment on but not so serious as to deter anyone from commencing business. Should a company be started its troubles would be broadly classed under three headings - 1. Bad government, 2. Labor troubles, 3 Bad transportation.

Under bad government would come the tri-angular fight which is going on in parliament at the present time between nationalists, farmers and labour. These parties are nearly equal in all houses and no party can hope to govern without help from one of the other parties. The lack of sercurity of tenure of office tends towards a weak government policy which is naturally bad.

Australia's great diesease is over-government. Thirteen houses of parliament, six Governers, and one Governer-General, all appointed by Britain speaks for itself, especially when it is bourne in mind that no MP receives less then #####pounds per annum. All this imense machine to legislate for ##### million people. Cost of administration has increased out of all proportion since the Commonwealth started to function in 1902........ "

Because of this persons letter, the company sent another person here to investigate further....

He wrote this as part of his reply...........

"......... Sir George states that he cannot honestly advise anyone to consider the establishment of any industry in Australia that requires the use of labor. He belives that labor, through its organisations, has such a grasp on Australia that it can only result in a revolution, that will either clear the situation up, or will wipe Australia of the map as far as ever having a place amongst the important Nations of the world is concerned. He states that the labor councils, through limiting a man's production, his hours of work, and by imposing impossible working conditions, are making the cost of living prohibitive, and can only result in a crisis that is bound to come in the not to distant future. My many years experience with labor in the contract business, led me to look further. I accordingly visited the factorys of.................

As a result of my interviews, i am convinced that manufacturing in Australia is possible, and that the danger from labor has been grossly over-rated simply because the employers have had absolutely no realisation of their duties towards that labor. The general tendancy on the part of all business men in this country is to take life easy, to devote an enormous amount of time to out-door recreation, and to stifle competition by artificial means.

The thought of lower prices to the consumer, and resultant heavy volume, has never seemed to gain a foothold in this country. At heart, the economic conditions preveiling in Australia is sound. Wool and grain will, for a great many years, remain the backbone of prosperity. Climatic conditions are almost ideal, and the country posses practically every resource that is required for its own sustenance.

Politically there is much to be desired, and at the present time, unionised labor is exercising too great an influence for the immediate welfare of the nation. The country is in need of higher education, and Lord Bryce was everlastingly right when he stated that ' everywhere in Australia were unmistakeable signs of the lack of refining influences of university education'..............

So guess what year this is ??? and whats changed ???

We are 100% snafu....
roadwarriormfp

Postby Bugsgecko » Thu Apr 13, 2006 3:53 pm

I'm roughly guessing post WW2...maybe 1950's-1960's ?

Our local council states we have to apply for a frigging building permit ( $130 ) to simply move an existing side gate further up our driveway....and wait months for the reply from the council.(oops broke that law)

We also have to apply for a permit if we want to paint our house or fence...with the paint colours,type of paint,brand name and "weathered results" clearly outlined in our application.(oops again my bad)

If we want to put up a pergola/shade cloth garden thing in our backyard we have to apply for a permit(oops how did that get there ?)

Backyard ponds apprarently need policing by our council (OMG the aliens left me with a body of water filled with goldfish !!!)

Lopping tree limbs is a serious council concern(but officer the tree voluntarily dropped it's dangerous limb without obtaining the correct permit)

Compost bins worry our council to the point they demand to inspect our vegie peeling sacrifices(the pagan gods built that healthy pile of crap and soil when I wasn't looking officer)

Bugsgecko

Postby roadwarriormfp » Fri Apr 14, 2006 9:27 am

Hmmm... Bugs... you have a problem there!!!!

And your answer is not correct... lol

We are 100% snafu....
roadwarriormfp

Postby roadwarriormfp » Sat Apr 15, 2006 1:32 am

More political correctness gone mad..........

Sea World (on the Gold Coast) management have renamed the "Fairy Penguins".... to...wait for it.... "Little Penguins"...... and why you may ask???

The term "Fairy" may upset some gay people who visit the park........... So any gay people out there who get upset as being associtated with small furry cuddly penguins we are truely sorry.

What the f**k is wrong with these idiots at Sea World ?!?!!?!?

Isn't it bad enough to have some stupid morons at some school in England changing "BAA BAA BLACK SHEEP"... to BAA BAA Rainbow sheep... so not offend black people !!!!!!!!!

Get a life people..........
We are 100% snafu....
roadwarriormfp

Postby OverheadCam » Sat Apr 15, 2006 2:25 am

Don't get 'em started on "Coon" Cheese!LOL
"Nice doggy..Nice Doggy!?"
OverheadCam

Postby Redd4 » Sat Apr 15, 2006 6:07 am

Anyone from here in the States remember the restaurant that was named "Sambo's"? I went there a few times when I was a kid.
Redd4

Postby OverheadCam » Sat Apr 15, 2006 6:11 am

My advice is.....as long as you're not effecting anyone else (none to complain) go ahead without the permit.

in many cases the cost of fine is less than the cost of permit!

My history's a little shaky but King George tried to do this to the American Colonists...and they just laid down and took it up the khyber...it's time someone stood up to this kind of oppression without representation!
"Nice doggy..Nice Doggy!?"
OverheadCam

Postby PULSE » Sat Apr 15, 2006 2:01 pm

I remember Sambo's, Isn't one of the other places now, ya know changed there name. Do they still have Bob's big boy? Or did that change as to not offend fat people?

Did you all here about the restaurant in Page Arizona that made an English only rule for it's employee's? I guess some employees were making complaints, that others were talking badly in Navaho. So the owner researched the issue trough the EEOC, cam up with a policy (employees can only speak English at work while on the clock), and is now being sued by the EEOC..... I'll see if I can find a link...
Pulse:

"One of the Texas Twelve"
PULSE

Location: San Antonio, Texas (it's not the wasteland, but you can see it from here)

Postby Big Bopper Bart » Sat Apr 15, 2006 11:57 pm

That sounds great,i wish more business's made it english only.i'm SICK TO DEATH of walking in some business and hearing spanish gibberish.
ImageNo.1 HELL RAISER on the MAD MAX Movies forum for over 10 years now !
Big Bopper Bart

Next

Return to Thunderdome